PDA

View Full Version : Black fluid coming from vapor line... SR swap

chituntang
06-02-2011, 06:24 PM
The car is a S14 with S13 SR swap. Had it and work on it for a few years and discover this problem for the first time...

Have not driven it for 3 to 4 months since the alternator blew. Finally got another one, swap it and car runs again. Also fixed my coolant leaking problem where one fitting was not tighten. After bleeding the coolant and took it for a "test drive," I popped the hood and found a few dots of black liquid around the intake area. Though they were engine oil coming out of the T fitting from the valve cover. Grab a a pillar to make sure the hose was tighten and paper towel to clean it up. Then I discover the black liquid was coming from the vapor line.

Any help? Thanks in advance.

fliprayzin240sx
06-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Which vapor line are you talking about? Pictures would help...

chituntang
06-02-2011, 06:45 PM
http://zsvqyq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1ptanfXZAh3UEPWsLyZ9nO3yVwHsoVNCstsAiHiEboUUw60x_ KIdLSFdZEfCGESVT1xJKufqj5SW2-H0lqA5ofbOnIS1VBNVpl/DSC00492.JPG?psid=1

YouTube - ‪SR help...‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqbe8nqc-z8)

fliprayzin240sx
06-02-2011, 06:48 PM
If I remember right, atleast on my Silvia...thats the fuel tank vent line. That should be gas coming out of there. You probably topped the fuel tank off too much and let some of the gas out thru there. Usually a mix of topping off too much and sloshing the tank around that I've had gas come out of there.

chituntang
06-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Well the car has 3/4 tank right now and it is still doing it...

fliprayzin240sx
06-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Trace that line and you'd see that it goes up against the fire wall and goes across the top and then back down to follow the fuel lines on the passenger side. My guess is that what ever you have coming outta there are just the left over fuel that made it to that side of the engine bay. It cant really back the way it came from since its higher on the firewall side