PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Sr troubles!!!

ChinkyChris
06-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Hey guys, First I would like to thank you for your time in looking into my issue.

Here is a little about my vehicle and issues.

I'm having issues at cruise and while in boost.
It almost seems like its missing (Cruise) or breaking up really bad (boost)
Plugs look lean, The car is deff not running Rich.
Also from a cold start the vehicle runs rough untill it warms up.

About my vehicle
S13 SR Redtop
Stock Injectors
Stock MAF
T28 Turbo
Walbro 255 Fuel pressure is 43 PSI (without vacuum) 36 (With)
NGK BKR6E gapped at .035
TPS Voltage is .34 Closed 4.02 Open
MAF Isn't having anything erratic
CTS is fine also

I've checked for boost leaks, (NONE)
I was throwing a code for the MAF, So I replaced that (with known good MAF)
Replace Coil packs (From known good vehicle)
Replaced Coil pack harness (From same vehicle)

HELP! Please and thankyou!

KiLLeR2001
06-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Hows the tune? T28 is a bigger turbo than the T25 that comes stock with the redtop, thus more air = lean. You'll probably want to shy away from the BKR6E's and get the 7's instead.

TPS sensor is suppose to be 0.45V closed, and 4.1V open. I have a spare TPS sensor for sale if you happen to narrow this problem down to that.

edit: The sweet spot for the TPS would be 0.45V when closed, adjust the tps until it reads 0.45V when closed then see how it runs.

fliprayzin240sx
06-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Kick down the sparkplug gap to .030-.028. See if that helps any. Plus what gas octane do you run? Dont run shitty gas on SRs, they hate low octane. Also, have you checked the timing on it? Might be off and a bit advanced too.

ChinkyChris
06-02-2011, 10:16 PM
I'll check the TPS. I have a spare TB with TPS still on it somewhere lol I'll have to find it
I would blame the boost pressure but I'm having issues getting it into boost lol
I only run 93 Octane and it's 15 degrees base timing.
Logging with Ecutalk/Consult cable.

Also, I checked out the injectors tonight,
No1 11.3ohm
No2 11.0ohm
No3 15.6ohm
No4 19.2ohm

I put another full set of injectors in the car from my buddys tonight, Still ran the same.
They all ohm'd out at 11.3

ChinkyChris
06-03-2011, 06:37 AM
Double checked for vacuum leaks, there are none.
I re-ran my grounds.
I checked for boost leaks, Tested to 30psi, No leaks.

JDMRIDDAZ
06-03-2011, 07:16 AM
Uh ur fpr is supposed to be 41-43
with vacum u r leanin out ur motor

ChinkyChris
06-03-2011, 08:50 AM
its a stock FPR
Per this site, I'm dead on correct Fuel pressure.
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/237660-sr20det-faq-swap-info.html
Also Alldata says that on the KA its the same pressure.

I've swapped the complete rail with injectors from my friends car...My car still ran the same :(

ChinkyChris
06-04-2011, 02:35 PM
OK, So last night I swapped out the CAS, Ignitor, and ECU (again) lol
Still the same thing!

Today, I was thinking about the harness, So I got another one and put it in the car...SAME THING!!!

The only F'n thing I haven't changed is the IACV!

I did do a compression test...I have great compression across all cyl.

maybe tonight is IACV time :( although looks like I might just pull the engine due to the fact i'm RHD and everything is in the way, My engine bay is painted too so I don't wanna scratch it all up :(

ChinkyChris
06-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Anyone else have any Ideas?
Oh yea, I re-adjusted the TPS to .45v closed... Same shit nothing changed.

KiLLeR2001
06-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Did you recheck for codes with the swapped ECU?

edit: Double check your wiring. Make sure EVERYTHING is grounded that needs to be. Especially the coilpack ground wire people always seem to forget.

JDMRIDDAZ
06-05-2011, 12:56 AM
get an adjustable fpr
and check volts to fuelpump
ive got my ecu switched power rewired w a relay
fuelpump rewired
and my coilpacks rewired with 2 relays

KiLLeR2001
06-05-2011, 10:05 AM
He doesn't need an adjustable FPR if his stock one is operating at normal psi. He doesn't need to rewire anything up to independent relays. If he has a wiring problem he needs to fix it, not bypass it. Honestly, I wouldn't listen to anyone who considers their 240sx coupe a "Onevia".

jr_ss
06-05-2011, 10:24 AM
He doesn't need an adjustable FPR if his stock one is operating at normal psi. He doesn't need to rewire anything up to independent relays. If he has a wiring problem he needs to fix it, not bypass it. Honestly, I wouldn't listen to anyone who considers their 240sx coupe a "Onevia".

I wouldn't listen to anyone that's a "cubs" fan... :fawkd: J/k. Regardless, he wasn't suggesting that he should rewire those items, he only stated that he had them rewired on his car....

I would take some carb cleaner and spray the IACV out. I really don't think your issue lies in the IACV though. That's mainly used at idle, so cruising and under boost it shouldn't play too much of an issue. I really seems that it's in your ignition system.

Have you rechecked for codes after you swapped the "known" good one in?