PDA

View Full Version : Flash Mob Beatdown

ESmorz
05-31-2011, 09:46 PM
Here you go Busted:

BvgVYEgWE88

If you feel they were victims of police brutality, feel free to let the powers that be know.

Chief of the US Park Police - (202)-619-7350

BOROSUN
05-31-2011, 10:01 PM
she's ugly...arrest her!!!

damn those dancing terrorist

http://www.deviantart.com/download/83123283/technoviking_stencil_by_h3nk.png

K_style
05-31-2011, 10:14 PM
WTF ?????

"We will find out!" ... LOL

soreballz
05-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Hey Elliot, your avatar looks like a cock. HEY, you know what would be cool? A thread dedicated to company logos that look like wieners.

<3

CrazyIvan
05-31-2011, 10:39 PM
In April 2008, Mary Brooke Oberwetter was arrested at the Jefferson Memorial while participating in an organized celebration of the 265th birthday of President Jefferson. Ms. Oberwetter and the group were dancing silently as they listened to music on headphones. She was charged with demonstrating without a permit (charge later dropped) and interfering with park police.

Oberwetter sued the arresting officer and park police for violating her first amendment right to free expression. In May 2011, the U.S. Court of Appeals upheld the arrest and conviction, confirming a lower court's finding that "the Jefferson Memorial is a nonpublic forum reserved for the tranquil commemoration of [President] Jefferson's legacy" and that Ms. Oberwetter had violated reasonable rules in place intended to maintain the monument for that purpose.

On May 29, 2011, five visitors were arrested while dancing inside the monument in protest of the court's decision. The protest and arrests were captured by numerous press and amateur photographers

As of yet, no law or documentation of law or statute indicating that this actually is illegal has been cited.

Wikipedia info... IMO they're just looking for trouble, why the hell would you dance on a memorial place? Are you happy that person died? That's disrespect IMO.

FaLKoN240
05-31-2011, 10:42 PM
Really not sure why they were arrested.

ESmorz
05-31-2011, 10:58 PM
Hey Elliot, your avatar looks like a cock. HEY, you know what would be cool? A thread dedicated to company logos that look like wieners.

<3

Really? Well this is news to me.

<3

Wikipedia info... IMO they're just looking for trouble, why the hell would you dance on a memorial place? Are you happy that person died? That's disrespect IMO.

It was to demonstrate a point no doubt. Kind of brilliant actually, provoke the hot headed police into abusing their power at the memorial of the founding father who fought tooth and nail to keep things like that from happening in his day.

Quote taken out of context time.

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. – Thomas Jefferson

uraznfriend
05-31-2011, 11:40 PM
doode one of the security guys just threw that guy down and started choking him and he wasnt resisting arrest, being a bit excessive there

Mr Miyagi
05-31-2011, 11:57 PM
doode one of the security guys just threw that guy down and started choking him and he wasnt resisting arrest, being a bit excessive there

Welcome to Amurca.

rps13drift
06-01-2011, 09:07 AM
I find it amusing. LOL Apparantly they are starting more TJ dance parties all over the country to protest this. Rock On!

YouTube - &#x202a;National TJ DANCE PARTY promo&#x202c;&rlm; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLw2ISUusz4)

TheWolf
06-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Yeah.. If some cop was choking me like that.. while clearly stating I wasn't under arrest.. I'd have seized on the opportunity for "self defense"

dudermagee
06-01-2011, 09:19 AM
Yeah.. If some cop was choking me like that.. while clearly stating I wasn't under arrest.. I'd have seized on the opportunity for "self defense"

lol doesn't work that way, and you'd have gotten fucked up/tazed/mace'd

ChaserAero
06-01-2011, 09:25 AM
I see way too much force being used here and a whole lot of iPhones.

yokotas13
06-01-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm on the police side here. I wish more force was being exerted. People think they have a right to do whatever they want, time and place. Malls are cool, this wasn't one of thoe places

sidewaysil80
06-01-2011, 10:14 AM
I'm on the police side here. I wish more force was being exerted. People think they have a right to do whatever they want, time and place. Malls are cool, this wasn't one of thoe places

you hit the nail on the head. i don't understand why people have to flagrantly torment laws and legalities. fucking trouble makers man, plain and simple. it's as if they never grew out of that "class clown" status per say and evolved into more and more questionable activities/ball busting.

TheWolf
06-01-2011, 12:52 PM
lol doesn't work that way, and you'd have gotten fucked up/tazed/mace'd

and then I'd have sued for money.. no threat to the officer or crowd control issue was present.. "dancing with headphones on" isn't threatening in any sense.. although I'd have immanent danger from a rogue officer. he should have asked him to leave instead of screaming at them or body slamming him down.

the world needs a little more beat down.

dudermagee
06-01-2011, 01:04 PM
and then I'd have sued for money.. no threat to the officer or crowd control issue was present.. "dancing with headphones on" isn't threatening in any sense.. although I'd have immanent danger from a rogue officer. he should have asked him to leave instead of screaming at them or body slamming him down.

A cop in uniform goes to put cuffs on you without saying you're under arrest or your miranda rights, you resist and you punch him in the face. You are then beaten and put under arrest for assulting a police officer.
They may give him shit for not actually saying you're under arrest but you're going to jail for assaulting a PO.

Element_on_20s
06-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Maybe they should have listened to the officers and not been a bunch of assholes. As far as I'm concerned they got what they deserved.

Mr Miyagi
06-01-2011, 04:19 PM

They do. The only reason they would of had to leave is if the memorial groundskeepers told them to leave.

Dancing is not a crime :fruit:

deolio
06-01-2011, 05:08 PM
http://clatl.com/images/blogimages/2010/09/06/1283782817-kevin-bacon_footloose.jpg

gearhead55
06-01-2011, 05:30 PM
/\/\/\/\ HAHAHAHA.

oh man.

lol.

word sux
06-01-2011, 06:51 PM
weather they were "tormenting" (i think thats a bit dramatic) the police or not is irrelevant.

they did not commit a crime, end of story. 75% of cops a douchebags because the job just attracts power hungry douche's. Ask my buddy, hes a cop and he will tell you the same thing. its the whole "respect my athoritah thing". I know alot of cool cops but I know allot more dick head power hungry scum bag cops. if you don't stand up for your rights they will be taken away, and standing up to the government is the most patriotic thing you can do.

95KA-Turbo
06-01-2011, 10:33 PM
you hit the nail on the head. i don't understand why people have to flagrantly torment laws and legalities. fucking trouble makers man, plain and simple. it's as if they never grew out of that "class clown" status per say and evolved into more and more questionable activities/ball busting.

What? Those people did what they did to bring attention to the fact that you can be arrested for, essentially, no reason. There was no law enacted in their arrests, they were specifically asking them 'what would you be arresting us for' and the response was basically 'because I can'.

How about the park police go get all the fucking sketchy ass homeless people out of DC. DC fucking sucks, some people not shouting or screaming just hopping around with headphones on doesn't even kind of make it any more of a shit hole.

DS562
06-01-2011, 10:44 PM
why the fuck would you want to dance there? its not like if they repeal it, people will flock there and dance. just another thing to make noise over.

ESmorz
06-02-2011, 02:30 AM
why the fuck would you want to dance there? its not like if they repeal it, people will flock there and dance. just another thing to make noise over.

The point.

You don't get it.

Quail
06-02-2011, 02:47 AM

Read THIS (http://zilvia.net/f/loud-noises/387976-flash-mob-beatdown.html#post4074247).

Now read it again.

speedracer601
06-02-2011, 03:18 AM
Douche bag had a code pink shirt on. Take him out!

ronmcdon
06-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Lol, the cops are pretty dumb here. I think the sergeant tried to bust them from demonstrating without a permit or something like that, but the dancers denied that explicitly. As far as I know, I can't see any laws being broken. I don't see any grounds for 'public disturbance' here. No loud noises or anything that could remotely be interpreted as a hazard.

should be interesting to see how this ends up though.

yokotas13
06-02-2011, 10:18 AM
They do. The only reason they would of had to leave is if the memorial groundskeepers told them to leave.

Dancing is not a crime :fruit:

Being a dumbass should be in this case

sidewaysil80
06-02-2011, 10:25 AM
their are tons of things that aren't illegal but still frowned upon (insert jerking off on airplane reference lol). but seriously, our generation for some reason feels the need to push the envelope and essentially cause rift and uneeded drama. is their a law against dancing silently at a memorial? no, but why the fuck would you? someone even said it..."provoke the hot headed police into abusing their power". well call me old fashioned, but if they didn't provoke the police this incident never would have happened!! someone got arrested for it, they knew this but they felt the need to push the envelope and go back and do it again in protest...why?!

if a person j-walks and gets a ticket, what positive outcome is there for me to assemble 5 other people and j-walk in the same place to protest his ticket? then bitch and hate on the cops when i'm disrespectful and get arrested for doing something that i knew was wrong, knew would result in me being arrested, and did it solely to provoke the police.

i'm not defending the polices physical actions, but as usual this is one of those instances where this entire situation could have been avoided if some bleeding heart and/or ignorant person just practiced common sense and civil deceny.

95KA-Turbo
06-02-2011, 12:00 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l40qiud68K1qc7l3wo1_500.gif

BOROSUN
06-02-2011, 12:31 PM
What a tuurrible example.

murda-c
06-02-2011, 12:50 PM

I feel like someone says "last warning, on your knees" a few times you should expect what happens next if you keep trying to dance...

Not agreeing with the arrests though. (don't really agree with dancing either, but i think the arrests are worse)

ESmorz
06-02-2011, 01:04 PM
but seriously, our generation for some reason feels the need to push the envelope and essentially cause rift and uneeded drama.

I would say our generation doesn't do it nearly enough.

http://connectingcultures2010.wikispaces.com/file/view/flower-in-rifle.jpg/171723871/flower-in-rifle.jpg

sidewaysil80
06-02-2011, 01:10 PM

I'm going to say that protesting a war is a little more worthwhile then protesting the arrest of some dumbass for dancing at a memorial.

ESmorz
06-02-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm going to say that protesting a war is a little more worthwhile then protesting the arrest of some dumbass for dancing at a memorial.

The fact still remains that this current generation is more aligned with the Leave it to Beaver era status quo of sitting down and shutting up, then it is with any kind of respect for their own rights and the rights of others.

We have three "wars" going on right now, and no one gives enough of a shit to do a damn thing anymore.

Get out of line and the judgment of some prototypical meat head piece of shit decides your fate more often than not.

:cops:

word sux
06-02-2011, 01:50 PM
the whole country has been pussified

Matej
06-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Flash mobs are so four years ago.

BustedS13
06-02-2011, 02:14 PM
i called that number, the conversation went like this:

"US Parks police blah"
"Hi, I'm calling about a video I saw on the internet of people being arrested for dancing at the Jefferson memorial. I'm absolutely disgusted by what I've just seen. I'm sure you're getting a lot of calls about this but I really feel the need to vent to someone."
"I totally understand sir, there is an internal affairs investigation underway, we aren't happy with the officers' behavior either, I personally believe the situation was handled very poorly"
"Oh wow, I figured I'd get to argue with you or something."
"No sir, we aren't pleased with this either. We've been getting lots of complaints and are looking into it."
"Alright, well, have a good day."
"You do the same, sir."

nice guy on the phone.

if the cops had been yelling this while making the arrests, I would have been on their side.

gearhead55
06-02-2011, 03:06 PM

I couldn't agree more.

if the cops had been yelling this while making the arrests, I would have been on their side.

i lol'd. Thats interesting about your call to the parks police. Its surprising and kind of cool that they are taking that position.

But yea, pushing the boundaries of our society is an absolute necessity. Our generation seems to be a bunch of self-centered idiots that are too apathetic to get involved.

ronmcdon
06-02-2011, 04:13 PM
I would say our generation is too uptight in general.
we could use a bit more song & dance in public.

Mr Miyagi
06-02-2011, 05:06 PM

Now that they have a commercial on flash mobs, its old.

tabasco122
06-02-2011, 05:25 PM
they can dance if they want to, they can leave their friends behind...

Fractur3
06-02-2011, 05:52 PM
their are tons of things that aren't illegal but still frowned upon (insert jerking off on airplane reference lol). but seriously, our generation for some reason feels the need to push the envelope and essentially cause rift and uneeded drama. is their a law against dancing silently at a memorial? no, but why the fuck would you? someone even said it..."provoke the hot headed police into abusing their power". well call me old fashioned, but if they didn't provoke the police this incident never would have happened!! someone got arrested for it, they knew this but they felt the need to push the envelope and go back and do it again in protest...why?!

if a person j-walks and gets a ticket, what positive outcome is there for me to assemble 5 other people and j-walk in the same place to protest his ticket? then bitch and hate on the cops when i'm disrespectful and get arrested for doing something that i knew was wrong, knew would result in me being arrested, and did it solely to provoke the police.

i'm not defending the polices physical actions, but as usual this is one of those instances where this entire situation could have been avoided if some bleeding heart and/or ignorant person just practiced common sense and civil deceny.

I see what your trying to say, but there are laws against J Walking. There aren't laws against silently dancing in public.

And I hate power hungry cops, I had one drive past my house as me and my friend were sitting in the driveway (doing nothing but sitting by a fire pit, talking) and he told me if I didn't get my ass inside I would be arrested. God only knows why, but being 16 I simply scurried inside, told my parents, and they were livid. Its one thing if we were being loud, but we weren't.

gearhead55
06-02-2011, 06:44 PM
I would say our generation is too uptight in general.
we could use a bit more song & dance in public.

truth.....

Otto347
06-02-2011, 07:09 PM
So from my understanding they did their "flash mob" thing and the officer was telling them if they did it again blah blah blah.

In that case they did their little dance and got away with a warning. The cop seemed cool in the beginning letting them know "just dont do it again" and at 0:13 he even cracks a small smirk laughing with them while just giving them a warning. But the two slow dancing was like spitting in the cops face. And the pussy whining about "my shoulder" they should have all gotten tazed and maced. They got what they deserved for being all around pricks.

And they're going back this weekend with more people. Im sure people visiting the memorial will love a bunch of assholes dancing around while they are there.

Oh and the real question, why the fuck do you dance at the Jefferson Memorial? People in their right mind dont do shit like that. I wish they would dance in the middle of the interstate instead.

word sux
06-02-2011, 07:40 PM
So from my understanding they did their "flash mob" thing and the officer was telling them if they did it again blah blah blah.

In that case they did their little dance and got away with a warning. The cop seemed cool in the beginning letting them know "just dont do it again" and at 0:13 he even cracks a small smirk laughing with them while just giving them a warning. But the two slow dancing was like spitting in the cops face. And the pussy whining about "my shoulder" they should have all gotten tazed and maced. They got what they deserved for being all around pricks.

And they're going back this weekend with more people. Im sure people visiting the memorial will love a bunch of assholes dancing around while they are there.

Oh and the real question, why the fuck do you dance at the Jefferson Memorial? People in their right mind dont do shit like that. I wish they would dance in the middle of the interstate instead.

again this is all irrelevant

they did nothing illegal just because it offends you dosnt mean it should be illegal. stop being a bitch and deal with it.

BustedS13
06-02-2011, 07:46 PM
citizen, pick up that can

cool story bro

Otto347
06-02-2011, 07:46 PM
just because it offends you dosnt mean it should be illegal.

Yes it does.

word sux
06-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Yes it does.

you would loovvee it in china dude

Otto347
06-02-2011, 07:51 PM
you would loovvee it in china dudeNot really.

BoostSlideWayz
06-02-2011, 07:55 PM
I think these guys deserve this...I mean who really wants to piss an officer off to that extent ? what is the point ? I understand if people think some officers are using their power but these people are simply being idiotic.

Toi
06-02-2011, 10:33 PM

Don't think so, they knew the rules and dude wouldn't have gotten slammed if ONE they applied for permit to have their little protest and TWO if he would have not held his hands up FORCEFULLY(idiot). The court upheld the arrest so WIN....In short they need to quit being douche bags dancing on a MEMORIAL.

I swear some people have no respect whatsoever, I am not the most dangerous person in the world but I bet you money I seen that crap at a Military memorial someone is getting an *** whuppin!!

95KA-Turbo
06-02-2011, 10:59 PM
They weren't dancing to disrespect Jefferson, they were dancing to celebrate his life and his beliefs......the cops were shitting on his beliefs by harming people who were doing no harm to others.

Mr Miyagi
06-02-2011, 11:17 PM
They weren't dancing to disrespect Jefferson, they were dancing to celebrate his life and his beliefs......the cops were shitting on his beliefs by harming people who were doing no harm to others.

Everyone just assumes that anyone doing something around a memorial is dissing on Amurca and Amurcas gubment :down:

DS562
06-02-2011, 11:54 PM

they harmed people who resisted arrest. i dont understand why people feel that they can prove their innocence by fighting police officers. It would not have escalated had they not resisted. now they have resisting arrest stacked ontop of their given charges. I dont give a rat's ass hair if you moonwalk at the Jefferson memorial, but breaking a law isnt the way to get it repealed. These idiots just wanted to be some kind of crusaders against "The Man". All this "demonstration" is going to do is get those officers in trouble AND THATS ABOUT IT.

Wake
06-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Wait somebody is bringing the "dick logo" thread back?

Mr Miyagi
06-03-2011, 12:11 AM

I remember that :P

Before I was pinked :(

BustedS13
06-03-2011, 01:28 AM

where'd that come from >.<
(seriously it looks like a dick, i wanted to discuss suggestive/subliminal advertising, but this is not the thread for it)

DS562
06-03-2011, 01:32 AM
yeah SunnyD.

nomoremk2
06-03-2011, 03:07 AM
There was no excessive force whatsoever. Watch the beginning of the video. How many times were they warned and still didn't leave? The guy who got slammed WAS resisting arrest. A memorial is not a public place to dance like that. As stated before they should have gotten a permit for this and they could have danced in cops faces all day long freely. I feel like there are a million better ways to celebrate Jeffersons beliefs rather than what they did here. They were acting like fools and didn't take the warning. What do you think a cop is going to do when some jackass in aviators is dancing in his face? Everything that happened could have been avoided with some common sense. You simply don't mess with police like that. They have the upper hand everytime and when it comes to their word against yours, you lose. Simply, don't put yourself in such a situation.

ESmorz
06-03-2011, 05:09 AM
There was no excessive force whatsoever. Watch the beginning of the video.

Yeah, some power hungry good 'ol boy warns you and you have to listen to him or you get choked slammed to the floor, because that's the American way.

Let's all get buzz cuts and go on power trips. Clean cut and ready for action.

nomoremk2
06-03-2011, 07:28 AM
In what way is doing your job as a police officer going on a powertrip? They needed to be removed from the memorial and weren't cooperating with the officers. You guys keep talking about power trips but as crappy as it is, they did their job.

sidewaysil80
06-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Yeah, some power hungry good 'ol boy warns you and you have to listen to him or you get choked slammed to the floor, because that's the American way.

Let's all get buzz cuts and go on power trips. Clean cut and ready for action.

whether you agree or not, the cop says to do something you do it. if you disagree, cooperate at the moment and fight it legally after the matter. what good is it to resist and argue? you are obviously not going to win...do that shit in court. thats what the judicial system is for. if your doing something wrong or not allowed and a cop tells you to do something is he supposed to sit there and argue with you? maybe keep asking you nicely over and over and over and over? cops have authority, whether you agree/disagree or like/not like regardless they do. and until that gets revoked, guess what? you have to listen and cooperate with them. if you don't then don't bitch when you get tossed around or arrested. can you realisticly/honestly tell me that you think society would function better or the country would be a better place if EVERY person shared the mentality of these people and protested/contested every law or rule they disagree with? not quietly or tactfully protested, i'm talking disturbance/aggressive methods.

but seriously, why was he power tripping? because he excercised his authority to tell some attention hungry jerk offs to stop causing a disturbance/scene at a place where he is responsible for? i'm NOT at all saying people shouldn't protest or people should ALWAYS agree with the govt. i'm saying, their is a time and a place and a way to do so that is civil and LEGAL. if you don't agree with the original ladies arrest, write a letter/protest at the court w/e. don't go to the place where it happened and do the EXACT same thing she did. its not ok to break a law or not follow rules just because you don't agree them, i can't explain how pissed it makes me when that happens.

Otto347
06-03-2011, 08:36 AM
attention hungry jerk offs

Bingo, they werent doing it because they like to dance. They were looking for a reaction.

daryl337
06-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Sideways, I see your point. To a major extent, I agree with you.

I do need to play devils advocate on the idea though.

Civil disobedience has been something occurring for a while, and many times it involved a peaceful, albiet illegal protest.

African Americans stages sit-ins, despite the businesses clear and legal authority to try to have them thrown out.

These demonstrations are important in order to get the message out.

My issue however, is that people are protesting the stupidest shit these days. Major issues like racism, or sexism are worth protesting for.

One idiot who pranced around in a street after being told not to? Not worth protesting for. Period. At the point in time that we as a society are walking around and protesting stupid shit like this, it makes me believe that we really don't have any attention being brought to real issues... or people are completely oblivious towards much bigger issues. Perhaps when the American Dollar drops in value further, and we are all scrounging for food and trying to prevent riots... maybe finally the idiots who feel the need to protest everything will finally have their hands full with dealing with real important issues (like keeping their family fed) instead of projecting some stupid ass issue which has little relevance to the way of the world in the first place.

By doing a stupid demonstration about dancing on memorials, you arent saving the world. You arent preventing world hunger. You are acting like an idiot in public. Congrats.

ESmorz
06-03-2011, 01:17 PM
My real problem is using violence against non-violent "criminals". They easily could have just escorted them outside the memorial and written them up for whatever they would write them up for and actually done the job of a peace officer. They didn't do that though, they raged. Just because someone doesn't listen to you, and because you can do what they did, doesn't mean you should. There is something inherently wrong with the fact that people think it's okay for police officers to use force against non-violent individuals.

People need to stop focusing on the dancing aspect of it, and the silliness of their reasons for the protest and realize the bigger picture. They baited these cops into doing exactly what they thought they would, because this is what police all over our country do.

Bbsalexaz
06-03-2011, 01:26 PM
What law are they in violation of???.... We will find out... I really don't see a major issue. They are not obstructing anything, unless people were complaining, in that case they would have been forced to leave, not arrested. There is no cause for an arrest there. The police are wrong there.

Darren
06-03-2011, 01:57 PM
You're starting to see this kind of thing more and more in the US, especially in the Southern states / Border states...

Personal rights are starting to be thrown out all over the place. I agree with these guys trying to stop this ignorance. If you cannot express yourself in the Memorial for the #1 Proponent of Personal Rights, then you DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHTS.... period.

These people's rights were being taken away from them, regardless of their motives. They were NOT doing anything wrong and they were accosted for it.

Anyone who thinks otherwise, don't be surprised when we have another Nazi Regime on our hands.

Otto347
06-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Anyone who thinks otherwise, don't be surprised when we have another Nazi Regime on our hands.

Give me a fucking break. I wish this did happen in Nazi Germany, they would have been executed on the spot. Game the fuck over for the retards.

blingbling
06-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Cops are douchebags, but iff you know they don't react well to insubordination, then why keep aggravating them? You don't slap a pitbull in the face thinking its not going to bite you and when it does, start bitching about how its not allowed to and unfair. Half those people looked mentally ill anyway who gives a fuck haha. Some beat ass hippies if you ask me

Matej
06-03-2011, 02:52 PM
24539058&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=0&amp;show_byline =0&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=ffffff&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;autop lay=0&amp;loop=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="360"

95KA-Turbo
06-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Is dancing around the Jefferson Memorial stupid?

Yes...I think everyone agrees on that point.

Is getting arresting for dancing at the Jefferson Memorial stupid?

I think so.

Is getting choked on the ground while having your hands up in a completely nonthreatening way ridiculous?

I think so as well.

Is not listening to police officers when they tell you politely not to do something stupid?

Yes...but if they are telling you not to do something perfectly legal they shouldn't be able to arrest you because they don't like what you're doing.

yokotas13
06-03-2011, 03:29 PM
dude has his hands up, but was still resisting. did you not see te effort it took to put his body anywhere?
they told him what to do and he didnt do it, he just kept rigid with hands up.
these guys are typical law student righteous asshats.

95KA-Turbo
06-03-2011, 04:17 PM
So which is worse? 'Resisting' an unwarranted arrest, or arresting someone for no reason? I don't see how being rigid with your hands up is resisting arrest....I also don't see why its necessary to throw someone on the ground and choke them because they're standing there with their hands up.

yokotas13
06-03-2011, 08:20 PM
i guess it is just common sense to do what a cop asks?
being a dumbass just made it worse on him. either way he was getting arrested man. Right or wrong is debatable. but either way he was getting himself in cuffs. might as well not be a dumabss and just do it and get it over with then deal with it later.

that is just my opinion, but im a law abiding citizen, so whatever

Otto347
06-03-2011, 08:29 PM
I don't see how being rigid with your hands up is resisting arrest Holy shit, are you serious? You are using your muscles to "resist" him putting your hands behind your back, its not rocket science.

Another thing, I have never been roughed up by a cop. You know why? When I get pulled over or stopped for doing something stupid its always "Yes sir, no sir" and I do exactly what the officer tells me to do. I would never think of yelling at a cop or fucking with someone while the officer is try to cuff them.

ESmorz
06-03-2011, 08:52 PM
"Yes sir, no sir" and I do exactly what the officer tells me to do.

Get in the car citizen.

http://www.montgomerynews.com/content/articles/2010/11/01/ambler_gazette/news/doc4ccf5447e41af4399565941.jpg

yokotas13
06-03-2011, 09:20 PM
thats cool, while you are arguing and digging yourslef deeper, ill be walking out cause i didnt resist, and shit was a misunderstanding.

unless you really did do something stupid

Prime
06-04-2011, 01:12 AM
I'm going to preface my statements a bit. Never been in trouble with the law, never arrested, clean driving record, very few tickets ever.

That said, Police have never been anything but an annoyance in my life. My house is broken into, I call 911, then chase the guy off. 74 hours later, the police send a tech to take prints. Nothing else. Numerous other times I've been harassed and inconvenienced by traffic cops who wanted nothing more than to try and screw me out of my hard earned money. When I see an officer forcibly grab a person and demand they go to their knees without hearing the words: "You are under arrest" I tend to side with the civilian. Especially considering I've seen people arrested for resisting arrest.

Think about that for a moment. No other charge. Not assault, disorderly conduct, murder, or rape. Resisting arrest. How can you resist being arrested when there was no reason given for you to have been arrested in the first place? That may not be entirely the case here, but shouting "This is your last warning" with your hands around a mans throat doesn't sound like Miranda rights to me.

So, I don't agree with the protest entirely, but I agree far less with the actions of the police involved.

sw20>>s14
06-04-2011, 01:37 AM
im so tired of this personal rights/infringement of freedom movement...i dont get what people are afraid of...do you really think our country will emerge as a nazi fascist regime? go to school, get some education, land a job, start a family, and live your life...

for every attention craved hipster joining this movement and trying to make a statement, there are 20 americans that are enjoying life with what they have, that NEVER have run ins with the police or the law...but this group of people are labeled "sheeople" or ignorant...and why is that? i just dont understand...

do you guys really think power hungry police are going to inhibit your success or happiness in america? there have always been power hungry figures and unjust arrests, how does that directly affect you? while cry babies in walnut creek started the open carry movement in the bay area to make a statement, my brother went and got his CCW...one group wanted media coverage and attention, another got the results/goal without a peep...

while you hipsters are getting arrested for testing the limits of law enforcement to make a statement, there are plenty of people that have absolutely no problem and enjoying the american life...stop trying to initiate this revolt against "the man"...

are there major flaws and corruption in our legal system and the authoritative figures that uphold them? fuck yeah...

are trendy flash mobs that invoke cops trying to do their job the right channel to protest this? cmon now...

bet not one of those hipsters in the vid have ever had a problem with law enforcement...why provoke and push the envelope? want to make a statement? do an aids walk, protest genocide, protest the dearth of government based education funding, protest human rights in africa and congo...

people are MORE than aware that there are power hungry corrupt cops running around...is dancing at a memorial bringing attention to that? is it battling anything? is dancing at a memorial going reopen and overturn the decision of every cop vs. citizen case? are they doing us a favor by bringing something new to the light? no, and thats the bottom line...

and while i dont agree with the cops protocol, a cops demand is a cops demand...what possible result could have happened by standing your ground and disobeying a cop? make a statement by fighting the legal battle later on...this isnt the 70s anymore...

ESmorz
06-04-2011, 01:55 AM
im so tired of this personal rights/infringement of freedom movement...i dont get what people are afraid of...do you really think our country will emerge as a nazi fascist regime? go to school, get some education, land a job, start a family, and live your life...

for every attention craved hipster joining this movement and trying to make a statement, there are 20 americans that are enjoying life with what they have, that NEVER have run ins with the police or the law...but this group of people are labeled "sheeople" or ignorant...and why is that? i just dont understand...

do you guys really think power hungry police are going to inhibit your success or happiness in america? there have always been power hungry figures and unjust arrests, how does that directly affect you?

while you hipsters are getting arrested for testing the limits of law enforcement to make a statement, there are plenty of people that have absolutely no problem and enjoying the american life...stop trying to initiate this revolt against "the man"...

are there major flaws and corruption in our legal system and the authoritative figures that uphold them? fuck yeah...

are trendy flash mobs that invoke cops trying to do their job the right channel to protest this? cmon now...

bet not one of those hipsters in the vid have ever had a problem with law enforcement...why provoke and push the envelope? want to make a statement? do an aids walk, protest genocide, protest the dearth of government based education funding, protest human rights in africa and congo...

people are MORE than aware that there are power hungry corrupt cops running around...is dancing at a memorial bringing attention to that? is it battling anything? is dancing at a memorial going reopen and overturn the decision of every cop vs. citizen case? no, and thats the bottom line...

and while i dont agree with the cops protocol, a cops demand is a cops demand...what other result could possibly happen by standing your ground and disobeying a cop?

Let me preface this with, "I honestly respect your opinion here more than most."

These are the programmed social norms, and as long as you follow them everything will be honky dory. Meanwhile, the slimy corporate politicians will continue to push through whatever they want, as long as they provide the means to supply this manufactured image of the "American Dream." As long as you have an ipod in your hand, 3.2 kids, and two cars in your garage what could possibly be going wrong with the world you live in?

The vast majority of the middle and upper class buy into those ideals and don't realize the power they have to change this country. They would rather facetime fuck each other and eat at Tony Roma's then take a good look around at what's happened to this country. People no longer believe that en masse the people have the power,and sickeningly we are taught this by our elders. We vote down the party line, and just accept the fact that the few people we have to choose from for our commander in chief are selected for us, and most of the population blindly vote for whoever we put into the Senate and the House of Representatives (in which most people don't even know the difference between the two).

/rant

Like I said, I believe their methods of protest were silly, but it shows quite clearly the problem with giving too much power/protection to those who don't deserve it. i.e the police force

Elmark
06-04-2011, 05:29 AM
fuckin PIGS haha

sidewaysil80
06-04-2011, 05:51 AM
i mean this is basically the same as every other police thread at this point lol.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080202231409/uncyclopedia/images/1/11/Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

iStayBroke
06-04-2011, 07:08 AM
This whole thing is just stupid.

They go to protest an arrest (that was held up in court) by doing the exact same thing?
How did that make sense to them? They knew the officer would ask them to leave, and they react by disrespecting him (most people know that you just don't do that).

The officer reacted poorly as well, even though it was after several warnings were given.

No matter what you say, that is resisting arrest, as it is preventing the officer from cuffing you (even if you don't want to be cuffed)

For all they know the officers could have just been escorting them away from the memorial and then un-cuffed them. They seem like the type of people that would just keep coming back until force was needed anyway.

In my opinion this is not a infringement of an personal rights, just a bunch of assholes pushing their limit and harassing officers, then crying about it when they cross the line.
Then it gets blown out of proportion and put on a fucking pedestal for no reason (comparing it to race protests or any other legitimate protest is a joke)

Stupid shit like this is why I don't watch the news anymore. You will see a celebrity sex scandal aired as breaking news and then following that a report on a tornado taking a hundred lives.

/end rant

Otto347
06-04-2011, 08:22 AM

^^^This, if you want to do something with all your free time make it worth your wild. Dont take a shit in a urinal just because you can and then fight the bouncer when he tries to throw you out of the club. (Basically same stupid scenario)

gearhead55
06-04-2011, 09:27 PM
hWiBt-pqp0E&feature=related

DS562
06-04-2011, 09:29 PM
i was waitin for it.

!Zar!
06-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Funeral Flash Mob anyone?

Trying to get it started around 9am on September 11th.

Song that will be playing - Arab money.

We are totally safe and cool to do this. FREEDOM OF SPEECH...right?

Wake
06-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Only if we do it on the steps of the state capital.

Ill be there in my american flag shirt.

I LUV MY S13
06-06-2011, 05:32 PM
They were asking for it, but its a stupid reason to arrest them.

atomicguy7
06-06-2011, 07:35 PM
This happens all too often

onehundredoctane
06-06-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm glad someone video'd it, I needed something to laugh at!!!

Best part is when the dude in the white shirt gets thrown to the ground! Then you have the guy with long hair repeating "this is America, this is America", oh to be one of the officers. . . I would've just repeated in his face "I know, I know" or "yes, and you're a jackass. . . "

Prime
06-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Funeral Flash Mob anyone?

Trying to get it started around 9am on September 11th.

Song that will be playing - Arab money.

We are totally safe and cool to do this. FREEDOM OF SPEECH...right?

You realize the Westboro Baptist Church does this at military funerals, yes? They also tend to do so without any of their members getting bodyslammed.

Of course, they're overly litigious assholes who sue people for looking at them crosseyed. But as much as I hate it, yeah. Freedom of Speech.

nomoremk2
06-06-2011, 08:54 PM
I don't understand the fuzzy line people see between freedom of speech and acting like a moron because you feel entitled to it.

Mr Miyagi
06-06-2011, 10:35 PM
I don't understand the fuzzy line people see between freedom of speech and acting like a moron because you feel entitled to it.

No law against doing what they did, and this is why this is corrupt cops in action.

/thread.

Otto347
06-07-2011, 06:57 AM
and this is why this is corrupt cops in action.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: wtf are you talking about?

!Zar!
06-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Maybe the government needs to get rid of freedom of speech.

DMiller
06-08-2011, 03:11 AM
Maybe the government needs to get rid of freedom of speech.

sounds like a great idea... *que PRC style censorship, censored media include essentially all capable of reaching a wide audience including television, print media, radio, film, theater, text messaging, instant messaging, video games, literature and the Internet*
yea... real good idea...

Walperstyle
06-08-2011, 03:24 AM
their are tons of things that aren't illegal but still frowned upon (insert jerking off on airplane reference lol). But seriously, our generation for some reason feels the need to push the envelope and essentially cause rift and uneeded drama. Is their a law against dancing silently at a memorial? No, but why the fuck would you? Someone even said it..."provoke the hot headed police into abusing their power". Well call me old fashioned, but if they didn't provoke the police this incident never would have happened!! Someone got arrested for it, they knew this but they felt the need to push the envelope and go back and do it again in protest...why?!

If a person j-walks and gets a ticket, what positive outcome is there for me to assemble 5 other people and j-walk in the same place to protest his ticket? Then bitch and hate on the cops when i'm disrespectful and get arrested for doing something that i knew was wrong, knew would result in me being arrested, and did it solely to provoke the police.

agree 100%

imotion s14
06-08-2011, 05:31 PM
dude has his hands up, but was still resisting. did you not see te effort it took to put his body anywhere?
they told him what to do and he didnt do it, he just kept rigid with hands up.
these guys are typical law student righteous asshats.

HAHAHAHA..

That's Adam Kokesh and he's no a law student.

http://www.veteransforpeace.org/files/Image/adam%20kokesh.jpg