PDA

View Full Version : knocking from SR20

Brian BK
05-25-2011, 09:54 PM
ok so i loan my car to my buddy for a month and he calls me one night saying that something happened to my car so next day i went to where he left my car (of the side of the road) had popped the hood and had him start it and found that it starts but have a very loud knocking noise and the motor was rocking alittle bit. i checked the plugs and there was some detonation and checked the oil and it was low.
Any inputs of what mite of happened???

Jdm240sx123
05-25-2011, 10:32 PM
A number of things could have happened, but it sounds like a blown/shot piston. Shut that bitch down and don't try starting it till you tear it apart unless you want a piston melted to the side of the block or something similiar. Don't forget to tell your friend thanks for blowing your motor....

fliprayzin240sx
05-26-2011, 12:51 AM
How low was the oil? If it was low enough, engine could have died of oil starvation...

Jdm240sx123
05-26-2011, 01:39 AM
Regardless your homie should of been on top of that.... Agreed???

NIZzS13
05-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Let you buddy know that your engine was destroyed in his hands and after that you have to make the call on weather or not he's going to get you a new motor or if your going to bite the bullet.

HYPNOTIK
05-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Maybe a rocker arm jumped off?

camaro379ss
05-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Your buddy should be responsible for the fix regardless because they were not being a responsible driver.

fullthrottle
05-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Now me and the mad scientist gotta rip apart the block to replace the piston rings you fried.

HYPNOTIK
05-27-2011, 04:27 AM
A number of things can happen, but it looks like a piston blow / injection. Shut that bitch down and try not to start until you tear unless you want a melted piston on the side of the block or something similar. Do not forget to tell your friend, thanks for blowing up your engine ..

Umm? Did you quote the 16 year old dude? Word for word...almost?:mepoke:

Brian BK
05-27-2011, 07:46 AM
Yeah I ended up buying a s14 with a rb swap. But now im debating if I should fix or sell it... Don't have time to work on her. But yeah there goes another motor down. I guess it was my fualt that I loan my car to a honda driver...

HYPNOTIK
05-27-2011, 07:49 AM
I guess it was my fualt that I loan my car to a honda driver...

There ya go, he over revved it.:smash:

JDS Performance
05-27-2011, 08:00 AM
ok so i loan my car to my buddy for a month and he calls me one night saying that something happened to my car so next day i went to where he left my car (of the side of the road) had popped the hood and had him start it and found that it starts but have a very loud knocking noise and the motor was rocking alittle bit. i checked the plugs and there was some detonation and checked the oil and it was low.
Any inputs of what mite of happened???

Yeah your a dumbass for letting someone borrow your car that doesnt respect it or you!

dreamin240sx
05-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Now me and the mad scientist gotta rip apart the block to replace the piston rings you fried.

hahaha am i the only one that got this lol

fufanu180
05-29-2011, 07:43 AM
hahaha am i the only one that got this lol

Fast and Furious. Right after Brian pushes eclipse too far. Haha.

CenTex240

macross
05-29-2011, 07:55 AM
I'd say most likely he spun one or more rod bearings. Sr's like doing that, so if the oil was low that probably exacerbated the problem even more. Why did you loan him the car? Clearly you had something else to drive, so why give him the 240 with an engine swap? Did you tell him to check the oil every few days, and was he familiar enough with cars in general to spot a small issue before it turned into a bigger problem? If not, then it's hard to say what to do. If so, then he should man up and pay for the damages.

Brian BK
05-29-2011, 08:47 AM
yeah found out it was a spun bearing.... ya i loan it to him being that good friend and this is how he repaid me... its ok though cause i ended up buy a s14 with a rb swap. so know im just going to end up parting it out and try to make some extra cash.

fliprayzin240sx
05-30-2011, 11:14 AM
If its an S14 chassis...send me a PM...

nissansrdub
06-04-2011, 12:51 AM

HAHAHAHAHA... sorry im high. so laugh out loud.....

nissansrdub
06-04-2011, 12:56 AM
A number of things can happen, but it looks like a piston blow / injection. Shut that bitch down and try not to start until you tear unless you want a melted piston on the side of the block or something similar. Do not forget to tell your friend, thanks for blowing up your engine ..

Umm? Did you quote the 16 year old dude? Word for word...almost?:mepoke:

EVEN FUNNIER!!! i dont think funnier is a word. MORE FUNNY!!! lol