PDA

View Full Version : washer resivor to coolant resivor?

nissansrdub
05-24-2011, 11:14 PM
i want my coolant resivor to be taken off and turn my windshield washer resivor to become my coolant one. do you think i would have problems. its not like they are pressurized. i would just add a nipple for the hose and plug up the motor holes at the bottom of the washer fluid resivor. any input??? thanks

future
05-25-2011, 12:06 AM
Won't work, how is the fluid supposed to go back into the rad?

Hashiriya415
05-25-2011, 12:11 AM
of course it will work. Its no problem, your coolant system is sealed which means once you start cooling down it will start getting sucked back in.

future
05-25-2011, 12:14 AM
Yeah it will go against gravisty and fill up your rad

fliprayzin240sx
05-25-2011, 12:29 AM
Yeah it will go against gravisty and fill up your rad

Its not gravity dumbass...its suction. The same way you suck your cock with a straw, your jizz goes against gravity doesnt it?

future
05-25-2011, 12:35 AM
God you guys are idiots, all you too go do this to your car and let me know how it goes

fliprayzin240sx
05-25-2011, 12:38 AM
You can mod the damn thing where you can run a damn hose to the bottom of the box. If you're too dumb to figure that out, stick the hose down the upper tube and make sure it touch bottom. It'll do the same damn thing.

Hashiriya415
05-25-2011, 01:11 AM
Wow 18 yo wants to argue. I think Zilvia should require 21 years of age at least. And create a kidizilvia.net for anyone under that wants to make their own laws of physics.
Let me give you a quick lesson kid. Water acts like a chain with the water molecules pulling on each other via hydrogen bonds. As the water in the engine and radiator cool off they contract and start pulling water from over flow.
Another way we can teach you is by having a hose in a toilet and the other end in your mouth, fliprayzin will then punch the air out of your lungs and when you try to breath in, you will be sucking up liquid from the toilet, working against gravity.

Wookie384
05-25-2011, 02:39 AM
Wow 18 yo wants to argue. I think Zilvia should require 21 years of age at least. And create a kidizilvia.net for anyone under that wants to make their own laws of physics.
Let me give you a quick lesson kid. Water acts like a chain with the water molecules pulling on each other via hydrogen bonds. As the water in the engine and radiator cool off they contract and start pulling water from over flow.
Another way we can teach you is by having a hose in a toilet and the other end in your mouth, fliprayzin will then punch the air out of your lungs and when you try to breath in, you will be sucking up liquid from the toilet, working against gravity.

I'm not one to sidebust but this is the best fucking response EVAR!!! lawlz!

fliprayzin240sx
05-25-2011, 02:48 AM
I wont even fucking comment anymore but here's something to read to enlighten the young-uns a bit.
HowStuffWorks "How Car Cooling Systems Work" (http://auto.howstuffworks.com/cooling-system7.htm)

ymisoqt
05-25-2011, 07:35 AM
Why don't you just go to the auto parts store and buy one of their $6 coolant reservoirs? Hang it between the bumper and rad and take your washer reservoir out to declutter your bay since you obviously don't plan on using it anyways. Seems to be a more logical option considering you are just asking for coolant leaks by ghetto fabbing the washer reservoir.

~Jen

two40guy
05-25-2011, 07:57 AM
that not fair, im only turning 19 and i thought this was an interesting idea, i think the douche younger people that just automatically shit on everything should be taken to the "kidzilvia" but back to the thread i think this would be a cool thing to see it could hold more fluid than a regular overflow so lazy people wouldnt have to check as much :p

ymisoqt
05-25-2011, 08:03 AM
If you are too lazy to check your coolant levels, then you shouldn't own a car.

If you keep up with maintenance on your cooling system, you don't need a larger reservoir because you were too lazy to take care of your car.

~Jen

two40guy
05-25-2011, 08:09 AM
im not saying i would do it, but hey you know the type of person is out there.. i know some real lazy ass people. but seeing as how my 240 which is my drift car and daily, i know quite a bit about maintenance. so i personally wouldnt go with this route of cooling but hey to each his own

camaro379ss
05-25-2011, 04:44 PM
+1 for saying it will work....And i have a degree for this shit and ase certified. SUCTION....NOT GRAVITY

s13 @ fullboost
05-25-2011, 04:56 PM
the pressure in the cooling system creates vacuum when temp starts to drop

nissansrdub
05-25-2011, 06:45 PM
i did get a coolant resivor from autozone. i might go back and get it. i just dont like the way it bolts on. doesnt seem to secure

n8RPS13
05-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Why would a so called "lazy person" even bother going to all the trouble to MOD this if they are lazy in the first place...Im just sayin

nismoracingsx
05-26-2011, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't wanna use the washer reservoir, but nice idea for moving the coolant reservoir into the washer's spot...might try it out this weekend..

ymisoqt
05-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Why would a so called "lazy person" even bother going to all the trouble to MOD this if they are lazy in the first place...Im just sayin

Good point :rofl:

nissansrdub
05-26-2011, 05:57 PM
i am just going for a clean empty engine bay look. i moved the p/s resivor to behind the driver headlight too

camaro379ss
05-26-2011, 07:39 PM
i am just going for a clean empty engine bay look. i moved the p/s resivor to behind the driver headlight too

interesting....

nissansrdub
05-26-2011, 10:21 PM
yea i just used the stock charcoal canister and the same place it bolted up to

jontron5000
05-26-2011, 10:38 PM
yea i just used the stock charcoal canister and the same place it bolted up to

you're using the charcoal canister as a PS reservoir now?

You're just full of ideas!

nissansrdub
05-27-2011, 04:01 PM
you're using the charcoal canister as a PS reservoir now?

You're just full of ideas!

noooooooooooo.....just the bracket!!! lol

naw_speed
05-27-2011, 04:31 PM
all i can say is.......wow......

Hashiriya415
05-28-2011, 01:11 AM
Try this. Get one of those big signs from the freeway over pass that shows exits and stuff. Cut it out as big as the hood, then cut out a center section for the valve cover and dipstick. Now you have instantly hidden everything out of the way. Such a clean engine bay does anyone agree? I got a sign the other day cuz I had to close a hole in my backyard, those things are strong lightweight aluminum

nissansrdub
06-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Try this. Get one of those big signs from the freeway over pass that shows exits and stuff. Cut it out as big as the hood, then cut out a center section for the valve cover and dipstick. Now you have instantly hidden everything out of the way. Such a clean engine bay does anyone agree? I got a sign the other day cuz I had to close a hole in my backyard, those things are strong lightweight aluminum

that would be cool for a skid plate.