PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the best quality tire?

Shanesmyname
05-24-2011, 10:21 AM
I've always wondered which company produces the highest quality tire. What do you guys think?

srstan
05-24-2011, 10:28 AM
it depends on what your using it for. drifting, drag, auto X, street driving, etc...

HYPNOTIK
05-24-2011, 10:40 AM
I think all the major companies make good tires or they would't be in business. Some are better than others in certain aspects.

Shanesmyname
05-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Well I suppose in the aspect of making a good grip tire for like road racing or auto-x.

G240
05-24-2011, 10:53 AM
You should check out Tire Rack as they do a lot of testing of tires.

e1_griego
05-24-2011, 11:48 AM
What kind of dumb question is this.....?

What determines quality? Longevity? Treadwear? Compound? Some weird mix of all three?

Tires like the Hoosier a6 aren't really road-legal, but they're excellent.

If you REALLY want to find the best street tires, look at what the Street Tire classes are running in autocross (Hankook RS-3, Dunlop Star Spec Z1, Nitto NT-05, etc)

azndoc
05-24-2011, 11:55 AM
In my personal experience with tires and also selling tires I would say Yokohama, Bridgestone, Hankook, Goodyear, Continental, and Michelin of course.

But it's like asking who makes the best T-shirts.

My favorite is Yokohama and Hankook.

!Zar!
05-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Supreme, Original Fake, Comme des Garçons.

godrifttoday
05-24-2011, 02:51 PM
In my personal experience with tires and also selling tires I would say Yokohama, Bridgestone, Hankook, Goodyear, Continental, and Michelin of course.

My favorite is Yokohama and Hankook.

Advertising.... To the max! Lol

BoostSlideWayz
05-24-2011, 03:24 PM
I like Falken, truely .. its personal preference. I don't really see it as one company being better than the other .... just what ever company you like IMO. For drifting .. i honestly dont see the point in getting bran new name brand stuff. I recently met a tire shop owner who supports me for like used tires for free because its actually cheaper for him to get rid of them that way. So if you drifting.... just get used tires for cheap and not worry about it. Other wise... i would at least spend my money on name bran stuff...

Falken
Hankook
Toyo
etc

or get these

-_8BsPxNvPM

SlideOrDie831
05-24-2011, 03:36 PM
people don't "search" around.

azndoc
05-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Supreme, Original Fake, Comme des Garçons.

You Hypebeast ass mofo

!Zar!
05-24-2011, 05:51 PM
For drifting .. i honestly dont see the point in getting bran new name brand stuff.

Maybe at your current skillset running on trash tires might work best, but once you progress, you will want sticker tires so that your car will be able to drift faster, as well as predictably.

One thing to think about is that a lot of people don't factor in how much they are saving running used tires vs the amount they are spending on mount/dismount.

BoostSlideWayz
05-24-2011, 07:42 PM
yeah but buying new tires for drifting imo would be soooooo expensive and far out of my budget i wouldnt even be able to drift or anything with out free tires. I dont pay for mounting because my local mechanic lets me use his tire mounting machine. I mean it would be nice to be able to afford new tires or even have a sponsor for tires.. but other wise on a budget point of view used free tires in a drifters eyes IMO would be the best thing ever.

redline racer510
05-24-2011, 09:59 PM
my pops has michelin ps2's on his e55 and they are freaking amazing. they are extremely grippy and do just as good in the rain