PDA

View Full Version : Strange transmission noise... Vid inside

Taylor008
05-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Full of fresh mt-90 fluid. New TOB and Pilot Bushing. New clutch. New Pressure plate. New flywheel with bolts torqued correctly.

While idling (neutral), CLUTCH IN, No noise.
While idling (neutral), CLUTCH ENGAGED, I get this rattling... Hard to describe noise.. Like when you would put a playing card by the spokes on your bike wheel when you were a child. No, it's not my timing chain tensioner.

When in gear, any gear, it will make this noise. The noise get's louder and faster as the RPM's increase.

Coasting in ANY gear, with the clutch disengaged, the engine goes to idle and the noise is very loud but get's more faint as the RPM's decrease. If I take it out of gear, into neutral, when I'm still coasting, noise will cease.

I'm going to replace the entire transmission, pilot, tob, clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, but I'm still curious as to what you guys think this noise is. Bad shaft bearings in the transmission? Maybe pilot bushing?

At 0:12 I disengage clutch with the car in gear.
At 0:19 Still holding the clutch in, I take the car out of gear.
At 0:22 I release the clutch with the car still in neutral.

Weird, eh?
Thanks.

UjygQ-zZp08

Razi
05-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Perhaps the driveshaft carrier bearing?

Taylor008
05-19-2011, 03:36 PM
No. If I try to put it back in gear after I neutral coast, the sound will speed up to match the rpm/speed if that makes sense