PDA

View Full Version : 180sx Tail light Lower Panel?

Rockogtr
05-13-2011, 09:37 AM
So i bought a set of tails off the forum a little while ago and will be installing them in a week or two when i get some time.. They came with the lower metal panel but it looks like it was the factory panel off the kids car but im not sure i havnt got a chance to take a good look at it my car is still in storage. will the factory panel still work with the lights or will i need to order the kouki panel? ive searched but with no luck

Sileighty_85
05-13-2011, 09:39 AM
the chukis and Zenkis will work but they will be recessed more, due to the Kouki lights being thicker. they look the same though minus thickness

Rockogtr
05-13-2011, 09:47 AM
so can you shim the panel out so it would be flush?

KrazyS13
05-13-2011, 09:48 AM
I've got the oem type x panel but until I paint my car I'm using the oem 240sx panel. I just twisted the sides downward(essentially moving the inner section outward) slightly and it made a considerable difference in the fit. No one has been able to even notice it's not the correct panel.

With that said, it's not perfect by any means and I find it to be a good temporary solution. The type x panel fits perfect and that's how it should be done. I would never recommend this to be a permanent option.