PDA

View Full Version : No oil pressure w/SR swap

TBreu007
10-16-2003, 08:19 PM
Took off oil pan and it looks fine, the pickup looks fine, primed the pump by taking off the turbo exit line from the turbo and added oil.

I have an S14 motor with a remote filter adapter. The pressure sender is just after the filter before the oil goes back into the block. I had an electrical gauge, but switched to a mechanical and had the same result.

I will use a power bleeder for brakes tomorrow to manually add 30lbs or so of pressure to the oil system and see if that works.

Any suggestions? I have a hard time believing an oil pump is shot because those things last forever, but is there something I am missing?

Thanks

old_s13
10-18-2003, 12:31 PM
sounds like your oil pump is shot...

...and i say this because they DONT last forever.

TBreu007
10-19-2003, 12:46 AM
Oil pump is fine, oil pressure is fine now. I had to prime it from the oil filter. I pulled the lines up high and filled them with oil. Oil pressure popped within 3 seconds of the engine firing.

old_s13
10-19-2003, 11:09 AM
anytime you do a motor swap, you are supposed to prime the motor. just fill it with oil and then crank the motor manually for a while, thats sufficient in moving the fluids throughout the system.

TBreu007
10-19-2003, 09:40 PM
I'm very aware of that. I spun the motor enough times to kill most batteries, but was still not getting oil pressure. This was just a very stubborned prime, and needed to be filled from the filter area...must have had trapped air there or something.