PDA

View Full Version : Bad MAF? sr20det silvia.

SilviaT
05-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Redtop sr20det. T28 turbo, greddy bov, 440cc injectors, headers, intake, coils, straight turbo back with cat delete.
I currently have a bad ECU and my wiring harness was chopped together. bought the car with all mods already done and ran fine until my ecu shorted out because of how bad my wires were. And because of that i have been having to use starting fluid to start the car when its cold. After its been running for a few minutes it can start on its own without hesitation. After about 45 mins and +, the car will then take a minute to start after turning over and wanting to fire up slowly. if any longer, i have to use starting fluid. Im about to have a fresh ka/sr wiring harness installed, power FC chip, and tuned then dyno'd this upcoming week.
soo.. i was driving the other night just fine, and all the sudden it started to cut out at around 3k. Bogging hard and not getting much boost. In nuetral it wouldnt even rev much past 3k. Drove home and had to pop the clutch in 2nd gear getting into my driveway cause it was barely getting gas. Just had a recent oil change at jiffy lube with mobile1 10/30wt. Use to run royal purple idk what wt. Could be my computer getting worse, and or bad MAF? plugs? i would reeeeaaally appreciate any advice

DinoMan
05-06-2011, 09:49 PM
could be the maf if it doesnt even rev past 3k. but as for the starting part im just as clueless.

boobs13
05-08-2011, 01:18 AM
Replace your maf and do a tune up.

jvega
05-08-2011, 03:11 PM
could be you need new coilovers... What kind are they right now? and where do you live? and what is your address? whats your work schedule? do you have any dogs or anything like that at your house?? jk bro hahaha

Q.Smooth127
05-08-2011, 06:37 PM
check your maf and fuses. Its the large grey one if i recall in the engine bay that controls the starting.
But other then that, get the power fc asap and a tune and everything should be good to go, cause the tuner will take care of everything while he is getting the power fc tuned.

SilviaT
05-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Well i let the car sit for a couple days as i wait for the shop to let me in to do my new harness, ecu and tune. I went out and started it (with starting fluid... because it still doesnt like to cold start) and it had no problem reving past even 5k. Turbo was active and everything sounded healthy. Wtf?