PDA

View Full Version : Radio Antennae HELP PLOX

wuddup
05-04-2011, 04:40 PM
So I installed an aftermarket stereo deck (all the correct wires are connected), and when I turn on my car (1992 s13), the radio antennae on the outside doesn't pop up anymore like it did right before I took out the stock deck. Any help with explaining why please? Oh and I do have the radio/antennae adapter for Nissan plugged in as well, so i dunno what's up.

Thanks.

nautical miles
05-04-2011, 11:20 PM
did you splice the wires from the radio to the vehicle harness yourself or use a conversion harness from metra or the like? if so.... was the power ant. wire hooked up correctly?

wuddup
05-05-2011, 06:35 PM
i used the conversion harness from metra. and i believe the power ant wire was hooked up properly. I hooked up all the same colored wires to the opposing same colored wires, (i've done this before, except my last car didn't have an antennae). hmm. still any suggestions on what's the problem?

wuddup
05-05-2011, 06:37 PM
oh one thing to add, the radio jack cord adapter for nissan is plugged in correctly, and radio works, but only on certain stations since the antennae isn't up. but thing to add is that there is an extra little thing hanging off of the adapter, like something would plug into it, but not sure what would, because nothing fits in there. anyways hope this helps with helping myself lol.

thanks again