PDA

View Full Version : S13 Sound System Help

wuddup
05-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Hey, i'm a newly owner of an S13 =]. Currently newb and need help correctly installing speakers. I don't want to fuck anything up and do it correctly the first time, and don't want to break anything. My car is in mint condition, 1992 hatchback. (Deciding to just replace all the stock 4x6 speakers with 4x6 for easy install, any recommended brands?)

Anyways I need any advice/help in removing the door panel. I know there is a screw inside the electric window but other than that I'm lost, I'm not sure if I should pull it all the way out or what to do next.

Also the rear speakers, I'm having trouble figuring out how to take them out, the gap is hella small my screwdriver can't fit in to take it out or install new ones, what do?

Lastly, how do I remove the housing light right directly above the dash? A light went out and need replacing, but I'm not sure if it's ok to just pull it out since there aren't any screws on that thing.

THANKS SO MUCH for taking the time to read and help. Budding 240 enthusiast, still noob as shit, just need to get around my car and such and don't want to break anything.

Nizzan4u2nv
05-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Search 240sx speaker adapters on ebay. They will allow you to drop in 6.5in speakers.

wuddup
05-02-2011, 11:35 PM
thanks, but any help with my other problems listed above? i need to be able to remove my stock speakers first, and i dunno how to remove the door panel and how did you remove the rears? the gap is hella small for a screwdriver to fit

kornaz
05-02-2011, 11:47 PM
As for door panels, there's screws on the bottom (I believe 4 or so) and 2 on the lower sides of the panel. Then, You just lift it up and it comes off. Examine it and find it out Yourself - it's really easy.

Nizzan4u2nv
05-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Pry off the plastic around the handle. Remove all screws around the edge of the door panel. Remove screw holding the window switch assembly. Unplug and remove switch assembly. Pop off all plastic clips and pull up at the bottom of the panel. Don't know about the back, never worked on a hatch but I'm guessing it's easier then the front.

wuddup
05-02-2011, 11:53 PM
thanks, ill try that out. yeah the back is easy, it just pops off, the problem I am having is removing the speaker itself from the mount since the gap from the ceiling of the car and the screw is so small (its a hatch), wondering what people did to get this out.

chrisjakcj
07-31-2011, 09:26 PM
Does any one know how to hook up and equalizer on a fastback?