PDA

View Full Version : Tension Rod/ Tie Rod

willcheung
10-14-2003, 08:01 PM
Last week, I had installed my kyb agx with eibach prokit on my 95 240sx. nextday I bring it to a alignment shop for alignment. They told me they can't do a alignment on my car because my passenger side tie rod is bad; Therefore, i took it back and going to replace the tie rod my self. Question is, is it ok to replace only one side since only one side is bad, or I have replace both side (Kinda like replacing brake pad) also, do i have to replace the tie rod end too? Also I found out my Tension rod bushing are bad. if i replace it later (after the aligment), do i have to get the car align again? give me some suggestion.

mbmbmb23
10-14-2003, 10:03 PM
You should be okay replacing just one.

russian
10-14-2003, 11:13 PM
yes, get bushings first than alignment.

240Stilo
10-15-2003, 01:21 AM
Both of mine are getting replaced on my 95 w/138k miles. I would just replace them both while you're at it since the other one might go soon enough as well. I also have to replace the boot hooked up to the tie rod since it decided to tear in two. :bash:

Don't forget to count threads when replacing the tie rod end.

adey
10-15-2003, 04:59 AM
don't worry too much about counting threads if you're about to get an alignment; they'll fix that all up for you. Just eye it for the trip to the alignment shop.

willcheung
10-15-2003, 08:03 PM
I had decided, I will replace both side tie rod and tie rod end, lower balljoints, and the tension rod bushing.

Thank you for all you guys suggestion :bowdown: