PDA

View Full Version : s13 temp gauage

lilaznjeff
10-14-2003, 03:59 AM
i have a sr20det
on a 89 chassis
i just finished doing the swap recently
and i just change my gauage in the the 91-93 gauage cluster
and i realize that the temp gauage is not working but when it was on my friends car i know it was working find
and lately i just swap a new radiator
i got the koyo radiator
and when i try to blead the coolant
there is no hot air inside the car
can it be my waterpump !!!!!!!!!

TheTicTac
10-14-2003, 05:34 AM
Who did your wiring? check the dash wiring it could be not attached. Also it would have been a good Idea to change your waterpump, these are used engines can that pump is very important. You should also go through the basic check ups since you're having problems with your SR.

rednerd
10-14-2003, 08:09 AM
Okay, first thing is to change the thermostat. I believe this is the same as the early 90's sentra se-r, but don't quote me on that. More than likely, the thermostat is stuck open. (Provided you bled the system properly.) This could also account for your temp gauge not working, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Next, check the small, one wire sensor on the front of the intake manifold, to the right of the throttle body. Make sure you are getting resistance across it when your have the engine warmed up, and make sure that the wiring harnes in that area is plugged in properly. Next make sure your wiring is okay inside the car - the small (white?) plug coming off the ecu harness.