PDA

View Full Version : Please Help, Clutch Problem

kermit80
10-13-2003, 04:27 AM
I really am in dire need for help.
My clutch pedal was getting soft within the last couple of days. It wouldn't go into gear. If i kept pumping, after awhile it would get better. I finally looked at the clutch fluid Saturday night and found no oil. Saturday night though i ran over to Checkers (the guys are ****ing stupid) i ask for clutch fluid, and they sold me gear oil for the differential. My friend said i needed DOT3 Brake oil. I also confirmed that.

We bled the brakes and it's getting pressure here and there but eventually it losses strength. Any ideas? Did i screw up things worse by putting in some 80W 90 gear oil? PLEASE HELP....*smiles* gotta get my 240 back on the road.

mrmephistopheles
10-13-2003, 08:55 AM
why would you bleed the brakes when you need to be bleeding the clutch?
Anyway, you can try flushing your system and using brake fluid, but it's very possible you've blown some seals by using such a heavy weight fluid.

kermit80
10-13-2003, 10:46 AM
my bad...we were bleeding the clutch not the brakes. I was posting the original message really late and just was out of it for the day.

curbhuggerrps13
10-13-2003, 11:31 AM
oh yesterday my clutch sank in and sucked..so what i did was i took the booster located in the engine compartment located near the brake booster and replaced it...so my clutch was then after bled and now its better than ever...the part is expensive though but im sure u can come up with the cash. its the small white miniture tube with a black top and has a silver l shaped body with one tiny hose connectin the the hicas...or whatever part if u dont have hicas pump. simply pushin it and seeing if the fluid comes out wont tell u taht its busted till its in...good luck cuz my clutch and tranny problems are done over for now.

kermit80
10-13-2003, 07:17 PM
I have drained the thick liquid with a couple small bottles of brake fluid. The hydralic system and it's liquid is totally separate with the actual clutch. So it wouldn't get inside my clutch making it all slippery or anything right?

kermit80
10-13-2003, 07:21 PM
I found fluid leaking from underneath on the passenger side. There is this rod that has a end that looks like a square shape. The rod pulls out and goes in about 3 inches or so. I noticed there is fluid leaking there. This rod is coming out on the side of the tranny. You know what part that is??