PDA

View Full Version : replacing oil pan gasket on s14 ka engine

fortheloveofdrifting_2010
04-20-2011, 10:32 PM
hi iam just curious if u have and pic thread on the step by step removal of oil pan so i can change my gasket...would realy apreciate it thanks

Davidna2fi
04-20-2011, 10:41 PM
Not really since most people remove the engine or lift it up a lot. Depends on how quickly you want it done. Usually if the oil pan gasket has leaked a lot, it's best to remove the oily grimey engine crossmember and support the engine with a beam across the shock towers, clean the crossmember, replace the oil soaked steering rack bushings and lower control arm bushings, and reinstall with all clean parts! :) but it's up to you.

04-20-2011, 10:52 PM
so u have any links on how to remove the bottom cuz if u do it would realy help man thanks

pndjones
04-20-2011, 10:55 PM
I don't have any pictures but I used a 4x4 piece of wood and chain I had laying around to hold the engine in place. I placed the 4x4 piece of wood across my car from strut tower to strut tower. then wrapped a chain around the intake manifold and the 4x4 then proceeded to unbolt the motor mounts and then drop the cross member. I didn't have to remove the steering rack of anything. Also I used the Nissan RTV to reseal my pan. Its good stuff I keep a tube of that stuff around. To reinstall the subframe I would recommend using a tranny jack or ATV/Motorcycle jack if you have one but a regular one would work too. Its a little ghetto way of doing it but it worked without any problems so I figured I would throw it out there.

04-20-2011, 11:02 PM
It would realy help if thers pics but i get wat ur saying on the 4x4 though anyone out there with pics lets go or i will do it ghetto style hehehe....

justin_240
04-20-2011, 11:38 PM
hey i sed ill help you lmk wen

IceMochaBowl
06-28-2013, 01:55 PM
hey, so i'm replacing my gasket right now too. I am wondering if your motor swung around at all once you dropped the crossmember. I have my transmission out right now, so i feel like without the extra support of the transmission being in there mine would swing around a bunch and possibly damage other parts.
any help would help... haha