PDA

View Full Version : NYPD cops being ridiculous. again.

gearhead55
04-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Just watch this and explain to me how the cops are in the right for arresting this guy...

Vx83NmhtDGo

180sxdrifter
04-18-2011, 05:35 PM
goto meet their quotas

im not suprise

negrosx13
04-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Wows,that's happens when talk sh*t to pigs. They got the upper hand

gearhead55
04-18-2011, 06:03 PM
True, but he wasn't even talking shit to the cops. The guy on the bike that he was talking shit (just messing with really) was being pulled over for riding his bike on the sidewalk.

soreballz
04-18-2011, 06:31 PM
And he'll probably be charged with obstruction and resisting arrest. Sucks to be him.

sw20>>s14
04-18-2011, 09:22 PM
there was absolutely no reason for the cop to initiate anything with a loudmouth bystander, but it doesnt take an idiot to know thats exactly how you DO NOT talk to a cop...dial back some of the aggression and he could have walked away without the bracelets...arent there legalities with taping police officers?

S14DB
04-18-2011, 09:47 PM
arent there legalities with taping police officers?

Only when there is the assumption of privacy in some states. Public, not so much.

zac 3ne2nr
04-18-2011, 10:08 PM
My blood pressure just went up watching this. When 4 cops surround you, what do you do, scream for help? I can't believe what went down. Did the black cop need to prove a point of something? I will never understand what drives these fools.

deolio
04-18-2011, 10:10 PM
that guy shouldn't have talked that way to the cop, but i probably would have acted the same way. there was absolutely no reason for the cop to go after that guy. just seems like he was abusing his power.

BustedS13
04-19-2011, 03:22 AM
if those guys were all wearing motorcycle helmets with mirrored visors, it'd be picture perfect dystopian fantasy

Wake
04-19-2011, 03:29 AM
violation of first amendment rights.
false imprisonment.
racial profiling.
I dont give a fuck if its a black cop or not. The only color cops see is blue.

Unfortunately that is a Utopian fantasy to more and more people these days it seems like.

karl wasabi
04-19-2011, 03:52 AM
New York City cops, they ain't too smart.

nyc240sx
04-19-2011, 07:05 AM
they got nothing else better to do these days then to chase bikes i know people in queens, ny that always get pulled over on bicycles cops just look for any moving thing in the road these days to pull over wait till i get on my bike again i just wont stop i want them to kick me off my bike so i can press charges i am waiting for that moment to get my multimillion dollar lawsuit so i can buy myself a gtr

aziankingz
04-19-2011, 08:48 AM
^ ill join the NYPD, find you, kick you off your bike, and we can share the settlements lol

Darren
04-19-2011, 08:52 AM
that guy shouldn't have talked that way to the cop, but i probably would have acted the same way. there was absolutely no reason for the cop to go after that guy. just seems like he was abusing his power.

This is 100% WRONG. There is a little something called freedom of speech in North America. You can talk to ANYONE, including COPS anyway you like, as long as you are not acting in a threatening manner.

Cops have no right to round up people who are simply talking to someone randomly. They maybe should tell him to be quiet or whatever, but to arrest him is just helping feed the bitterness between the Police and Citizens.

sidewaysil80
04-19-2011, 09:40 AM
literally every person in this thread is so jaded it's not even funny. a cop is doing his job (whether we agree with it or not) and writing a ticket...and someone starts heckling and talking shit and yelling at them (after they told him to stfu and leave). what do you think would/should happen? why is it ok in your guys eyes to talk shit and heckle cops? the guy made it worse/brought it on himself. what do you think is going to happen when you refuse to cooperate with a cop AND INTERFERE with them while they're working.

it just goes to show you how fucked society is considering everyone is agreeing with this asshole for not only harassing cops while they're working but then say the cops are abusing their power for arresting him as a result.

oh and an fyi...it's not "freedom of speech" when it interferes with police investigations LOL...it then becomes obstruction of justice. i'd love to see him try and fight that.

judge: where you yelling and harassing the cops during their traffic stop?
plantiff: yes
judge: was it to the point where the police had to stop their traffic stop and pursue you because you were getting louder and becoming more and more of a distraction?
judge: is that not obstruction of justice?
judge: while you were under arrest did you struggle and not cooperate with the police?
judge: is that not resisting arrest?

singlecamslam
04-19-2011, 09:46 AM
^ this guy makes sense

zac 3ne2nr
04-19-2011, 09:47 AM
You made a good point but it's the right of the guy to say what's on his mind. He wasn't being verbally abusive or saying derogatory thigns to the cops. I just think the cop should've told the guy to pipe down or let him know what the other option was.
I do think people should respect cops, earned it or not they have a job to do.

sidewaysil80
04-19-2011, 09:52 AM
You made a good point but it's the right of the guy to say what's on his mind. He wasn't being verbally abusive or saying derogatory thigns to the cops. I just think the cop should've told the guy to pipe down or let him know what the other option was.
I do think people should respect cops, earned it or not they have a job to do.

yes it his right UNTIL it gets to the point that it becomes a distraction to the cops who are trying to question someone else. you can hear them telling him to stfu and go away...but he didn't. he chose to sit there and keep pushing the envelope. ultimately it became such a problem/interferrence they had to stop and detain him. even then, he chose to be beligerent and refuse to cooperate. but yet the "fuking pigz is wrong for abuzing their powers and being stoopid pigz"

LOL @ racial profiling btw. why just because the loudest and most obnoxious bystander was black? or you mean the one that wasn't just making comments but yelling over the cops and at them? people like you are the reasons their is still racial tensions in this country. looking for any incident/excuse to try and play the race card.

BOROSUN
04-19-2011, 10:51 AM
^ arent you always for pro-popo?

lol he was trying to walk away. he should have just ran.

anyways,
you can be picking your nose and could be counted as resisting arrest.

you could have been dancing near then but not directly at them and it would have been obstruction of justice.

that was good powertrippin vid.

sidewaysil80
04-19-2011, 11:02 AM
^ arent you always for pro-popo?

for the most part yes. if its something were a police officer is blatantly wrong or unjustified i'll be the first one to call them for it. but the majority of the members on this forum tend to crucify them and attack them (cops) without any logic and it's honestly just very ignorant. it's easy to dissect a video and call cops out...but it's not so simple when you introduce cause and effect and understand the laws and what it takes to do that job day in and day out.

case and point this video. what positive effect can antagonizing and heckling police officers have? what did it accomplish? the guy who got pinched brought this entire thing on himself by breaking rules and being beligerent...but as soon as he is arrested (lets ignore the fact they tried to reason with him first) it's automatically the pigs fault and they were abusing their power.

BOROSUN
04-19-2011, 11:07 AM
they could have let that guy go and just give him a stern warning. but, nope. the cop got in his face and proceed to harass the guy. the guy obviously wanted to leave.

powertrippin

did you just ninja edit?

sidewaysil80
04-19-2011, 11:15 AM
did you just ninja edit?
if you mean re-organized your thoughts...yes (i tend to post and then re-read it and change it a bunch lol). I didn't do it to remove or hide anything.

they could have let that guy go and just give him a stern warning. but, nope. the cop got in his face and proceed to harass the guy. the guy obviously wanted to leave.
powertrippin
why should have to even waste their time giving him a stern warning? where is it written that he should get a break for doing something so idiotic and disrespectful? why do people have to do stupid shit like that in the first place? again i ask, what was the point of him doing what he did? the whole reason i'm "pro popo" is because people have no problem condeming cops for their actions but why is the blame NEVER placed on the individuals who create the incidents in the first place?

they told him to leave he stayed, finally when they proceeded to close in on him and ask for i.d. he continued to argue and resist, at one point he even begins to let the cop grab his i.d. and then pull it away real quick as if it were a game. thats when they put him under arrest. and no shit he wanted to leave...he had no problem being a smartass and wasting their time...but eventually when they got serious and he knew he fucked up ...THEN he wanted to be the innocent victum and try to leave.

BOROSUN
04-19-2011, 11:29 AM
for the most part yes. if its something were a police officer is blatantly wrong or unjustified i'll be the first one to call them for it. but the majority of the members on this forum tend to crucify them and attack them (cops) without any logic and it's honestly just very ignorant. it's easy to dissect a video and call cops out...but it's not so simple when you introduce cause and effect and understand the laws and what it takes to do that job day in and day out.

case and point this video. what positive effect can antagonizing and heckling police officers have? what did it accomplish? the guy who got pinched brought this entire thing on himself by breaking rules and being beligerent...but as soon as he is arrested (lets ignore the fact they tried to reason with him first) it's automatically the pigs fault and they were abusing their power.

guy, you're taking it out of context. he was talking to the guy on the bike and he was approached and asked for a id? the guy was about to leave when he was approached and asked for id.
the guy was just joking with the guy on the bike.

if you're a cop you should know ppl. you should know some just talk loud and obnoxious. ex. my inlaws they sound like they are screaming at each other while having a conversation.

straight powertrippin.

Darren
04-19-2011, 11:30 AM
damn... what'd i say lol

Anyway, everybody has to deal with distractions, cops included. Unless he is causing someone harm, or being disorderly... as in trashing public property.... the cop really shouldn't have done anything in this case.

The cop clearly went out of his way to go over to the guy.

I'm all for cops having respect and power... but when you can't even stand on a street corner and heckle someone, this might as well be North Korea.

By the way, i'm in Canada, and we have much the same thing around here. For the record, i wouldn't do what he did, i'm just saying that it should be within his rights to complain about the way the authorities are acting. PERIOD. If you cannot do that, it's not a free society anymore, and we should start a revolt.

BOROSUN
04-19-2011, 11:34 AM
^ yes... i agree

except for the revolt.

sidewaysil80
04-19-2011, 11:43 AM
but when you can't even stand on a street corner and heckle someone, this might as well be North Korea.

this statement scares me...you really expect/believe/think it should be alright to "heckle" the uniformed police or authorities? if he was SOOOO bothered by their actions he should have waited till they were done and respectfully discussed it, or filed a complaint. bottom line.

guy, you're taking it out of context. he was talking to the guy on the bike and he was approached and asked for a id? the guy was about to leave when he was approached and asked for id.
the guy was just joking with the guy on the bike.

so your friend is getting pulled over, you see him and decide to (while the cop is talking to him) go up to his window and start talking to him joking about the situation...thats ok to you? how do you think that would pan out at a traffic stop? if you were the cop and someone did that you wouldn't find that disrespectful?

BOROSUN
04-19-2011, 11:48 AM
heckle? there was no heckle ...

sidewaysil80
04-19-2011, 11:51 AM
heckle? there was no heckle ...

i'm talking about his statement

but back to my question...
so your friend is getting pulled over, you see him and decide to (while the cop is talking to him) go up to his window and start talking to him joking about the situation...thats ok to you? how do you think that would pan out at a traffic stop? if you were the cop and someone did that you wouldn't find that disrespectful?

BOROSUN
04-19-2011, 11:58 AM
this statement scares me...you really expect/believe/think it should be alright to "heckle" the uniformed police or authorities? if he was SOOOO bothered by their actions he should have waited till they were done and respectfully discussed it, or filed a complaint. bottom line.

lol, lets say the same situation on a bicycle on sidewalk. the cop already had the id and was processing it. no different, i would have joked with my friend about it.

if i was the police officer, i would have chuckled a bit of the situation. aslong the guy was on a distance. like i said powertrippin.

sidewaysil80
04-19-2011, 12:02 PM
lol, lets say the same situation on a bicycle on sidewalk. the cop already had the id and was processing it. no different, i would have joked with my friend about it.

if i was the police officer, i would have chuckled a bit of the situation. aslong the guy was on a distance. like i said powertrippin.

but thats the problem, its still a traffic stop and an investigation. wheter it's a bike on the sidewalk or a car on the street. the cop is questioning someone and it's an official matter. AT NO TIME is it acceptable to come up and interfere with that or get involved with that. the cop is doing his job and it's COMPLETELY disrepectful to walk up and while he is being serious and questioning someone to start joking with said person.

BOROSUN
04-19-2011, 12:12 PM
but thats the problem, its still a traffic stop and an investigation. wheter it's a bike on the sidewalk or a car on the street. the cop is questioning someone and it's an official matter. AT NO TIME is it acceptable to come up and interfere with that or get involved with that. the cop is doing his job and it's COMPLETELY disrepectful to walk up and while he is being serious and questioning someone to start joking with said person.

like i said but he wasn't interfering! it all on the context. the job could have been accomplished. that's all it matters. but, mr powertripper had to step out and have a burgerking.

like i said before the guy could have be riverdancing across the street like a madman it would have obstruction of justice. its all how you look at it.

you're probably a powertripper. huh

wh0aitznic0
04-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Fuckin pigs...

gearhead55
04-19-2011, 12:58 PM
i knew sidewaysil80 would jump in and try and defend the cops.

Seriously, you have to be fucking joking. "Interfering with a police investigation". The cops were pulling over a guy for riding his bike on the sidewalk. The guy on the bike understood the comedy of that situation just a much as the heckler did, neither of them viewed that interaction as a sign of aggression IN ANY WAY. I understand the cops giving the biker a ticket, but they must also understand that that is an extremely minor offense, and an offense that could be joked about. If you don't have a sense of humor about your line of work you should not be in that line of work, bottom line. And i am dead serious about that, i have been in operating rooms observing surgeries where the patient that is being operated on is in a life or death situation, and guess what, THE DOCTORS JOKE ABOUT IT. It’s a necessary part of human behavior. As soon as you start taking your job too seriously (exactly what was done by the cops in this situation) you begin to not view others as people but instead as 'the enemy' or the 'out group', whatever you want to call it. Having a lack of empathy for the people that you interact with leads to abuses exactly like the ones seen in this video.

but thats the problem, its still a traffic stop and an investigation. wheter it's a bike on the sidewalk or a car on the street.

Yes, maybe it is technically an 'investigation', but the two situations are not equivalent. Borosun is right, if the cop doesn't have the sense to differentiate between the severities of those two situations then he/she must be a complete idiot.

first, its “case IN point”, not “case and point”. Second, HE WASN'T HECKLING THE COPS, he was heckling the guy getting the ticket. Third, this country is founded on the freedom to be able to say shit that others might not like or disagree with (e.g. supreme court ruling about westborough Baptist church picketing at funerals), saying something that doesn’t have a ‘positive effect’ is not a crime. Saying something that doesn’t accomplish anything is not a crime. Joking with a dude on the street that’s getting a ticket for riding his bike on the sidewalk is not a crime. They did not ‘try and reason’ with him AT ALL. They were without a doubt abusing their power. Interactions with cops should not automatically be viewed from the cops perspective, we don’t live in a country were the perspective of the state is the default and the perspective of the people is only a secondary concern. It is the exact opposite; the rights of the people are of the utmost importance in EVERY situation. The police exist to serve and protect US. Cops infringing on freedom of speech because they are bothered that some dude was joking with a guy they were giving a sidewalk ticket to is UNBELIEVABLY FUCKING RIDICULOUS.

And Borosun, after reading a lot of sidewaysil80s comments on a bunch of these topics, he most definitely is a powertripper. Everyone falls somewhere along a continuum of authoritarianism, and he is definitely on the authoritarian side of that spectrum.

sidewaysil80
04-19-2011, 12:59 PM
you're probably a powertripper. huh

what does that statement have to do with the validity of our discussion? is that supposed to be some half assed attempt at an insult? regardless i'll answer your question, if i was questioning someone and someone else was yelling and talking shit (just like your buddy in the video is) your damn right i'm going to start questioning them and busting their balls just like they're attempting to bust mine. however, i'd leave it at that and give them a warning tell them to fuck off. the guys actions at 1:24...no way in hell it's a warning anymore.

blah blah blah
i didn't even bother reading your post because after your attempt at being condescending i couldn't take you seriously.

you guys have your opinions and i have mine. you hate cops...i don't, simple as that. but i will say i like your comical assumptions on my personality based on internet discussions. if you knew me other then on a forum you would know how completley opposite i am of a "powertripper". i really just don't understand why it is so hard to admit that this whole situation could have been avoided if the guy just minded his own business? thats usually what my whole argument is in ANY of these anti cop threads...that as much as you guys hate on the cops the situations wouldn't even happen if people didn't do dumb shit.

call me old fashioned but i was brought up that cops are authority figures and you should respect authority...if you disagree you do it respectfully or tactfully :ugh: i don't get why some people think they always have to question authority violently or disrespectfully.

BOROSUN
04-19-2011, 01:08 PM
because powertrippers are blind.

EDT007
04-19-2011, 01:20 PM
what does that statement have to do with the validity of our discussion? is that supposed to be some half assed attempt at an insult? regardless i'll answer your question, if i was questioning someone and someone else was yelling and talking shit (just like your buddy in the video is) your damn right i'm going to start questioning them and busting their balls just like they're attempting to bust mine. however, i'd leave it at that and give them a warning tell them to fuck off. the guys actions at 1:24...no way in hell it's a warning anymore.

i didn't even bother reading your post because after your attempt at being condescending i couldn't take you seriously.

you guys have your opinions and i have mine. you hate cops...i don't, simple as that. but i will say i like your comical assumptions on my personality based on internet discussions. if you knew me other then on a forum you would know how completley opposite i am of a "powertripper". i really just don't understand why it is so hard to admit that this whole situation could have been avoided if the guy just minded his own business? thats usually what my whole argument is in ANY of these anti cop threads...that as much as you guys hate on the cops the situations wouldn't even happen if people didn't do dumb shit.

call me old fashioned but i was brought up that cops are authority figures and you should respect authority...if you disagree you do it respectfully or tactfully :ugh: i don't get why some people think they always have to question authority violently or disrespectfully.

I agree with what you're saying in part. But no offense, keep yourself in VA and don't come to the NYC area. You have no idea the kind of stuff these cops do. I'm not saying they're all bad but there's a reason why you hear some of the stories that you hear. Most people from this area would back me up in this case. There was no threat and I understand the officer was trying to do his "job" but again these are people. Who under law have the right to freedom of speech as already stated here. He was not talking/nor threatening the office in any way. The officer felt he was losing respect/control of the situation. Not to mention, later in the video it looks like he's the commanding officer since he told the other guys to handcuff him. Looks like he did not want to look bad in front of the rookie cops to me. As you stated, everyone has their opinion. I do not like/nor dislike cops. To me, they are like any other profession. I respect those individuals who respect me. Point blank! This officer obviously had something to prove. He asked for his ID not to just "check" but to write him a summons. He even told him that's what he planned on using it for. That is when the guy really started losing it.

gearhead55
04-19-2011, 01:23 PM

READ MY POST. i'm not just blowing smoke, read my arguments and try to understand things from a different perspective. I read all of yours and try to understand your perspective, the least you could do is return the fucking favor. Knowing that you would try to defend the cops isn't condescending at all.

powertripper might have a negative connotation, and i don't know you personally, but you are undeniably authoritarian.

Maybe that dude minding his own business would have avoided the confrontation, but so fucking what? that was absolutely no reason for him to get arrested for what he did.

I dont hate cops, i have had a few interactions with cops that were surprisingly cordial, and in every case i have thanked them for acting with respect. I give respect where i believe it is due. Also i know a few cops socially and the ones I know are great guys. BUT neither of those things affect how i view any individual situation. If a cop is acting in a fucked up manner, they should be called out for it, just like they would be in any other profession.

sidewaysil80
04-19-2011, 01:25 PM
I agree with what you're saying in part. But no offense, keep yourself in VA and don't come to the NYC area. You have no idea the kind of stuff these cops do. I'm not saying they're all bad but there's a reason why you hear some of the stories that you hear. Most people from this area would back me up in this case. There was no threat and I understand the officer was trying to do his "job" but again these are people. Who under law have the right to freedom of speech as already stated here. He was not talking/nor threatening the office in any way. The officer felt he was losing respect/control of the situation. Not to mention, later in the video it looks like he's the commanding officer since he told the other guys to handcuff him. Looks like he did not want to look bad in front of the rookie cops to me. As you stated, everyone has their opinion. I do not like/nor dislike cops. To me, they are like any other profession. I respect those individuals who respect me. Point blank! This officer obviously had something to prove. He asked for his ID not to just "check" but to write him a summons. He even told him that's what he planned on using it for. That is when the guy really started losing it.

i 100% respect your statement and explanation. and i can see your points just like you said you see mine. (fyi i grew up/lived in north jersey lol...i just live in va now)

gearhead55
04-19-2011, 01:26 PM
To me, they are like any other profession. I respect those individuals who respect me. Point blank!

money statement right here.

sidewaysil80
04-19-2011, 01:37 PM
money statement right here.

well, it looks like we agree on one thing at least...i guess the difference is our opinions on what constitutes disrespect.

(p.s. i most def. read your post i was just being a dick)

boobs13
04-19-2011, 01:38 PM

^ He's a cop lol...:drama:

sidewaysil80
04-19-2011, 01:49 PM
^ He's a cop lol...:drama:

lol, as cliche as that would be no. i'm not...i just work with alot of police (in a couple different countries actually) and have never had a bad incident to be honest. no one else sticks up for them on here so i try to put myself in their shoes for each situation and do.

gearhead55
04-19-2011, 01:50 PM
well, it looks like we agree on one thing at least...i guess the difference is our opinions on what constitutes disrespect.

(p.s. i most def. read your post i was just being a dick)

lol maybe. No grudge as long as you read my shit, cause i wasted too much time writing it. And change your avatar back, John Belushi was much easier to look at...

dat411kid
04-19-2011, 02:42 PM
New York City cops, they ain't too smart.
STROKES!!!!

lol

It's sad to see that no other cop had the balls to interject and let the guy go...That was BS

BOROSUN
04-19-2011, 03:04 PM
even worst a MP!!!

j/k

sidewaysil80
04-19-2011, 03:07 PM
even worst a MP!!!

j/k

shitttt not in this lifetime. you wanna talk about powertripping...mp's are the worst by far then any cop period lol. i've had NOTHING but bad experiences with them lol.

nyc240sx
04-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Cops are not human they get injected when they join the force

Walperstyle
04-19-2011, 08:38 PM
100% for arresting people that are out to be dicks. Needs to be an anti-dick law.

theicecreamdan
04-19-2011, 09:03 PM
I disagree, as much as I hate them sometimes, the world needs dicks.

I try to remember sometimes, that this country was founded by a bunch of outlaws who had a healthy and constructive disrespect for authority. Judging by what I CAN see from the video, that cop needs some disrespecting.

kingkilburn
04-19-2011, 09:31 PM
May I just say;

Fuck government bullies and organized crime.

daryl337
04-26-2011, 11:59 AM
shitttt not in this lifetime. you wanna talk about powertripping...mp's are the worst by far then any cop period lol. i've had NOTHING but bad experiences with them lol.

I have better experiences with MP's than Police officers.

Magical Trevor
05-06-2011, 03:55 PM
FTC

That's all that needs to be said. I counted 1-2-3-4-5 traffic cops, and mr. big and bad had to walk AWAY from the said person in violation, to prove his authority. A slap on the hand and the guy would have walked away, but the cop pushed him into a corner.

Oh and I'm all for LEO's, but traffic cops, are out to harass and meet quota's. I've heard it from the horses mouth. That being said, my best friend's dad is a retired police sargent and retired DEA agent and is the one with the info. I can go on and on all day about the shit traffic cops do to citizens just to make their quota and get their promotion. I was shocked when he told me of a few instances when he was a beat cop he had to make arrests for his quota, they will do ANYTHING, and I mean anything to put you in cuffs if they're being pressed by their C.O.