PDA

View Full Version : yayayay another help thread! Sr has multiple symptons...

JDMtyteYO!
04-14-2011, 06:12 PM
ok, just rebuilt this sr...tomei 260's, solid lifters, 1.5mm HG, head studs, FMIC, stock ecu, injectors, maf, greeeedy bov.
so got it running a couple days ago, drove it today. seemed fine right at first then super sluggish, jerky (power, no power, power), spools but no power, compressor surge sometimes. Boost Gauge is -10-14 at idle, yes boost leak yes yes ive triple..quiroweirjmillion checked and couldnt find any leaks.
also maf wiring when i squeexed with my fingers where it was extended the motor shut off, fixed that problem...
Old Gas?....
i wanna say boost leak but ive checked so many damn times

im lost and frustrated and wanna throw my car off a cliff, but there are none close by

Sileighty_85
04-14-2011, 06:55 PM
you need to tune that ECU for the Cams

Om1kron
04-14-2011, 06:57 PM
solid lifters, man have fun shimming your valves every 2000 miles LOL

blksylv
04-14-2011, 06:58 PM
you need to tune that ECU for the Cams

This and have you checked your timing

JDMtyteYO!
04-14-2011, 07:06 PM
true...enthalpy does owe me a tune. good time to put the z32 maf on there too...

and timing is spot on

so no ones thinks its a vacuum leak? i might look around more tomorrow

KaminaSan
04-14-2011, 07:17 PM
ok, just rebuilt this sr...tomei 260's, solid lifters, 1.5mm HG, head studs, FMIC, stock ecu, injectors, maf, greeeedy bov.
so got it running a couple days ago, drove it today. seemed fine right at first then super sluggish, jerky (power, no power, power), spools but no power, compressor surge sometimes. Boost Gauge is -10-14 at idle, yes boost leak yes yes ive triple..quiroweirjmillion checked and couldnt find any leaks.
also maf wiring when i squeexed with my fingers where it was extended the motor shut off, fixed that problem...
Old Gas?....
i wanna say boost leak but ive checked so many damn times

im lost and frustrated and wanna throw my car off a cliff, but there are none close by

It's a combo of things.
Stock ECu with cams=no no.

When you say 'rebuilt' do you mean pistons and bearings etc too?
Is your BOV recircd?

JDMtyteYO!
04-14-2011, 07:22 PM
stock pistons, new rings, new acl main bearings, new oem rod bearings, arp rod studs.
open bov.
just talked to the previous owner and said it was running like that, kept getting worse n worse till he decided to stop driving it.

JDMtyteYO!
04-15-2011, 09:30 AM
ok, had my friend bring over his smoke machine...tiny leak out of the boost gauge so i put a new crush fitting in for the line and vacuum is now at -19, -20. which is a hell of a lot better and runs better too, still all the same symptoms just not as bad.

Sileighty_85
04-15-2011, 09:32 AM
change plugs an correctly Gap them (.028)

JDMtyteYO!
04-15-2011, 10:02 AM
still the same with gapped plugs