PDA

View Full Version : suitable exhaust for CA18DET

xrated
10-09-2003, 05:28 AM
I have an what you call 180SX but with CA18DET engine. I already got an 3" downpipe and sportcat but that damn 2" standard exhaust :bash:

Mate got an HKS Hiper 3" and its f!cking loud as hell!
I read here that the HKS Hiper should not be loud so i am a little irritated. How loud is the Apexi N1 Dual?

I want more power and a deep sound, not ricey and mostly i don´t have to be too loud as in my country only 90dB are allowed

xrated
10-10-2003, 05:57 AM
:aw:

ca18guy
10-10-2003, 06:59 AM
Greddy Exhausts ussually have a more mellow sound to them, either way a straight through exhaust will be louder and probably raspy with only 1.8 liters going through a 3" piping. I always thought Hipers were loud so I guess its just who you talk to :doh:

andrave
10-10-2003, 10:29 AM
greddy sp is really quiet but I don't think they make s13 applications.
Something you could do is just go to a quality muffler shop and supply them a nice looking 2.5 or 3" straight through can muffler for the tip, and put a traditional muffler under the car where the stock muffler/resonator thing is. They just have them fab up some piping.
Any 3" exhaust is gonna be really f'in loud, I think you could probably get by fine with a 2.5" but thats just a guess.

xrated
10-10-2003, 12:41 PM
here is a local manufacturer that makes exhausts that exactly look like those from Fujitsubo, it has 2,5" and 2 x 70mm tips

i am only afraid that will cost too much power :( , it´s not very loud though

on the other side it is hard here to get exhausts from apexi, hks or greddy

maybe i can let someony make for me a custom exhaust :cool:

friend of mine says that his HKS is so loud because of that large tip, he thinks that 2 smaller tips are more silent

s14falcon
10-10-2003, 05:47 PM
friend of mine says that his HKS is so loud because of that large tip, he thinks that 2 smaller tips are more sile

I don't think it is loud because of the tips, so much as it is the size of the piping and the exhaust system. The greddy dd has two smaller tips, but people say its ungodly loud.(I personally have never heard one)

You should try the rs-r exmag. It is quieter and you can get it in 80mm piping for the turbo application.

rs-r exmag (http://www.rs-r.com/exmag.htm)

tiki240
10-11-2003, 09:27 AM
i have the greddy/trust power extremeII on my SR and its nice deep and mellow. no high pitched shizzle