PDA

View Full Version : Prep for my first track event

dball33
10-08-2003, 12:46 PM
Hi,
My first track event is coming up. It's Hyper Fest at Sears Point. I was wondering what should I bring. Also if there's any tips you guys have, that'd be great. I found this list on 240sx by DSC but it seems like a lot of stuff to bring and on top of that, I've read a lot of posts where people's stuff have been stolen too. So where do you guys put your stuff? Also does anyone know where to get a tech inspection in nor cal? Thanks.

Clothing/what to wear: on and off track
*Jeans
*closed toe shoes
*Long-Sleeve Shirt
*Gloves (optional)
*Balaclava (optional)
*Helmet (loaner helmets available at most events, ask before going!)
*change of cloths
*rain gear
*mech gloves (**** gets hot)
*hat (sun=burn + helmet = ouch)

For your car:
*Any tape of contrasting color (duct, masking, racers, etc...)
*wax/applicator (pad or cloth)
*shoe pollosh (applicator bottle type)

Tools/spare parts you should bring:

*tire pressure guage
*Jack
*Spare Oil
*Spare brake parts if you have them (pads, rotors, fluid, brake cleaner)
*All tools needed to: jack car, remove wheels, change brakes
*torque wrench to torque your lugnuts
*blocks to keep the car from rolling (you can't use your e-brake or you'll warp your rotors)
*Small Compressor (auto-x only, tracks will usually have a tank somewhere near the tech shead)
*glass cleaner
*random rags/paper towels
*zip ties
*screw drivers
*other basic tools (hose clamps, vice grips, other size ratches and wrenches)

Optional stuff to make the weekend more enjoyable:
*cooler/drinks/food
*cash
*chairs
*tarp (or towell or your cars floormats)
*table
*suntan lotion
*shade canopy
*camera
*stopwatch (get other peoples times)
*cell phone (put a nearby dealers number in there)

Before leaving your house
*Make a check list to be sure everything above is packed! Check it once, check it twice
*have directions where your going (to hotel and to track from hotel)
*be sure you know where you are staying
*have all needed paperwork and certs (whatever is required by your sanctioning body. IE: rule book, log book, drivers liscense, vehicle registration, track passes, etc...)
*have a tech inspection done (days before)
*check over the car yourself (oil level, brakes, tires, etc...)

Before getting on track
*Make a check list to be sure everything below is done before getting on track! Check it once, check it twice
*Strip the car of everything removable from the floor to the celling (visor cd holder, floor mats, stuff in door side pockets, glove box, center/armwrest container, ash tray, under seats, behind seats, in trunk, and anywhere else in the car)
*wax the area where you will be applying tape numbers, let it firm up, apply tape numbers, then buff away remaining wax. This will keep the leftover tape goo leftover to a minium.
*Apply tape over all front lights
*Check tire pressure
*Torque lug nuts

Dousan_PG
10-08-2003, 12:52 PM
put stuff in your car and unload it at your pit at the track. most people DONT have stuff stolen, but always keep an eye out or have your 'pit neighbors' keep an eye out for you and vise versa

tech inspection, check with the organizers of approved tech inspection locations.

nokeone
10-08-2003, 02:28 PM
hmm..wonder how this hyperfest event is going to be..i've heard nothing but mixed reviews about the previous ones...

you'll have to let us know..:)

and that is a great list...if you do, and bring, everything on that list you will want for nothing at the event..

and yeah, i've never had anything stolen at an event...just keep an eye on spectators coming into the pit areas...i wouldn't worry about other drivers...but at an event like hyperfest there is going to be a very large contingent of idiot specators and thieves...people with no respect..:(

Dousan_PG
10-08-2003, 02:36 PM
um.hyperfest at sears was cancelled. check the meets and gatherings section

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37112&perpage=30&pagenumber=1

truenocoupe posted it

unless we are talkign about a different hf event?

TRUENOCOUPE
10-08-2003, 02:46 PM
That sucks... hahhaha You had to prefer all that shiet then its canceled.

How about a drift event at Buttonwillow, Except its a weekday.

nokeone
10-08-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by TRUENOCOUPE
That sucks... hahhaha You had to prefer all that shiet then its canceled.

How about a drift event at Buttonwillow, Except its a weekday.

yes...people need to sign up for this..

DO NOT cancel it you little bastard!!..:p..lol...i know myself, and a few others i have spoken to, would be more then willing to pay an extra $20.00 to ensure that the event still happens..

:D

TRUENOCOUPE
10-08-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by nokeone
yes...people need to sign up for this..

DO NOT cancel it you little bastard!!..:p..lol...i know myself, and a few others i have spoken to, would be more then willing to pay an extra $20.00 to ensure that the event still happens..

:D

I would hate that...

Stay tight till Friday.

Al

dball33
10-08-2003, 05:37 PM
great.....man, i was so looking for to it too!:mad: