sr20det
greddy downpipe
obx muffler

the head
10-08-2003, 10:31 AM
specify which front end you are asking about

adey
10-08-2003, 12:06 PM
yeah, it's so confusing when people think "S13" means "S13 silvia". Grrr... :mad: I'm pretty sure he's talking about S13 silvia, though.

It would help if you let us know which setup you have -- non projectors, or projectors? (dual/triple projectors should be same I think)...

Strider
10-08-2003, 01:16 PM
its pretty simple, that is if you have wiring experience. Me and I had none and it took 3 days( i know thats long) to get everything working right. I'll try and draw out a diagram they way i wired everything and post it later tonight. Assuming you talking about the dual projection ones.

kazuo
10-09-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Strider
its pretty simple, that is if you have wiring experience. Me and I had none and it took 3 days( i know thats long) to get everything working right. I'll try and draw out a diagram they way i wired everything and post it later tonight. Assuming you talking about the dual projection ones.

??

The plugs are exactly the same... unless you are talking about making the fog lights work.

In which case I would like to see your howto cus im too damn lazy to figure it out. ;)

lilaznjeff
10-10-2003, 12:25 AM
i have the three projectors
the corners has 2 bulbs
the bumper has one signial
so how would i hook those up

mrmephistopheles
10-10-2003, 12:59 AM
Click the pic below.
I wired Lisa's car up to have the indicator lamps & turnsignals lamps illuminated when the switch is in the indicator light position. Side indicators (amber) illimunate when turnsignal is on, as well as front turnsignals illuminating more brightly.
Also, the foglamps are set to be 'ALWAYS ON' when headlamps are on. this is due to the way the wiring for the headlamp motor assemblies is setup.
When indicator lights are only on, or all lights are off, you can illuminate fogs by pressing 'headlamps up' button. Unfortunately, the reverse is not the same, unless you wire a switch inline to the fogs.

Anyway, I probably wired it wrong, but i kinda dig the way it looks.

FWIW, it took me ~3-4 hours, soldering, shrink tubing, electrical taping and ziptying.

mrmephistopheles
10-10-2003, 01:09 AM
why i think/know i wired it up wrong:
http://www.nissan.co.jp/MUSEUM/SILVIA/S13/IMAGES/g_3.jpg

kazuo
10-11-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by mrmephistopheles
why i think/know i wired it up wrong:

-snip picture-

woot, i wired it up properly and I just guessed that the corner lights were supposed to be like that... :)

One of these days I am going to bug my friend and have him help me hook the fogs up to the pop-up headlamp switch...

fridexter
10-11-2003, 04:47 PM
…………………..…………………..

lilaznjeff
10-14-2003, 03:55 AM
since i have three wire harness from the stock ka
and i want to do the s13 head light conversion and i was wondering
what can i use to hook up two side signial
can i clip both wire and use the signal at once
also the three projectors can i
clip the high beam and low beam togeher

mrmephistopheles
10-14-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by kazuo
-snip picture-

woot, i wired it up properly and I just guessed that the corner lights were supposed to be like that... :)

One of these days I am going to bug my friend and have him help me hook the fogs up to the pop-up headlamp switch...

Hmmm
I might be wrong (right).. Look at the turnsignal in front.. looks like it's brighter than it should be.
I've gotta do more research!

kazuo
10-16-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by mrmephistopheles
Hmmm
I might be wrong (right).. Look at the turnsignal in front.. looks like it's brighter than it should be.
I've gotta do more research!

IIRC I just wired the corner lenses (both the clear part and the orange part) to the same lead... I think they are the parking lights (?) or whatever... its the lead that was originally on the chasis that plugs into the "clear" part of the corner lens, I spliced into that for the orange part of the corner lens... looks good to me. :D

Still too lazy to hook up fogs... :)

CoasTek240
11-03-2003, 09:37 PM
kazuo well you said this thread would explain it. i dont understand it i have no ability @ all when it comes to wiring and electrical stuff. i can splice and stuff and solder but i dont know what to look for. i need a diagram

i believe strider said eh would dram up a diagram. or if anyone can find one that ouwl be much appriciated. i have the halogen non-projector s13 silvia headlights. going on my 92 coupe.

CoasTek240
11-04-2003, 12:08 PM
uhh does anyone have any sort of wiring schematic or diagram. rough sketch or anything. thanx
i guess i'd be more comfortable with some visual aid. i'm not getting some of the "lingo" or ya'lls wiriing setup.
thanx

CoasTek240
11-04-2003, 07:24 PM
i guess what i;m askign it what wire goes to which? i have no clue. i can wire up the amber blinker light on the corner lamps i can wire the front bumper signals
dont know what to do bout the other bulb on the corner lamp and the headlights? i guess i have cut harnesses i have two wires coming out of the inner beam, and three wires coming out of the outer beam. i have non projectors.

CoasTek240
11-06-2003, 10:47 AM
***Please read, reply if you have helpful information****
ok so far i've wired the amber part of the corner lamp to the original side marker leads.

now i was wondering how to get the clear part, of the corner lamps, to wire in line with the bumper signals?

Now my major question is: how do i wire the headlights?
the non-projector headlights have two wires coming out of the inner beam(i think low beams, can someone clarify?) and i have three wires coming out of the outer beam.
i'm at a loss b/c the stock headlight harness has 3 wires coming from it. so do i wire those to the low beams, then what do i hook up to the high beams. i'm really lost and need to get my car back on the road, can someone help me out?

MarvynDT
11-06-2003, 11:19 AM
Here's a writeup I did a while back...

S13 Silvia non-projector wiring diagram (http://240sx.marvyndt.com:88/diyinstallations/wiringheadlight.html)

CoasTek240
11-06-2003, 10:34 PM
ok so ive wired most of the front end.

the amberpart on the corner lights is wired to the sidemarker leads.
the clear part on the corner lights is wired in the same lead as the bumper signals.

the amber corner light doesnt work when the parkign lights are suppsoed to be on for some reason, but they work when i arm and disarm my car.

but i still dont have a clue how to wire my headlights. please someone help. i've been lookign at everything youve thrown @ me.

maybe i'm really dumb, but i'm lost

mrmephistopheles
11-07-2003, 12:37 AM
CoasTek,
the amber portion of your signals are supposed to be wired in with your turn signal. They're supposed to flash when your signal is on.
the clear portion is supposed to wired in with your sidemarker. It's function is as a clearance/parking lamp.

As for your headlamps, MarvynDT seems to have done quite a nice writeup on how to install them.
Otherwise, they simply wire into your headlamp harness.

KevinsS13
11-08-2003, 06:24 PM
Hey mrmephistopheles do you have a S13 w/silvia conversion? If so did you hook up your fog lights to come on when ever you turn on your head lights or do you have it connected to the other wires on the pop-up harnes so it will only come on if you press the pop-up button inside the car?NO OFFENSE but are you sure that the amber corner lamp is supose to blink? On the US cars none of the side marker lights blink.....front or back, mine didnt atleast, I saudered the wires from both bulbs to eachother and then to the old side marker wires. Maybe im wrong. And once all this lighting is wired what position do you adjust the headlights to? It seems like its tricky to get them to shine right and both be equal.....since the cars are originally RHD do the lights tend to be catered to shining/pointing a different direction...thanks for your time man...

...kevin

mrmephistopheles
11-09-2003, 04:52 AM
i don't but my wife does.
i did all her wiring.
i wired the fogs to the pop-up motor harness, so they can be controlled via pressing the switch, or always on when headlamps are on.

I never said the amber portion of the silvia turnsignals had to be wired to the sidemarkers.
i never said the sidemarkers should blink.
the front turnsignals should blink, as should the silvia turnsignals

doriftomunkee
02-20-2004, 12:31 AM
so did anyone do a write up on this yet? im doing mine soon and it would be a whole lot easier just following the procedure rather than doing trial and error...anyone can link me to the write up or someone post the wiring diagram or what connects to what..thanks guy im doing mine in about a week...

mrmephistopheles
02-20-2004, 12:42 AM
no, but i've gotta rewire Lisa's headlamps a bit soon.
Maybe i'll take pics and such.

elevator
02-20-2004, 03:42 AM
yeah, it's so confusing when people think "S13" means "S13 silvia". Grrr... :mad: I'm pretty sure he's talking about S13 silvia, though.
It DOES! Grrr...:mad: ...and he is. :rolleyes:

kingsol
04-15-2004, 09:55 PM
sorry to bring back an old thread, but has anyone figured the wiring out???

kingsol
04-17-2004, 11:09 AM
bump, come on someone has to know!

kingsol
04-18-2004, 05:06 PM
ok, i figured most of the wiring stuff out, but i need to know how to hook up the fogs to the healight pop-up lead. which wires do i cut? do i need a new harness, if so, where should i get it?

mrmephistopheles
04-20-2004, 09:54 AM
not hard to figure out, is it?
as far as fogs are concerned, get a test light (cheap! like $5) and find what wires supply power when the switch is turned on, then find a ground. simple.

kingsol
04-20-2004, 01:09 PM
no it's not that hard, it's just i'm not too familiar with the whole wiring thing yet. thanks