PDA

View Full Version : Closed forum for moderators only

radhaz
10-05-2003, 10:34 AM
Hello, being that I have been a moderator and administrator for several forums, I just wanted to toss out something I myself found useful in the past.

Make a forum for only the moderators and flag it as invisible to users with privileges below moderator, or if vbb doesnt allow that then just make an acl for only the moderators, you get the drift if not I can clarify it further.

The forum for mods only is great for hashing out any kinds of issues you have with people; problems like banning, kicking, or rule violations; or even disagreement amongst one another. Being that its a closed forum no normal users have to see any arguing, kicking, screaming, stabbing, discussions about personal feelings towards members, etc going on.

No one really needs to see behind the smoke and mirrors as all the end users care about is the sharing of common information. The Closed forum allows mods freedom to discuss difficult decision's and not have to worry about anyone besides the other mods/admins knowing how they truly feel. Disagreements are inevitable amongst any group of folks but they need not be aired like the dirty laundry if it can be avoided.

Publicly displaying differences of opinion between the people percieved to be running a forum is bad for business. It sends a really bad impression out to the majority of folks who pick up on the problems that all is not well. Closed forums steer that problem out of the prying eye for the majority.

This is just my 2ยข anyway but I just thought I would share. Zilvia is a great site by any standard! It's the primary 240sx forum that I use out of list of several. Good luck with everything.

mrmephistopheles
10-05-2003, 02:38 PM
we have one.. we just don't use it
:squint: @ the other mods

West
10-06-2003, 12:25 PM
Ya we have one, however I personally use AIM the most to talk with other Mods.