PDA

View Full Version : q45 brake plate things

One_love_silvia
03-30-2011, 11:52 PM
hey guys, my apologies ahead of times. im sure its been covered but im not quite sure what search words to use to find the info.

i bought q45 brakes a little while ago, and they came with these metal plate things that seem to go against the pistons and or pads in the caliper. however, since it was all in a box and disassembled, i dont know how to put them in or what order they go in.

need to know before saturday, when im doing my full 5 lug swap/ front brake upgrade!!!

sorry im not very good with the search thing on this forum. 240sxforums search tool is so much easier T.T

fliprayzin240sx
03-31-2011, 06:24 AM
The metal plates you are talking about are brake shims. They are just spacers to keep the brake pad from squeeking. You dont really need them for the brakes to work properly and the brakes may or may not squeek with them.

One_love_silvia
03-31-2011, 12:18 PM
ic...well i figured them out, but theres a vented plate shim that doesnt look too much like the others. i only have one and im not sure what to do with it T.T

also, how do the little clips go in that hold the caliper and the slider together? T.T

thanks.