PDA

View Full Version : o2 sensor question

hachiboy
03-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Yes i know, this topic as been overly discussed, believe me i searched n searched, but now i have a new question. The female connector on the harness S13 sr20 harness is supposed be be like this right:

Black wire- White wire-Red wire, right??? cuz thats how my connector is.
Now i bought a brand new OEM S13 skinny o2 sensor and noticed that on the connector, it is : Black-Red-White wire, The white signal wire is not in the middle!!!

I just wanna know if you guys have your o2 connector wired in the same order with the signal white wire being in the middle!!!!

I just installed the new o2 sensor and am not getting any reading from it at all, I do get voltage from the harness o2 connector but not the o2 sensor itself. its brand new, does it have to break in or something??? i dont think it does. I am using the 18mm-12mm adapther also if that matters.

S13 redtop sr20det by the way. Thanks.

JDMRIDDAZ
03-29-2011, 12:33 AM
No it doesnt have to break in it just needs to heat up
its supposed to be blk...wht...brwn....
If its not u have a diff plug
the center is reading to ecu
brwn is switched ign
and blk is grnd
ur harness needs to b wired w the same type of wire thats in the harness
the extended part
if u use the correct wire and just match pins the right way on engine side of harness u shold be fine if not u have the wrong o2 sensor an u need to return it and get a new one or diff brand
bosch is the best thing going

hachiboy
03-29-2011, 12:00 PM
yea my plug on the harness is in that same order black, white, brown, and i get voltage from all of them, its just the connector on the o2 was in a diff order with white not being in the middle. I got it directly from performance Nissan so i know its the right one for the redtop. i dont know man im just not getting any reading from the o2 itself. . .