PDA

View Full Version : Hacked Maf questions....

Driftin_240sx
10-02-2003, 09:07 PM
well first off i searched...and searched. but i still have some questions... ok, well if i get a safc will i still have to do ecu upgrade or hack a maf? if i would have to, i would def. go the hacked maf path. now so far here is my fuel system, vortech fmu, safc, and dsm 450's(if i need them) ....

david

Bbandit
10-03-2003, 12:14 AM
s13 mafs is kinda tricky to hack...
its made out of metal :mad:
there are some trick to hack it tho:
1.dual mafs. hook one of the mafs only, use the other one as a dummy
use this with 540cc or 550cc and you'll be fine
2."leak" the intake pipe after the mafs and slap on 370cc
(i assume you know how to hack a mafs)
3.use s14 mafs and hack it.. (altho i am not sure if s14mafs will work properly on an s13) one guy tried it a while back but i forgot who he was... his s13 had a bad idle with his s13 mafs.. so he hooked up an s14 mafs and still had a sucky idle so it hasnt been proven if it will work or not.
but if you're going with hacked mafs.. you dont need FMU
slap in a 370cc or so injectors and you'll be fine.
right now, im in dilemma on how i want to do my fuel management (im going ka-t)
right now, im going to find an s14mafs and try to hook it up to my s13.. if it works well.. im going with hacked mafs + 370cc injectors..
if not... i might get SDS standalone but it is just too pricey...
my last option is just to with an FMU + stock injectors + stock ecu running 5psi with my 14b turbo...
well we'll see how it goes

DuffMan
10-03-2003, 12:36 AM
A hacked mafs and a safc is kind of pointless unless your mafs is maxed out.

Driftin_240sx
10-03-2003, 09:40 AM
DuffMan - would that mean that i could use safc without hacking the mafs?

Bbandit - i guess i dont know enough about hacking the mafs cause what do you mean by "leakk" the intake pipe. and with the dual mafs you would just hook up one? y would u even have 2 then?

david

orion::S14
10-03-2003, 10:10 AM
The hacked MAF is a substitute to the AFC - You run one or the other.

For your setup (S13), an AFC is best.

AFC + 370s + base timing set to ~16 will get you to 8-9psi safely.

With the FMU, you only ned to retard the base timing to get to 7-8psi safely - No AFC or Hacked MAF needed.

Later - Brian

sykikchimp
10-03-2003, 12:56 PM
Orion, I've always heard that the stock injectors with an FMU would max out around 7psi.. are you able to get to 8-9 with the retarded timing?

edit: doh... nevermind, I read your post, and for some reason thought you said 8-9psi with stock injectors, not 7-8.

What ratio FMU would you use for that setup?