PDA

View Full Version : new! need help

Dboy iz pro
03-20-2011, 12:01 AM
I just replaced my front main crank seal! i need help to see if i did the job correctly

Dboy iz pro
03-20-2011, 12:07 AM
ok, this is what i did. 1st: removed all belts, crank bolt, and crank pulley i had to use a claw puller to remove the crank p. it was on pretty tight. #2 removed seal with seal removal tool. and installed new one. #3 put crank pulley back on had to do it by hand at first, then i hammered the pulley in with soft end hammer and tighten the bolt. every thing i think is fine.

Dboy iz pro
03-20-2011, 12:09 AM
my concern is, when i put pulley back on. it wasnt completly flush with the cranknose and key..... is that ok??????

Sr20Bluebird
03-20-2011, 07:58 PM
my concern is, when i put pulley back on. it wasnt completly flush with the cranknose and key..... is that ok??????

***I hope I read you post correctly***

I just helped a buddy of mine do this, and if i remember correctly the key was flush with the face of the pulley. Just to be safe i would remove it and try to have the key and pulley flush. You dont want to have the key half inside the pulley and it break :-/

Dboy iz pro
03-30-2011, 09:29 AM
cool, thanx for the help. I actually been driving the car for 2 weeks now, and every thing seems to be ok. :)

n8RPS13
03-30-2011, 10:18 AM
What motor?