PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Gremlins

Maeda
09-30-2003, 11:10 PM
OK so the mechanic's say there something wrong with the <pause> "power unit" in my car, so i've concluded that these people are morons and will now fix the car myself even though I don't have the time, but I need some help guys...

The car starts and runs, and will hold a smooth idle. The car can drive around HOWEVER, it feels like its stuck in 3rd or 4th gear. The car will not down shift like an automagic should.

When I start the car the dash will not turn on for about 30 seconds, and then my cluster will light up and my clock will be reset to 1:00.

Car fires up on the first try. The car will shift gears once or twice before reverting into the 'no shift' mode.

I checked my wires but still dumbfounded (which landed it at the mechanics in the first place). :bash:

96 S14 KA-T
E-manage + Profec E-01
Fully charged & checked battery

Help guys!
:wtc: I need to drive!

Joel 180
09-30-2003, 11:15 PM
Sounds like you have a blown interior light/acc fuse. Its one of the ten amp ones - check them all to be safe.

Maeda
10-01-2003, 03:06 AM
I WISH it was just a fuse.:bash:

the head
10-01-2003, 11:29 AM
I had the no shift issue on my old transam (94) i found out that my tps had gone to shit and since it was an electronically shifted trans it did not know when to change gears
one of my friends had a J-body that also had the same issue it was a short in the speed sensor wire that runs to the ECU B/C its trans was based on speed readings primary and TPS secondary

they are worth checking both are domestics but they are of roughly the same era as your 240 so it might help