PDA

View Full Version : Front/Rear ladder bar quality and fitment questions...

ucfz31s13
09-28-2003, 08:17 PM
Question #1: JSpec.com sell 'their' front ladder bar for the s13 at $120 shipped. Does anybody know the quality of this bar or seen/had any experience w/ it? I suppose since it's a direct copy of another brands bar, it is probably just as decent. Should I be wondering why it's so cheap, or are they doing the consumer a favor buy offering a quality part at a decent price? I know that some of those $50 strut bars on ebay are crap, and I didn't want to make a mistake by cheaping out and buying the Jspec.com bar instead of a name brand bar such as Do-Luck.

Question #2: So the front ladder bar fits fine, but the Do-Luck and JSpec.com rear ladder bars don't since there is a difference between the USDM and JDM rear chasis. I know some people on here have installed the rear bar, but only w/ modification. My question is, what exactly is the fitment problem w/ the rear bar? Is it too wide, or are the mounts in different locations than they need to be. What did those of you who installed it have to change to get the bar to fit?

Thanks in advance for the help!

lataz

z

Dousan_PG
09-28-2003, 11:37 PM
1. yes they are high quality (i have them both)

2. wont fit USDM chassis (REAR ONLY) because japan is different
you can modify but takes a lot of work (i am one of few w/ it)

ucfz31s13
09-29-2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by dousan36
2. wont fit USDM chassis (REAR ONLY) because japan is different
you can modify but takes a lot of work (i am one of few w/ it)

Yes, I'm curious as to what you had to modify, I.E. why won't it fit? Is it a matter of shortening the bar? Cutting a few inches off each end and rewelding, or repositioning the end brackets? Contemplating whether or not it's something I want to attempt myself.

Thanks for the info

lataz

z

Dousan_PG
09-29-2003, 08:44 AM
nah cutting drilling and such
still doesnt sit right
i wont do a writeup or more info because i dont even have it right. unlesss you have a) a lot of time b) a nice shop to do it in, dont waste your time.

the flb is great enough

ucfz31s13
09-29-2003, 10:57 AM
Thanks man. Looks like your the reigning suspension god around here.

Appreciate the info

lataz

z