PDA

View Full Version : New rb26 failure

speedracer1610
03-14-2011, 12:47 AM
NEW RB26 FAILURE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a brand new engine installed,Tomei cams , CP pisions crower rods. acl bearring, 2860-5 turbos. It made 591 hp at 22lbs.

The place that installed the engine told me I did not need to break in the engine before the dyno. So it had 0 miles before the dyno tune.

Should the engine have been broken in first?

They told me the engine had an oil leak.
1st they said it was the main seal. So they fixed it.
2nd They said it was now the cam seals. This was more than likley the original leak. So they sald all is well no more leaks.

When I picked up the car a week later the engine oil light was on at idle. They told me to rev it up and it will go away, WTH?

We I think they did not check the oil level. Because on the way home my engine oil light stayed on and the engine died. I checked the oil dip stick and they was no oil in the pan.

So now I need a rebuild and a set of new turbos because they are fried too. I am soo pissed.

Oh BTW , they did not conect the transmission breather tubes to the transmission and all the trans oil REDLINE SHOCK PROOF leaked all over my new coilovers (BC RACING) and new (WEDS SPORT SA55) rims as exhaust.

THEY CHARGED ME to check the engine over prior to install. Now the shop tells me, OH IT MUST HAVE BEEN A CLEARANCE ISSUE WITH THE CRANK BEARRINGS. THATS WHY THE OIL LIGHT WAS ON.

I said, If there was a problem why the **** did you let me take my car home then? SO IT COULD BLOW UP and waste the turbos too? If it was a clearance issue I think it would have blown up on the dyno. Don't you?

They charged me over 5k US just to install the engine, trans and tune.

Can someone please ahow me how the trans over flow hoses are routed too.

I am holding them fully responsable.
They told me it was the engine builders fault. And that the bearing clearance was not right. I said it should have blown up on the dyno then. I told them well you charged me to check out the engine. They told me they even check the bearring and saw that they were new but did not bother to check the clearance. I said WHY NOT you already took it off. WTF?

Kemps
03-14-2011, 12:55 AM
Damn, sorry to hear about that :( i believe the motor should have at least 500 miles on it to break it in.

godrifttoday
03-14-2011, 12:58 AM
u need a lawyer

eklips3
03-14-2011, 01:22 AM
wow ... seems like those guys donno shit.

you MUST break an engine in after a rebuild , break in is CRUCIAL !!. they could of atleast taken a few hours to break it in on the dyno but still ... wow .

im not sure as to how your tranny breather tube would get oil on your coilovers .. that seems impossible to me actually. but the breather tube is run up the bell housing an there is a bracket atatched to it that bolts onto one of the top bolts on the bell housing ... kinda hard to fuck up .

if your oil light came on after start up, it could be a bad oil pump, clearance issue with the bearings could also be a possibility but its over and done with now.

get the shop to pay for it .. they fucked you

GeneStarWindGSW
03-14-2011, 01:27 AM
maybe they thought it was one of those new ford ecoboost engines

speedracer1610
03-14-2011, 07:51 PM
They told me the Engine was sand blasted.

There was some dirt and sludge in the oil pan when I gave it to them. I told the they had to clean it out because it was soo dirty. They told me they did I think maybe not. Once again their fault.

To boot, you know what else is messed up. these guys did not have all the bolts for the install so they had one of the mechanics dig through the pile of old bolt. Well it must have taken him awhile because they charged me 4 hrs labor at US$100. per hr for him to find the bolts, So $400.00 I said I ain't paying for that. You guys are smoking Crack out af alight bulb. (USA Ghetto Slang).

And they charged me to JB weld / fix a cracked boost solenoid and couldn't even fix it. I ain't paying for that either.

godrifttoday
03-14-2011, 08:26 PM
wow ... seems like those guys donno shit.

you MUST break an engine in after a rebuild , break in is CRUCIAL !!. they could of atleast taken a few hours to break it in on the dyno but still ... wow .

get the shop to pay for it .. they fucked you

with a fresh build u want to go straight to the Dyno. No break in . U want the piston rings to sit .their also an article on this let me see if I can find it. It even proved that the motors with no break in made more power

s14freak93901
03-14-2011, 08:34 PM
that shop has nothing but a crap load of fuckin idiots. no break in straight to the dyno...i honestly don't know how these shops stay open.

always review shops before letting them touch your car.

speedracer1610
03-14-2011, 09:23 PM
How the fuck does sand get in the engine when i gave them the engine with out the oil pan on and they took off the valve covers and went over the engine???????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????

ymisoqt
03-14-2011, 09:48 PM
with a fresh build u want to go straight to the Dyno. No break in . U want the piston rings to sit .their also an article on this let me see if I can find it. It even proved that the motors with no break in made more power

I've heard the same thing. I was given this (http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm) link a while back when discussing on breaking in the motor on my del slo.