PDA

View Full Version : New to the scene

Triley
03-11-2011, 08:41 AM
hey everyone im pretty new to the 240 scene. i know a little bit about them. im from stl,mo. in the next 2-3 months ill have 1,500 for a car and was wondering where i should look and what to look out for when buying a 240. i love the s13 hatchs. my plan is to get a stock s13 hatch and make a 180sx clone along the way.

help a brother out! :D

WanganNastyMachine
03-11-2011, 08:54 AM
To be honest, $1500 for a S13 Hatch is a little shallow. I don't want you to get yourself in some pile of crap mismatched S13 with substancial rust.

Keep an eye locally for one, the cars on here are usually modified and they ask a fair bit of money due to online competition of pricing. Locally you'll be able to find more stock S13s and at a cheaper price. In the end, I would try to find a 5-Speed one, but SOHC KA24 or DOCH KA24DE you'll still have fun, and you can swap any motor you want into it with the right amount of money. I take it its your first car?

Buy stock, build yourself/local trusted shop. Look for rust in the fenderwells and along the body seems in the engine bay near the Brake Master Cylinder/Firewall. (If Im wrong about this common rust spots guy, please correct me)

Have fun!

enkei2k
03-11-2011, 08:56 AM
you should look for the 'search' button on this forum.

this is what i recommend.

yvang07
03-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Wagan pretty much said it all in a nutshell, try not to buy something modded. You may think they have saved some labor for you but honestly having a completely unmolested car is way better than some hacked up p.o.s. Unless you know that all the work done on it was legit.

AGNT84
03-11-2011, 01:10 PM
To be honest, $1500 for a S13 Hatch is a little shallow. I don't want you to get yourself in some pile of crap mismatched S13 with substancial rust.

Keep an eye locally for one, the cars on here are usually modified and they ask a fair bit of money due to online competition of pricing. Locally you'll be able to find more stock S13s and at a cheaper price. In the end, I would try to find a 5-Speed one, but SOHC KA24 or DOCH KA24DE you'll still have fun, and you can swap any motor you want into it with the right amount of money. I take it its your first car?

Buy stock, build yourself/local trusted shop. Look for rust in the fenderwells and along the body seems in the engine bay near the Brake Master Cylinder/Firewall. (If Im wrong about this common rust spots guy, please correct me)

Have fun!
+2

yup, save alil more and get something that is worth it
good luck :bow: