PDA

View Full Version : WTB: WTB: buyworking 95-96 s14 driverside window switch

chinabean
03-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Let me know if you got it, everything else works - except my driverside window won't go up and only goes down. was working fine until recently, before I just had to keep pushing it around and it'll go up eventually but now it stays down =/

SoloSilvia
03-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Your switch is probably good man. Just take it apart and clean the contact points in it. Itll take a few small pry tools and 5-10 minutes. Pull switch out of the housing. Then pull unit apart from the back, you can tell where it seperates. Do this on a table or something where you wont loose anything. There are 2 small peices under the button that are easy to loose. use some rubbing alcohol or similar cleaner to clean out the switch especialy the contact points and snap er back together and it should be all good!!! Save yourself some money and try this first! Works every time for me! Feel free to text me if ya got any ?s

chinabean
03-10-2011, 04:59 PM
^ yeah man I did all that lol, but i didn't take apart the actual little white switch for the driver window, i cleaned it all out and plugged it in and kept moving the little white switch back and forth and pushing it more to make contact but it wouldn't do anything when i try to make the window go up =/