PDA

View Full Version : Farking Driveshaft

tiki240
09-26-2003, 11:25 AM
GRRR. ok lets all look to see what the hell happend. look under car (after jacking up) and look at the rubber peice that connects the tranny input shaft peice to the driveshaft. its torn to shreds.... D'OH and does anyone know where i can buy a replacement piece for it? :-( or, am i going to have to beg my dad for a new driveshaft completely...

tiki240
09-26-2003, 02:04 PM
:faint: anyone?

TheSparo
09-26-2003, 02:25 PM
wow, that sux, its not totally necessary, but whatever caused it could be a problem... you need to find out how it happened, but as for getting a new one, best advice is to go to nissan and ask them, tell them what driveshaft its from and all...

Var
09-26-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by tiki240
GRRR. ok lets all look to see what the hell happend. look under car (after jacking up) and look at the rubber peice that connects the tranny input shaft peice to the driveshaft. its torn to shreds.... D'OH and does anyone know where i can buy a replacement piece for it? :-( or, am i going to have to beg my dad for a new driveshaft completely...
Try nissan. If they say they dont sell it separately get an aluminum one-piece shaft. I dont remember which website i saw that was selling it for 460 bucks. Also check you input shaft for damage. The splines on the shaft may have been destroyed

I think enjuku racing may have the aluminum driveshaft

www.srswap.com has a custom alloy driveshaft. it's listed under clutch and trans, then differential.

tiki240
09-26-2003, 04:35 PM
any body know if that rubber peice comes off? and if the input shaft is an easy to get off peice.. argh..

TheSparo
09-26-2003, 10:00 PM
the rubber peice is cake compared to checking out the input shaft, you gotta drop the tranny to check out the input shaft, you would prolly feel if u'r input shaft was messed up though...

Var
09-29-2003, 12:53 AM
I just realized we've been reffering to the output shaft as the input shaft. The input shaft is where the trans/engine meet. The output shaft goes to the driveshaft right? The output shaft wont come out on it's own. You gotta tear the tranny down and take the whole input/output shaft assembly out. they are linked together in the middle by a bearing.