PDA

View Full Version : Digital cluster issue

KA24sleeper
03-06-2011, 09:15 PM
i have a dohc digital cluster with illumination problems, a couple days back i was replacing my old oem light bulbs in the cluster with led's. when putting them in and turing on my lights i noticed that my cluster started to smoke and had the burning electrical smell. so i turned everything off and pinpointed the problem i found that i burned a fuse on the back of the cluster for the illumintation. after waiting acouple of minutes i started the car to see if anything would work but when turn on but my speedo dosent turn on and my first setting wiper switch dosent work but when i truned on the lights everything worked speedo and wiper

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r192/importguru101/100MEDIA_IMAG0152-1.jpg

so i swapped it out with another cluster that had no problems( another digi clus) and turned on the car to see if i fixed the problem but it still gives me not speedo or wiper. i checked the fuses in the engine bay and on the side of the kick pannel and changed out the white box near the fuses to see if it would fix this but nothing( white box that controls radio and some other controls). what else could this be? bad sub harnes? other fuses hidden in the dash some where?

nor-caljdm
03-06-2011, 09:45 PM
try and look at all your wires that are connect to the cluster to see if they are melted together, that can be the problem