PDA

View Full Version : Relay going bad?

DirtyLoud
03-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Hey Guys,

Not sure whats going on, but i can hear a ticking noise coming from behind the dash/kick panel on the driver side every so oftern. My power door locks have suddenly obtained a new ability to unlock themselves after i have locked them....

I'll lock the doors and maybe about a minute to two mintes after they will unlock themselves.

Whats going on here?

jacobs13
03-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Im assuming you have an s14 because of your sig, if so check the f3 power plug next to the ecu I had a problem like this and it was becauase that plug was not secured down all the way so the connection would come and go causing some of my relays to click

DirtyLoud
03-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Im assuming you have an s14 because of your sig, if so check the f3 power plug next to the ecu I had a problem like this and it was becauase that plug was not secured down all the way so the connection would come and go causing some of my relays to click

Yeah, I've got an S14. I'm not too sure what it is that im looking for, could you shed some light? Ill do my best to locate it.

jacobs13
03-06-2011, 10:35 PM
On the passenger kick panel theres a plastic bracket that holds the plug and the top on the plug has like a lever thing that clamps it down. Its white and the bracket is black, its part of the engine harness after it goes through the firewall

DirtyLoud
03-06-2011, 10:39 PM
On the passenger kick panel theres a plastic bracket that holds the plug and the top on the plug has like a lever thing that clamps it down. Its white and the bracket is black, its part of the engine harness after it goes through the firewall

I see, i will check for this tomorrow.

Thanks

Om1kron
03-06-2011, 10:39 PM
relays for the doors should be on the driver side kick panel fuse box, refer to the chilton manual or one of the many pdf manual's online and replace the relay, it's most likely getting stuck.

It happens the cars are old as shit.