PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for advice..

justingallegos
03-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Hello to everyone,
I purchased my first s13 around Nov. of last (this is my first venture in RWD, I am in love with drifting). unfortunately I have not had the chance to drift myself (only ride alongs). I have a s13 blacktop, with a t28, headers, and exhaust, sadly motor only cranks, I am planning to check the spark/fuel today. I was looking for some advice where to go after my diff gets welded, such as small upgrades. Its also non-op so I was thinking of registering it, would this be a good route (This will not be my daily)?

Thanks guys!

fckillerbee
03-02-2011, 04:55 PM
that's more than enough power to learn to drift. It's actually harder to learn with more power..than less power. You want to learn weight shifting before throttle. It'll help in the long run.

as for registering it...only helps if you are driving to track. other than that...try and trailer it wherever you go.

UNITEDMASTER
03-03-2011, 05:13 PM
I wolud advise the KISS method,the only mods needed should be in the name of reliability. RAS, radiator, oil cooler,quality clutch & PP,quality motor & tranny mounts, ADJ FPR & a new pump. Also the highest quality fluids you can afford.

Start with whatever tires you can afford & as skill levle & speed rise begin to buy better tires(more grip)

Spend your money on entry fees not power mods for now

azndoc
03-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Give me $1k and I'll teach you how to drift all sick and shit.

word sux
03-04-2011, 01:16 AM
coilovers and an energy suspension bushing kit

justingallegos
03-04-2011, 02:39 AM

seems a little high priced? haha, thanks for the advice for far guys! much appreciated.

fckillerbee
03-04-2011, 11:46 AM

I'll give you $2k just to teach me sick shit! lol

foreverdark
03-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Hey bro remember when you failed at drifting Bomacs ae86?:mephfawk:

azndoc
03-04-2011, 02:52 PM

Hey remember when you used to beg me to drift with you so that you could learn how to be a better driver?

I'm gonna need that $1k from you now.

koukikat180sx
03-04-2011, 03:17 PM
ooo you're lucky! jack offered you his services. XD

several good recommendations were brought up. please keep in mind, that you might want to try drifting first. riding along and loving it as a specatator sport is one thing, but actually going out and doing it is another. drift association and drift pro put together a drift 101 program where they treach you the basics of how to drift. you can rent one of their cars or you can bring your own. it's not the best feeling in the world knowing you spent a ton of money on something that you don't want to do.

my recommendation would be to use quality parts (don't cut corners and go the cheap route). i agreed with fc by starting off with a KA would be a good idea (you will also save tires. it really sucks knowing you spent money on tires and blew them all in less than an hour trying to learn to do donuts with a high powered car.) through personal experience i started out with a ka and ugraded suspension.

congrats on the purchase. good luck. :)

(jack! teach me how to drift!)

fckillerbee
03-04-2011, 03:20 PM

Hey remember when you used to beg me to drift with you so that you could learn how to be a better driver?

I'm gonna need that $1k from you now.

wait...does jack still have a car?

justingallegos
03-06-2011, 09:49 PM
i use to try to drift my buddies volvo station wagon, it was a lot of fun, but he doesnt know! :) thanks for all the advice! i want hoping to go to the just drift that recently passed but the car wouldnt start, I agree with not going the cheap way, I want to use this car for other events too, such as time attack (some what my race car).

fckillerbee
03-07-2011, 12:03 PM
well if you come to the 626 drift in may....i'll be there...hit me up.

justingallegos
03-08-2011, 12:51 PM
sounds good, ill be there! i know karl also.