PDA

View Full Version : Another idle issue

Ramonesfreak2010
02-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Whats up everyone? So I just started up my freshly built sr20. Everything was good until I went for my first drive. I literally went up the street and back. Ever since then, it doesn't keep an idle (atleast when it warms up). Once it warms up, the rpms will slowly decrease til it dies. I have searched multiple threads to find an answer, but nothing seems to work. I have to keep tapping the gas pedal to keep the car from dying. One thing that a friend pointed out to me was that I didn't have any exhaust piping on except for the turbo outlet. I didn't think it would have matter since I only drove up the street and back.

I've done the following:
-Adjust iacv
-Pinch the iacv hose from intercooler to see if idle returned to normal
-Check coilpacks
-Check injectors
-Checked for any vacuum leaks
-Changed my fuel pump to walbro (was going to do it regardless, but I read that it fixed the same issue for someone)
-Check sparkplugs
-Check connectors

Things I should do:
-Hook up the damn downpipe and exhaust
-Clean maf
-Check grounds
-Check timing (even tho I had the engine put together by Brian at MA-Motorsports)

Thats the only thing I can think of.

Soooo in conclusion, the car starts up, but once warmed up, idle will lower til engine dies. If I let go of the gas the car will die.

I haven't driven it since the first test drive because I'm afraid it'll cause damage. I do plan to put on the rest of the exhaust on, but it just snowed even tho it was 75 degrees like the day before (wtf). lol

Any ideas what else it could be? Thanks in advance.

slipandflow
02-23-2011, 03:03 PM
Its probably a bad MAF sensor. My car did the same thing. The rpm just randomly drops and dies. Its not the IACV cause the rpm usually jumps like a crazy monkey before the car dies. My car felt hella under power too. But you can try the MAF and see if it works for you. I just replaced mine and it went away. Also restored the HP :D

slipandflow
02-23-2011, 03:04 PM
Also there might be a vaccume leak

Ramonesfreak2010
02-23-2011, 04:23 PM
I checked for vacuum leaks but I found nothing. I'll try the MAF sensor then. Thanks

besTint
02-26-2011, 06:02 PM
ive has some shitty idle issues when my ecu temp sensor went bad. made the car run like shit and idle was jumpy and would stall.

cubbies1031
02-27-2011, 10:51 PM
sounds like a maf