PDA

View Full Version : Help make a 240sx Build Sheet

radhaz
09-23-2003, 12:07 AM
If this doesn't belong in the tech section please feel free to toss it wherever.

Ok I've had this Civic Duty (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0837602157/) book for some time now. I occasionally break it out for answering a question or two when it comes up. In the book theres a lengthy discussion on the build process of an import car which of course is geared towards the civic but general enough that it could be used anywhere. There's a table in it that I have always liked and think it could be very useful for making "build sheets" (aka dreamsheets).

The picture below is a rough draft of the table I have put together using the book's table as a reference and some of my own albeit limited personal knowledge. If folks wouldn't mind taking the time to peruse the list below make suggestions for changes and additions etc it would be really appreciated.

http://members.cox.net/radhazzone/240sx/table.gif

Some things I can already see I think that should get changed are:

Add a product in ENGINE for Engine Swap
Change the Sport category to Auto-X
Add a category for Drift

This table will only be as good as the community makes it but I think it would be useful in the long run.

hondaguy
09-23-2003, 12:29 AM
hahahah i remember seening that about a year ago when i wanted a HONDA SHOWCAR:nono: :loco: :duh: everything was in the show cat. but to some people this chart can be very helpful

FRpilot
09-23-2003, 01:00 AM
thats an ok concept. just change some of the things around. like lowering springs to coilovers. add some other things to suspension likt the various other bars. make a drivetrain section and include transmission in there. yada yada ayda.

radhaz
09-23-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by FRpilot
..Add some other things to suspension likt the various other bars. make a drivetrain section and include transmission in there. yada yada ayda.

Wha other various bars and what categories (strip, auto-x, etc) would they apply to?

Originally posted by FRpilot
..make a drivetrain section and include transmission in there. yada yada ayda.

There's already a section for transmissions.

I appreciate the feedback so far keep it coming :) I changed the categories up a bit to more accurately reflect what 240's are used for. Some more input from those of you who drift, drag, auto-x would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

radhaz
09-23-2003, 06:39 PM
No one else has any input?

DuffMan
09-23-2003, 10:56 PM
Cant drift on less than 17 inch wheels?

zenkiDori
09-24-2003, 12:33 AM
you don't need "exterior bling" to drift. that just one thing i thought needed changing. to be honest that is kinda useless.

240Stilo
09-24-2003, 12:44 AM
Why isn't the box marked for turbo car in auto-x? AceInHole shows that one is wrong. Other than that turbo cars are also involved with drifting. I don't like the chart I think it just shows personal preference.