PDA

View Full Version : ISIS Coilover Questions

s13.4coupe
02-20-2011, 01:53 PM
my car came on ISIS coils nd the guy didnt have the tool for them...can someone school me on how to adjust them the right way...i wanted to lower the car more, my fronts came loose after jackin up the car so the rings were really easy to move, but my backs werent the same, the srpings werent loose nd the rings wouldnt move at all, i know theres something im doing wrong...i wanna adjust these to be as functional as possible,i dont just wanna slam the car like u used to with my hondas lol...also wat else can i use to adjust them if i dont have the coilover tool?also, to adjust my camber plate is there nething else i have to losen up or do before doin it?...dont tell me the right thing to do is go buy new coilovers, i gotta work with what i got...thank u very much! my car kinda feels like it can run better if i do these the right way =)

bigs
02-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Different coilover, same idea:
http://www.jic-magic.com/Files/FLT-A2%20instruction%20(master)%20first%20page%20heigh t.pdf

If you don't have the spanner wrenches ("coilover tool"), you can just use a hammer and a screw driver to tighten/loosen the collars.

Also, you might want to post here next time to avoid conflict:

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/297481-small-questions-thread-use-insted-making-new-threads.html

drift213
02-20-2011, 02:16 PM
spray with wd40 get a hammer and a peace of metal or a good brand screw driver and lightly hit it and it should spin freely

s13.4coupe
02-20-2011, 02:26 PM
That was great!...just what i needed thank u so much!...i knew i was doing something wrong...in my car right now when i jack the car up, my spring comes fully loose, i thought to lower the car i had to lower the spring seat and the lock nut (completely wrong)....so after losening my bottom bracket nd tighten up my spring seat, if i wanna go lower the whole threaded part is supposed to go down?...nething u recommend using since i dont have the coil tool

Schassis707
02-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Use a rubber mallet and a flathead screwdriver... it is the easiest way. It is pretty much self explanitory..

s13.4coupe
02-21-2011, 06:44 PM
eyyy got them all fixed up!, my rears were a lil harder to move thow...thank u guys! rides way better now =)

CaptainVlad
02-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Well for one learn how to write...

Basically to lower or raise the car you screw in the bottom part up into the shock, or down.

After you screw them to the setting you want, just tighten the collars down.

As far as camber plates on the front, just loosen the 4 allen screws and adjust to desired setting, and then obviously re-tighten.