PDA

View Full Version : 361.7RWHP @17.5psi Tuned by Secret Services!

PSI240SX
09-21-2003, 10:55 PM
Hello all....
Today was an exhausting day to say the least.... Started wrenching just before 10:00am and got home at midnight! Started the day by installing a Garrett GT25R and then dyno tuning the car. Scott is pure genius.... We used his "Nissdata" programming and got the car tuned perfectly. Wanted to keep the AF's conservative for safety reasons due to stock headgasket. The car is a monster... pulls very smooth and hard! I always said that when I started really going at this car, I would bring it to Secret Services and let Scott tune it based on his accomplishments with the SR and his Nissdata. I am glad to say I was not dissapointed at all! Thanks to Mattback to for helping out all day! Gonna leave it alone for awhile til I can scrape together enough dough for Greddy Intake manifold, o2 housing, headgasket, headstuds, and Valve springs. Then we'll turn up the boost and really see what happens. Here's the graph:
http://www.planb-attack.com/jay/361.BMP

Whats weird is that all day I was hitting full boost at about 4200 but on this graph it is a lot higher.. I don't know why, maybe Scott can chime in and explain. ANyway mods are:
S13SR, GT25R .86 A/R, Tubular manifold, HKS actuator, 3" FUll exhaust, DP, Testpipe, Greddy VSPL, Tomei 740cc, Walbro, Z32 Mafs, HKS 264 cams, RAS, Nissdata ECU.

HaLo
09-21-2003, 11:06 PM
WOW! ThaT's great numbers. Pretty impressive.

I have a few friends up here in Montreal running the same turbo. It's a monster of a turbo. You won't regret that beast. :)

PSI240SX
09-22-2003, 03:13 PM
Uh... scratch the Nissdata ecu thing... I was told it is now called SSPL tuned rom.

memphiss13
09-22-2003, 07:11 PM
good numbers. any more info on the SSPL tuned rom? like cost, and how it compares to other computers out there?

zero.counter
09-22-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by PSI240SX
Uh... scratch the Nissdata ecu thing... I was told it is now called SSPL tuned rom.
Yeah, I saw that correction over at freshalloy. Nevertheless, that is a freaking great set of numbers you have! Now you can go and play with the Corvettes...:D

240Dave
09-22-2003, 07:29 PM
So when's this one going to be able to rape vipers?

HaLo
09-22-2003, 10:42 PM
With race tires, he should already whoop their asses! :p

My friend did an 11.5 down the 1/4 with that turbo on a s13 hatch with FULL interior! :)

DuffMan
09-23-2003, 11:08 AM
It hits boost later on the graph because there is less load on the engine on a dyno, and turbos spool quicker when the engine is under normal loads.

It's nice to see a dyno of the GT25R or GT25/40 or HKS GT2540 depending on what you want to call it.

Spool up is decent and power is great. Still its a bit too laggy for my tastes but a good option overall.

PSI240SX
09-23-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by HaLo
With race tires, he should already whoop their asses! :p

My friend did an 11.5 down the 1/4 with that turbo on a s13 hatch with FULL interior! :)

Gad damn! Any idea what he dynod? What boost? What mods?I need more than that damnit! heheheh

HaLo
09-23-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by PSI240SX
Gad damn! Any idea what he dynod? What boost? What mods?I need more than that damnit! heheheh

I believe he's boosting between 18-23psi on a GT25R. FMIC, HKS clutch, Toda Flywheel, 3" from turbo down, 550cc injectors, cobra mafs, reprogrammed ecu and a few more goodies.

Stock internals, head. Metal head gasket. That were his mods.

he was running drag radials though... and a bit wide. He was hitting constant hi-11s and a few 11.5s.

Don't worry, with the power you dynoed at, with drag tires, you'll run 11s!!

I'm not making close to your power and on street tires, I'm doing 13.3. My friend was doing 12.5 @ 120mph with street tires, your turbo and 14psi!!!