PDA

View Full Version : Keyless Entry

twitchy
09-21-2003, 03:54 PM
Anyone ever wire up their own keyless entry? (IE one that came with a car alarm) Any special parts you need? Any problems or concerns?

ultraprince
09-21-2003, 05:25 PM
I wired up some to my alarm. the only thing you need is the door actuators and a alarm or keyless entry unit. the only thing I wished I did different is run the wires to the doors outside the garage so I could open the doors all the way. I still have pains in my forearms from getting cut up in the small space.

black s13
09-21-2003, 05:30 PM
if you have a 89 or 90, the alarm system will just wire in, if its a later s13, you have to use a relay, that you can get at Crutchfield, or any other competint car electronics place. i have a 90, and the keyless entry literally took us 30 seconds, just taping into the wires.

twitchy
09-21-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by black s13
if you have a 89 or 90, the alarm system will just wire in, if its a later s13, you have to use a relay, that you can get at Crutchfield, or any other competint car electronics place. i have a 90, and the keyless entry literally took us 30 seconds, just taping into the wires.

mines a 1993...you say I need a relay...I think the system comes with them (are they the same relay for any car?)

also I dont get what a relay does in this sense, like i would have to tap the wires, into it right? does it require taking off the door panels?

what about remote windows? anyone do that?

thanks in advance!

black s13
09-21-2003, 10:03 PM
its been a while since i helped my friend on his 91, but ill try to recall as much as possible.

no idea about how specific the relays are, he got the ones made for his car, by the same company as the alarm.

you dont have to talk the panel off, you get to the wires in the kick panel, like above the fuse panel. make sure you have all the papers that explain all the wire colors, and where there located. from that, sit down, with the instructions from the alarm, and the sheet that gives the 240sx wiring, write on one of them what wires each connects to. that way, you can just go down the list, connecting the two wires you have written next to eachother.

hope this helps

black s13
09-21-2003, 10:03 PM
its been a while since i helped my friend on his 91, but ill try to recall as much as possible.

no idea about how specific the relays are, he got the ones made for his car, by the same company as the alarm.

you dont have to talk the panel off, you get to the wires in the kick panel, like above the fuse panel. make sure you have all the papers that explain all the wire colors, and where there located. from that, sit down, with the instructions from the alarm, and the sheet that gives the 240sx wiring, write on one of them what wires each connects to. that way, you can just go down the list, connecting the two wires you have written next to eachother.

hope this helps