PDA

View Full Version : When braking car pulls to the left..?

Holvinator
02-14-2011, 11:05 PM
:confused: Just got a rebuiled set of Z32 turbo calipers,new pads (Hawk) and rotors on my S14, replaced the brake master cylinder for a Z32 one and when braking car pulls to the left only.

Got any idea what this could be? Any input would be appreciate it. thanks

** my 1st thread by the way and its already a question lol **

Greetings to everyone from kissimmee, Florida!

KiLLeR2001
02-15-2011, 01:00 AM
Hello. Make sure your tire pressure is good. Get an alignment done. Did you bleed the brakes properly?

onehundredoctane
02-15-2011, 07:06 AM
Dang it! I had this same problem 3 or 4 months ago, but mine was pulling right instead, I've fixed the problem but for the life of me I can't remember what it ended up being! I wanna say that the brake pad wasn't moving freely inside the caliper bracket, but I could be wrong.

hOngsterr
02-15-2011, 08:56 AM
ima have to say,

its either your tires or your alignment.

worn down tires can do that, and alignment too.

Leetfade
02-15-2011, 09:01 AM
The tire / alignment issue would be consistent if it did it all the time, not just while braking..

If it's while braking, you have a caliper problem. Essentially, one caliper is pulling more duty than the other. Typically, it would mean that your RIGHT caliper is frozen if you're pulling left (right side is not braking so it's pushing the right side of the car forward while the left is stopping).

It could be a pinched brake line, it could be a frozen piston.

shiftdrift
02-15-2011, 09:11 AM
like leetfade said, the caliper is not functioning properly and getting the ammount of pressure it should, first i would try re-bleeding them to see if maybe there is some air in the line. if that doesn't do it it's most likely a bad caliper.

PNgo12
02-15-2011, 09:30 AM
Are your tension rods bolted down? If they're not down and you brake it starts to pull on the side it has fallen off on.

Holvinator
02-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Thanks for replying guys. I have 3 months old tires,have installed about 5 months ago Isis control arms (uses ball joints) and energy suspension bushing all around my car.

Tire pressure and balance are good, I checked it yesterday.

Got some comments from different shops & they are teling me either the brake pad on the right caliper its in an angle, brake lines are bad, right caliper has a frozen piston due to not cleaning it when rebuilding it or because the brake pad was put it on an angle that froze the piston. Other one said to check (brake control valve) or comething like that, supposly that part looks like a spider lol?? And that maybe were u bleed the caliper got broken when assembly it back again and that right caliper is not bleeding properly.

Leetfade
02-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Sounds familiar.. :ddog:

It would be difficult to put a pad in wrong. I guess anything is possible. I'd start with seeing if you can compress the caliper, checking the brake lines for any pinches / breaks, and go from there.

rastaman
01-26-2012, 07:25 PM
I am having the same issue..any fixes for this..

brndck
01-26-2012, 07:31 PM
did the car pull before you put these calipers and pads in???

if it didn't pull before, then its something in those parts. either one of the pistons is seized, or the pads aren't sliding properly on the pins, etc...

rastaman
01-26-2012, 07:42 PM
found this i might look into changing the front ball joints.

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/187113-brake-pull-right.html

r33nota240
01-26-2012, 08:30 PM
a frozen up guide pin on the caliper will cause the pad to wear like ur decribing

rastaman
01-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Replaced front lower ball joints still pulls when tapping on the breaks. Could it be the power steering rack?

slider2828
01-27-2012, 12:45 PM
As said before...

Alignment (Get it checked for free), Tension Rod (Check for play and measure the length of them), Tie Rod (Check for play), Front LCA ball joint, Tire Pressure, Wheel Bearing, Caliper Seizure, Master Cylinder...

Done./