PDA

View Full Version : Hit a curb, bent my coil's lower mount help ?

Ali 556
02-14-2011, 04:25 PM
well,

yesterday i hit a curb on my S14 going around 65mph, nothing broke (thank god) but the car has like -10* camper on the front driver side wheel, i was thinking maybe FLCA or something like this,

it turned out that the lower mount (the one attach to the spindle) of my HKS coil is bent, contacted HKS and they say that they will charge my 400$ for a complete "overhaul" of the strut :duh:

i remember seeing somewhere a company the sell the lower mount alone (megan IIRC), so does any one know if it even possibly to replace the mount ?

i really love my HKS coils :(

BOXCAR
02-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Cut your losses and upgrade with stances or PBM

h2v7
02-14-2011, 05:40 PM
DRIFT FAIL!!!!!!!

sucks tho time for new coilovers!

KaminaSan
02-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Dude... you want to play drift king in the streets, you gotta be able to afford a good lawyer, and have a good job, for when you get arrested, and or crash into shit.

Lesson learned?

Buy a new set of front coils.

codyace
02-14-2011, 06:18 PM
If you hit something hard enough to bend a coilover, you've got more issues to address, to include bent tie rods, bent tension arms, and possibly ruined hubs. You have have even shifted the subframe itself or bent the frame spending on how hard it was hit.

KaminaSan
02-14-2011, 06:21 PM
If you hit something hard enough to bend a coilover, you've got more issues to address, to include bent tie rods, bent tension arms, and possibly ruined hubs. You have have even shifted the subframe itself or bent the frame spending on how hard it was hit.

Dude he was going 65mph. I'm amazed he didn't flip his car over the curb.

Jonnie Fraz
02-14-2011, 06:25 PM

Cody is right. Your coil over is not the weak link in the chain. These cars are designed to have sacrificial parts. Ie lower control arms, tie rods ect

rb25_s13*CHUKI
02-14-2011, 06:31 PM
DRIFT FAIL!!!!!!!

sucks tho time for new coilovers!

Ooooooh shit mr cool guy!! He says drift fail!!!!! Awesome your part of the awesome Internet lingo now!

codyace
02-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Dude he was going 65mph. I'm amazed he didn't flip his car over the curb.

LOOOL!

I'll be the first to admit, that I went off at Pocono once at 85ish MPH (brakes failed as I was slowing) and even just hitting some of the ruts in the field bent my inner tie rod...I can only imagine hitting a curb at almost the same speed haha

rb25_s13*CHUKI
02-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Dude... you want to play drift king in the streets, you gotta be able to afford a good lawyer, and have a good job, for when you get arrested, and or crash into shit.

Lesson learned?

Buy a new set of front coils.

Thats funny cause probably 98% of the people on here have and or do drift on the street.. Maybe your just a little girl and dont take any kind of risk? cause u cant afford ur lawyer? lololol.. Look at you Lesson learned? Hell naw get new shit n try again