PDA

View Full Version : One more 240sx climbing up the rankings...

HaLo
09-20-2003, 09:03 PM
Well, waddya know! I finished 4th in my class today! I must thank the s14 seats and the harness. I must also thank all you guys that have been giving me tips and tricks since I'm posting in this section.

Now back to the real world... I finished 4th because we were only 7 in our class... and also because 1 car went out of course (result: broken rad) and the 3 drivers off this car could not get one lapped run. So basically, I finished 4th out of 4.

However, here are the good news:
1. I had the best time today out of the people running street tires.
2. I was only 3 seconds off the leader on a 85 second course.
3. I any other class, I would've been in the top 8. :)

So basically, this was a very good day. One more event left this year... Next year, I'll be in the hunt for a podium. :p

zero.counter
09-20-2003, 09:13 PM
Congrats man! :aw:

Rennen
09-20-2003, 09:25 PM
Congrats man! I know what you mean about the 4th out of 7 thing, I get that alot too, one time I got first place, because all the good divers in my class didn't show up/got new cars.

Originally posted by HaLo
85 second course.

85 second course:eek: where do you guys run at? All of the courses I have ever run at were around 50 seconds, and those were fairly big parking lots.

-Matt

HaLo
09-20-2003, 11:00 PM
We got a few 85 second course, somes 70s... our lowest have been 45-50 second courses.

We get long courses because all our event are on real skidpads or road course circuits.. We don't get parking lot events. Too much problems with authorities I guess (ie: Canadian Auto-X gets shut down).

97DubTruck
09-29-2003, 10:39 AM
i want to go to a real skidpad I'm kinda sick of parking lots. I actually saw a civic hit a light pole at an autocross at like a movie theater parking lot autocross. it could have been me....:D

CoasTek240
11-01-2003, 09:04 AM
great to hear. i wish we had some skidpads in the area. i'd like to go buck-wild on one of those and let loose.

AceInHole
11-03-2003, 12:35 PM
Someday you gotta come down to a New England event (NESCC or NER).... although 240sxONE was planning on doing a meet with 240sxSON (Southern Ontario).... should just invade an autocross up there while we're at it :D

HaLo
11-03-2003, 02:12 PM
Next year, if money permits, I'll do one event with you guys!!! :)

After all, it's only a 5-6 hours drive. ;)

Halz
11-03-2003, 05:59 PM
Come on out to one of our events here in the Bay Area of California and get humbled by one of the six National Champions, or one of the 20 others that took a trophy of some sort in the 2003 Nationals

Why.. just yesterday, I was only about ~5 sec off this ~400HP, 275 front, 315 rear Hoosier wearing SM class monster.
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/awaher/yellow.jpg
But thats maybe not as impressive as the FP class 'M3' on slicks which beat this car above by 3 more seconds, and beat out the shifter karts by a few hundreths pulling in a ~41.8--

..there'll be no 240SX climing up the rankings out here.. well. maybe a stock one will have a chance within its class.. maybe

AceInHole
11-03-2003, 06:56 PM
lol..... those supercharged M3's are my target for next year :p i'll get them, someday :coolugh:

HaLo
11-03-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Halz
Come on out to one of our events here in the Bay Area of California and get humbled by one of the six National Champions, or one of the 20 others that took a trophy of some sort in the 2003 Nationals

Why.. just yesterday, I was only about ~5 sec off this ~400HP, 275 front, 315 rear Hoosier wearing SM class monster.
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/awaher/yellow.jpg
But thats maybe not as impressive as the FP class 'M3' on slicks which beat this car above by 3 more seconds, and beat out the shifter karts by a few hundreths pulling in a ~41.8--

..there'll be no 240SX climing up the rankings out here.. well. maybe a stock one will have a chance within its class.. maybe

Yeah... I guess our area sucks. ;)

That's why when 4 of our guys went to the Nationals, they managed to bring back 3 trophys, after a 20ish hour drive. :)

I won't have any chance agaisnt these people: my pockets aren't as deep. Anyways, I'm not competing Nationally and luckily for me, I'm on the other coast. :p

AceInHole
11-04-2003, 10:19 AM
Yeah... the Northeast Division only managed 7 National Championships this year, 3 of them Regional Competitors.

Good thing I'm only directly competing against these guys in Pro Class next year.... :coolugh:

So anyways: I've got (well, picking up) a set of 225 wide R15 Hoosiers (Autox compound) this week (used set). If you come down early enough next year (before someone else abuses them to the chords) then I'll mount 'em on some 4 lug wheels for ya :D

SpeedMonkeyInc
11-05-2003, 01:32 PM
Way to go guys!

last two events I have run I placed 7th put of 15 cars. I am pretty happy with the results, as it is a pretty big improvment for me.

HaLo
11-05-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by AceInHole
Yeah... the Northeast Division only managed 7 National Championships this year, 3 of them Regional Competitors.

Good thing I'm only directly competing against these guys in Pro Class next year.... :coolugh:

So anyways: I've got (well, picking up) a set of 225 wide R15 Hoosiers (Autox compound) this week (used set). If you come down early enough next year (before someone else abuses them to the chords) then I'll mount 'em on some 4 lug wheels for ya :D

That would seriously rock. You'll have to give me the schedule when it comes out. I'll do my best to go down there. :) Maybe my roommate would also come. (He owns a Black Sentra SE 2001)

bobmeindertsma
11-05-2003, 02:31 PM
:D

bobmeindertsma
11-05-2003, 02:33 PM
real tracks and skid pads that crazy.

I just started auto-x this year out west and it seriously addictive
as well as costly, since now that ive done it i have this need to do better.
anyways the last event this year was on an airstrip.
Very Very cool
the drive up to the course was a nice and wide and long air strip
and on either side of the strip there were army dudes doing drills and stuff while all these car where rippin back and forth
very fun can't wait to go next year.

Btw is there a huge handling difference between generic strut bars and brand name strut Bars?

AceInHole
11-05-2003, 05:44 PM
That would seriously rock. You'll have to give me the schedule when it comes out. I'll do my best to go down there. :) Maybe my roommate would also come. (He owns a Black Sentra SE 2001)
LoL... my neighbor has an STS Maroon SE 2001 (the Potatoe) :p that would be INTERESTING.

Rennen
11-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Weirdness!

My good autoX buddy races his Black '01 Spec-V

OK, who here doesn't autocross with a Sentra?:p

-Matt

THX1138
11-05-2003, 08:05 PM
Both of the guys in my local club who had Spec V's sold them in summer of 2002. One got a 1994 Miata, the other got a SVT Focus, which he sold back to Ford as a stinky lemon and got a 1999 BMW M Coupe.

HaLo
11-05-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Rennen
OK, who here doesn't autocross with a Sentra?:p

-Matt

I don't! :p After seeing the steering input you have to do in a Sentra, I wouldn't race no fwd cars. :)

AceInHole
11-05-2003, 11:56 PM
I don't! :p After seeing the steering input you have to do in a Sentra, I wouldn't race no fwd cars. :)

Heh... I got into a big argument with my friend when I co-drove his car at the last event, about tire pressures dulling his "feel" for the car, making him require more steering input.

I'm like "the car is FWD.... you think you have ANY feel through the front?"

He usually has it set up so the car oversteers like MAD :doh: So I dropped the pressures down and raped the the guys left in the Street Modified class in his B15 SE with I/H/E and a rear sway (won STS class, placed 2nd in Run-Offs [because of 2 cones]) :p

http://www.nescc.org/2003/results/09-OpenChallenge.html

P.s. w/o Azenis, too :coolugh:

Rennen
11-06-2003, 12:16 AM
Yeah, I drove my friend's SpecV, and it was 1.5 seconds faster than my times in the 240 around a 45 second course. And my 240 time won G Stock. The LSD helped it pull out of the corners while understeering, and the engine was quite a bit more powerful than mine, since I don't have one of those newfangled turbocharger thingys;)

But it still didn't feel as good as my S13. As a matter of fact, after driving my car, my friend wants a S13 coupe.

-Matt

AceInHole
11-06-2003, 12:22 AM
tires make a huge diff, though.
my car was definitely faster than the B15.... but that's with 250hp, slicks, suspension...... i wonder, stock for stock which would really be faster??

Rennen
11-06-2003, 07:31 AM
Both our cars were stock. I was on Azenis, and he was on stock tires. His car was 1.5seconds faster, but that was my first event on Azenis, so I hadnt quite learned thier grip yet. And with all the oil that pours out of my tailpipe during an autocross, I seriously doubt my car is making stock horsepower:wtc: But excuses aside, with me driving, his SpecV was faster.

-Matt

No Motiv
11-19-2003, 08:59 PM
its good to see some happy HICAS. Congrads

S14TiNMAN
12-01-2003, 05:07 PM
civic, light pole. HAHAHA. :p

HaLo
12-02-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by S14TiNMAN
civic, light pole. HAHAHA. :p

And what are you talking about?:confused:

sxavior
12-19-2003, 10:37 AM
I have auto-x'd my old 92 se-r, rip. And that car was fun with agx's and ground controls. But now i have an 03 Spec-V and a 1990 240 both bone stock and even though the Spec-V is faster the 240 is way more fun.