PDA

View Full Version : radiator support

hondaguy
09-19-2003, 03:36 AM
well thanks to my one of a kind driving skills i rearended someone and now my radiator support all jacked up and im having trouble finding another one?also how hard is it to put back?you have to weld it to the frame right?thanks i need the help:confused:

-E-
09-19-2003, 04:13 PM
did you jack up the whole support or the upper tie bar?

hondaguy
09-20-2003, 03:05 AM
yea the whole thing is twisted but.....theres two sreet guards on front of the radiator those arent bent,but i just want to buy a whole new support.

FRpilot
09-20-2003, 11:56 AM
im pretty sure you have to take out the old one and weld in the new one. try junkyards maybe? theres a list of them in the links section.

niss
09-20-2003, 12:22 PM
i was involved in a minor front end collision and the same thing happened to my upper radiator support. i was able to find one at my local nissan dealership (mossy nissan). it was $150. and yes, you have to weld it back into place. also, dont forget to check the headlight mounts connected to the upper radiator support so that you wont have to make more than one trip to your locas dealership. good luck!

-E-
09-20-2003, 02:27 PM
you might ass well take it to the shop cuz you need tools like welder air chisel etc. and if you never used an air chisel you can realy tear up the panles.

hondaguy
09-20-2003, 03:07 PM
well i just got done from pulling the frame myself i got a tow hook and put it on another car now its straight again now i just need new fenders hoods but thanks for all the help