PDA

View Full Version : wtb: s13 sr20det stock fuel rail no injectors

Vatche
02-09-2011, 12:57 AM
s13 sr20det stock fuel rail no injectors

anyone got one of these laying around?

prefer local pick up but shipped is ok if its cheap enough

im installing 550cc injectors and its a pain in the ass to remove the stock ones, so i was just gonna sell them in the rail.

thanks

sr kid 88
02-09-2011, 07:04 AM
I got one $30 shipped

racer98
02-09-2011, 09:14 AM
s13 sr20det stock fuel rail no injectors

anyone got one of these laying around?

prefer local pick up but shipped is ok if its cheap enough

im installing 550cc injectors and its a pain in the ass to remove the stock ones, so i was just gonna sell them in the rail.

thanks

trick is on these is you eill need the followin

1) needel nose vice grips - since the screws on the caps that hold them in can easily get stripped
2) leave it out in the sun for a while so it gets warm and looses up a bit
3) you need these

http://www.encorestore.com/catalog/6ln_lg.jpg
http://www.toolking.com/media/catalog/product/p/e/peformance_w941_01.jpg
you will need

from left to right #1 and #4 of those.

once you get the Philips screws out, take the cap off and put the screws back in do not tighten them up, put them in 1/2 way, once you do this make sure you have the rail fasten in the on the motor or a vice, do not do this on the floor or you will crack the plastic tips

now since you left rail out in the sun to warm up a bit now you will notice 2 holes that are on the opposite ends of each others near the screw place the small tip into the slot and pressure on both ends and push down and they will pop right out.

good luck, just make sure you buy new gasket rings for the other ones your putting in because if not they will start leaking right away.

good luck :)

Vatche
02-09-2011, 10:43 AM
ok thanks sir. i will try that. if not i will look to buy some.

do you by chance know where i should look for the gasket rings for sti injectors other than just googling it

traxx07
02-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Spray with WD40/PB Blaster and let it soak then just a big flat head to pry out. Easy.

If not then I have one ready to go. Throw me an offer.

GroundPerformance
02-09-2011, 01:49 PM
I got one for $10. Or just use a small vice grip pliers and clamp it on the head of the screw just to break it loose.

racer98
02-09-2011, 02:48 PM
ok thanks sir. i will try that. if not i will look to buy some.

do you by chance know where i should look for the gasket rings for sti injectors other than just googling it

i dont know on the STI ones I thought you bought a set of the SARD's that should come with the gaskets or might talk with one of the vendors who sell them, since things are going to be out change them.

Spray with WD40/PB Blaster and let it soak then just a big flat head to pry out. Easy..

It will slip and not the best idea to remove them you will need needle nose plyers that curve in ward to get the stock injector out and do not attempt to take off the phlips screws with a regular screwdriver they will get stripped and mared so bad you cant get them off. just as a heads up.

Or just use a small vice grip pliers and clamp it on the head of the screw just to break it loose.
thank you ^^^^^^

Vatche
02-09-2011, 05:32 PM
you guys are all awesome i got lucky and got a fuel rail locally at BesTint this morning.

so i dont have to deal with taking out the injectors.

just need to slap the ones i have in, ill look into the gasket rings.

racer98
02-09-2011, 05:38 PM
you guys are all awesome i got lucky and got a fuel rail locally at BesTint this morning.

so i dont have to deal with taking out the injectors.

just need to slap the ones i have in, ill look into the gasket rings.

hi, btw when removing the fuel rail there are plastic thick washer just under where the bolts hold the fuel rail on the motor, make sure you have a hand down there to catch them when you pull the fuel rail off and dont drop them down in the intake manifold..........

Vatche
02-10-2011, 01:15 PM
yes that was one thing i did right i hope this thread and your information helps people in the future.

i got my fuel rail and installed my sti injectors in 5 minutes it was very easy.

racer98
02-10-2011, 04:34 PM
yes that was one thing i did right i hope this thread and your information helps people in the future.

i got my fuel rail and installed my sti injectors in 5 minutes it was very easy.

good deal and yes you seen what I ment on the screws holding in the injectors ?

Vatche
02-10-2011, 11:09 PM
good deal and yes you seen what I ment on the screws holding in the injectors ?

yeah thats funny because the first injector cap i removed came right off with the screwdriver, but on the other ones i had to use the needle nose vice grips. and wd40

but my sti injectors are installed in the fuel rail and ready to go, now im wiring in my clips.

today has been a long day ive spent about 6 hours working on the car so far, non stop. this isnt a build thread though so ill shut up haha.