PDA

View Full Version : My sr20 was running fine till 30mins ago. Now It won't crank.

jiwon85
01-27-2011, 07:13 PM
Just like my title stated. It was running fine but now it won't crank!

Recently, I had problem about this black wire keep getting loosen connected on the starter. Of course, it didnt crank at all. But whenever it happened, I connected it and turned the engine on.
After driving for awhile, I parked it to togo something to eat and came back to turn the engine on, it didn't crank!

so I thought that the black wire was loosen again, but it wasn't..

So what would be the possible problems causing not cranking at all?!
I hear clicking sound whenever I turn the key on the ignition.

Any replies will be helpful!

Just called towtruck and came back home! Connected the black wire back, still not cranking!:rl:

Pure_JDM
01-27-2011, 07:19 PM
Check the tightness of the wire... Even though it's connected, it might not be tight enough to be making proper connection. My other guess would be to check your main fuse (s) just in case you shorted something while it was loose. (I doubt it since it was a ground wire, or was it)

jiwon85
01-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Check the tightness of the wire... Even though it's connected, it might not be tight enough to be making proper connection. My other guess would be to check your main fuse (s) just in case you shorted something while it was loose. (I doubt it since it was a ground wire, or was it)

http://i2.frsimg.com/images/detailed_images/Mishimoto_MMSTART-SR20_04.jpg
It was that lil knob I connected the blackwire on.

jiwon85
01-27-2011, 08:07 PM
I think it's already tighten up. The fuses are good in the box right next to the battery.
Do I have to check fuses under the steering wheel?

jiwon85
01-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Found the problem... clutch button wasnt pushed enough.. Thanks jdm