PDA

View Full Version : what's it called?

prInce
09-15-2003, 12:38 AM
sorry to be askin a dumb question but i been goin crazy tryin to figure out what this part's called... i used to know but now i forgot :) pic attached below (easier than explainin what i'm askin for)
i'm gonna look for this part at the reckers... how much should i be payin for this?... anyone sellin this part for a '95 240?
in case you're wonderin, i just bought a '95 240 and it comes with the bose cd/cassette and i wanna replace it with a custom stereo but don't want a big ugly hole beneath the new stereo..

ridebmx
09-15-2003, 01:11 AM
dealer has it, iirc its like 10 bucks new, a yard will probaby charge a couple bucks, maybe 5...

radhaz
09-15-2003, 01:13 AM
"din insert" maybe?

s13silady
09-15-2003, 06:53 AM
radhaz is correct...

im assuming that yours came with a double din deck...

if your getting a new deck then you could just go to frys, buy the din converter... the top part will be your deck... and the bottom will be a little din pocket to keep stuff in...

prInce
09-15-2003, 03:30 PM
yes! the din pocket... ok so i'll get it from the wrecker... anyone on this forum sellin it? maybe partin out or somethin?

you guys're right, the car has a bose cd and cassette and therefore no din

thanks guys&gals :bowdown:

soulDistortion
09-15-2003, 05:23 PM
You're better off just getting it from the wrecker.

Unless someone on the forum is willing to give it to you for free and lives nearby, the cost will be about the same without the warm fuzzy feeling you get from instant gratification.

gsu240
09-16-2003, 12:40 AM
you could just get it at any good sound shop that installs. all the nissan "dins" are the same size, i got mine at a local sound store and it was $20