PDA

View Full Version : Nakamura banned from D1GP/D1SL

DenkiMan!
01-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Naoki Nakamura, the driver of the purple Team BURST coupe, was banned from competing in the D1 grand prix and D1 street legal series after the league heard about his arrest for illegal street drifting. Nakamura is a beast driver, and its too bad he ended his D1 career like this...people are hoping he shows up in the new league Tsuchiya is working on.

Stories below:

http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagames/NFS/speedhunters.com/Images/Dino%20Dalle%20Carbonare/2011/JAN2011/TAS-P2/IMG_0485.jpg
(Nakamura's car on the right)

"The big news at the show yesterday was that Naoki Nakamura of Team Burst was once again arrested for illegal street drifting. At the same time the sentencing from a previous offense came through, consisting of a two-year driver's license suspension and a pretty hefty fine. Upon hearing this, the D1 Corporation instantly banned him indefinitely from competing in D1 Grand Prix and D1 Street Legal. Today, some of the D1 Corporation people headed over to the D-Max stand where his cars are on display and removed his name from both, along with the D1 windscreen banners." - SpeedHunters

(that story came from this past TAS, so it was pretty recent.)

teh smithers
01-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Read this on Speedhunters yesterday...bummed to hear it. I can't wait for the new series that Tsuchiya is cooking up though. Hopefully Nakamura will be allowed to drive in that.

ILoveMyRHS13
01-17-2011, 12:10 PM
This is about the 9,000th time he's been arrested for street drifting. Only difference now is that D1's head-honchos are douchebags and they don't want to look bad.

Dee
01-17-2011, 12:11 PM
ouch...that sucks. :(

holybushoffire
01-17-2011, 12:17 PM
It's unfortunate that he was banned was drifting in the street, as we all know is just plain stupid. What if they banned him because he was street drifting and wrecked? All the comments made wouldn't be in hopes of his return.

GabeS14
01-17-2011, 12:23 PM
It's unfortunate that he was banned was drifting in the street, as we all know is just plain stupid. What if they banned him because he was street drifting and wrecked? All the comments made wouldn't be in hopes of his return.

It's part of the drift culture in Japan to street drift..ummm..thats how the whole option videos even started by filming street drifting...lol
They are only doing this because D1 is an international organization now....
It's pretty much an accepted thing to do...in Japan, people know where the drifting happens and they avoid those areas late at night.

Banana_Cute
01-17-2011, 12:32 PM
damn that sucks... cant wait for the event Tsuchiya is putting together.. hopefully it makes it state side soon.

holybushoffire
01-17-2011, 12:45 PM
It's part of the drift culture in Japan to street drift..ummm..thats how the whole option videos even started by filming street drifting...lol
They are only doing this because D1 is an international organization now....
It's pretty much an accepted thing to do...in Japan, people know where the drifting happens and they avoid those areas late at night.

In my haste to post I completely forgot that this was in Japan. Even so, you would think being a professional drifter he would have somewhere to drift that others might not, somewhere away from the street.

DenkiMan!
01-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Here is the report of his arrest from a japanese site covering the story. i got this from drifting.com...someone translated it on there i guess. warning - broken english lol

" 大阪 Osaka

Traffic law violation: they arrested on suspicion of drift racers - Minoo / Osaka

As repeated in the mountains of dangerous driving Minoo City, traffic police department has 11 investigators, a professional racer, Mr. Nakamura Naoki (28) Sakurai, Nara-City, Toyama, a 16-man traffic law violation and colleagues (co-risk behavior ) announced that it has arrested.

Suspect arrest Nakamura early morning on August 1 last year, using a car modified in the way government's 粟生間谷 Minoh, sideslip at high speed vehicle "drift" was driving dangerous, such as trying to.

According to the MPD, Mr. Nakamura has won the domestic competition have experience racer drift. "I wanted to practice" and that the suspect admitted. 【茶谷亮】 [R.] Chatani "

here is the site link: 道交法違反:容疑で㠃‰ãƒªãƒ•ãƒˆèµ°è¡Œã®ãƒ¬ãƒ¼ã‚µãƒ ¼ã‚‰é€®æ•ï¼ï¼ç®•é¢ã€€ï¼ ¤§é˜ª - 毎日jp(毎日新聞) (http://mainichi.jp/area/osaka/news/20110112ddlk27040299000c.html)

im guessing Minoo City is a fairly popular place for drifters in Osaka, because the mountain roads are so close to the city. so its not really like Nakamura couldnt find a better place, he goes there alot, and police dont often disturb them

zspeedrft
01-17-2011, 01:06 PM
hey practice makes perfect!...sucks to hear though

omgRWDgoodness!
01-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Street Drifting

Those who can, do. Those who can't, complain.

JohnnyDrfiter22
01-17-2011, 01:23 PM
I don't think the D1 owners are douchebags, they are protecting the sport. It be just like if a Famous pro sports player did something illegal, fined and possibly kicked out the leaugue.

DenkiMan!
01-17-2011, 01:23 PM
lol he just wanted to practice

DenkiMan!
01-17-2011, 01:26 PM
Street Drifting

Those who can, do. Those who can't, complain.

lol! i like it...

and yea, im sure theyve somewhat at least heard of his multiple arrests in the past, but towards the end of D1, i guess they are trying to make a point in saying enough is enough.

whiterps13
01-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Gay. Who gives a shit. D1 is done anyways.

NiSilS14
01-17-2011, 01:49 PM
+1

Now there is absolutely nothing to look forward to in D1.

dsc4130
01-17-2011, 02:31 PM
+2, i really wasnt not impressed when they were in chicago. we spent 3 days getting my friends car together following to rules to the tee and they kicked the tires and said the car was ok. lol

they wouldnt have D1 with out street drifting, they should just deal with it

MidwestMyriad
01-17-2011, 02:43 PM
+3 on Chicago, D1 on the downslope.

codyace
01-17-2011, 04:06 PM
people still drift?

;)

Shame that this is how it came out. You would never see any major racing body ban/fine/suspend a driver for tickets or speeding..

Moon Ill
01-17-2011, 04:08 PM
They wouldn't have NASCAR without bootlegging either.

If (First Name) (Last name that sounds like it could be a first name) got arrested for excessive Speeding [arbitrarily, let's say 150+] NASCAR would probably ban that driver too.
Endangerment is endangerment and I don't blame D1 for doing what they did.

However, bad boys make sports cool and brings attention which usually brings money. It would have been a better financial decision to allow him to stay (maybe), but we can just agree they're trying to promote a clean image.

sidewaysil80
01-17-2011, 04:35 PM
fucked up thing is, i have an option vid where they are hosting a team drift battle on various togue spots throughout japan. mana p and nomuken are hosting it. just goes to show they how screwed up they are. they didn't mind using street drifting/touges to drum up and tap into popularity but as soon as they got it they turned their back on the whole culture.

brndck
01-17-2011, 05:14 PM
This was a very lame decision on the part of d1.
I could understand a ban for a few events or possibly even an entire season, but an indefinite ban just shows how desperate they are for approval.
Yes they need to put on a good show for the public by voicing disapproval for nakamuras arrest, but it is ludicrous for them to be this harsh against someone who participates in something that 90%+ of d1 participants has been filmed doing.

boobs13
01-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Damn that sucks....

sidewaysil80
01-17-2011, 05:22 PM
This was a very lame decision on the part of d1.
I could understand a ban for a few events or possibly even an entire season, but an indefinite ban just shows how desperate they are for approval.
Yes they need to put on a good show for the public by voicing disapproval for nakamuras arrest, but it is ludicrous for them to be this harsh against someone who participates in something that 90%+ of d1 participants has been filmed doing.

+1 message length

previa19
01-17-2011, 05:38 PM
I don't think the D1 owners are douchebags, they are protecting the sport. It be just like if a Famous pro sports player did something illegal, fined and possibly kicked out the leaugue.

no your wrong, think first. famous pro sports doing something illegal=obvious ban
he was practicing and although its illegal, thats all he was doing. not taking steroids or doin coke or drugs.

back to the point, it sucks that hes banned but D1 went downhill anyway, thats why tsuchiya and dai are starting their own things.

k0013
01-17-2011, 05:42 PM
fucked up thing is, i have an option vid where they are hosting a team drift battle on various togue spots throughout japan. mana p and nomuken are hosting it. just goes to show they how screwed up they are. they didn't mind using street drifting/touges to drum up and tap into popularity but as soon as they got it they turned their back on the whole culture.

I know I've got that same dvd. its the street tribe heaven dvd. They even tell you where they are going and how bad the cops are are each spot. At any rate the D1 that exists today is not the same D1 we all came up on. The spirtuual forefathers are gone and so is the very soul of the league itself.

blue rexsti
01-17-2011, 06:04 PM
damn, that sucks but thats where street drifting gets you

codyace
01-17-2011, 06:27 PM
If (First Name) (Last name that sounds like it could be a first name) got arrested for excessive Speeding [arbitrarily, let's say 150+] NASCAR would probably ban that driver too.

No they don't, nor haven't. Same with F1.

fckillerbee
01-17-2011, 06:37 PM
d1gp should be banned for even taking "cool" out of the sport. Fuck those guys. I stopped watching d1gp 2 years ago cause it was just getting lamer and lamer.

smelly240
01-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Tomas Scheckter gets speeding ticket before Indy 500 - Motor News | FOX Sports on MSN (http://msn.foxsports.com/motor/story/Tomas-Scheckter-speeding-ticket-Indy-500-053010)

No he was not banned or anything... yes he was speeding and weaving in/out of traffic.

Imarvin240
01-17-2011, 07:05 PM
thats beat, he already lost his license and has a huge fine...i dont get why that cant be enough.

s14freak93901
01-17-2011, 07:20 PM
but what D1 driver doesn't street drift? nakamura just happened to get caught.

DenkiMan!
01-17-2011, 08:27 PM
but what D1 driver doesn't street drift? nakamura just happened to get caught.

yea i think thats one of the main reasons D1's punishment was so severe. think about it, whens the last time a D1 driver, besides nakamura, was arrested for street drifting? it doesnt happen that often...and with a rapsheet like nakamura's, D1GP was probably just like we cant allow this to continue so openly. they know they cant all of the sudden say street drifting is too dangerous and advertise not to do it, since they have dedicated parts of the option video series to finding the drift hotspots around japan. itd be contradicting since basically all of the professional drivers got skilled on mountain passes.

with that said, and considering (correct if im wrong) this is nakamura's first sentencing, i guess they just wanted to make the point of not having drivers disrespect the name of D1 by openly getting in trouble with the law

BKangS14
01-17-2011, 09:03 PM
i guess you just got to be more careful..i have his car as my wallpaper lol

codyace
01-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Tomas Scheckter gets speeding ticket before Indy 500 - Motor News | FOX Sports on MSN (http://msn.foxsports.com/motor/story/Tomas-Scheckter-speeding-ticket-Indy-500-053010)

Exactly. There are countless other stories like this. REAL racing bodies could car less. Figure skating (d1) does. Shucks.Thank god you and I think alike.

yea i think thats one of the main reasons D1's punishment was so severe. think about it, whens the last time a D1 driver, besides nakamura, was arrested for street drifting? it doesnt happen that often...and with a rapsheet like nakamura's, D1GP was probably just like we cant allow this to continue so openly. they know they cant all of the sudden say street drifting is too dangerous and advertise not to do it, since they have dedicated parts of the option video series to finding the drift hotspots around japan. itd be contradicting since basically all of the professional drivers got skilled on mountain passes.

with that said, and considering (correct if im wrong) this is nakamura's first sentencing, i guess they just wanted to make the point of not having drivers disrespect the name of D1 by openly getting in trouble with the law

D1 sucks.

mothon
01-18-2011, 01:06 AM
Bring him to USA.

Skyn
01-18-2011, 01:34 AM
i guess you just got to be more careful..i have his car as my wallpaper lol

lol so do i its sad tho

nicho919
01-18-2011, 02:05 AM
D1 blows. Bring on Keiichi and Dai's event.

josephin510
01-18-2011, 02:06 AM
Just not cali
Bring him to USA.

Slidin' Sam
01-18-2011, 02:10 AM
Pretty much every D1 driver goes Touge.

Option's association w/ D1 I think is slowly coming to an end. (Option is Dai-chan more than D1)

I think he originally had his license suspended, and then right after that he got caught again, so they banned him.

New D1 is not Dai/Tsuchiya, so it is not Touge friendly and it is trying to break away from them.

Dai-chan/KT protected D1 drivers who street drifted before.

Nakamura will go play in MSC now.

WanganNastyMachine
01-18-2011, 07:19 AM

Option's association w/ D1 I think is slowly coming to an end. (Option is Dai-chan more than D1)

I think he originally had his license suspended, and then right after that he got caught again, so they banned him.

New D1 is not Dai/Tsuchiya, so it is not Touge friendly and it is trying to break away from them.

Exactly!

I hope Nakamura does well away from D1. The series has lost popularity anyways so its not horrible timing. I can only hope he will be allowed to compete in the next drift series that Dai/KT makes.

OBEEWON
01-18-2011, 07:48 AM
Street drifting is so cool. Even if someone dies.

Future_gohan
01-18-2011, 07:58 AM

x22 It sucks to hear about the fines and stuff, but I hope he makes it to the new events

nicho919
01-18-2011, 08:22 AM
Anyone remember that Tsuchiya had issues with his professional racing licenses because he used to race on the street? Nakamura will be allowed in his new organization. Tsuchiya did warn people, but he's not gonna douche it up, since he came from the togue.

sidewaysil80
01-18-2011, 08:27 AM
Anyone remember that Tsuchiya had issues with his professional racing licenses because he used to race on the street? Nakamura will be allowed in his new organization. Tsuchiya did warn people, but he's not gonna douche it up, since he came from the togue.

yes back in the day but if you search you will see that tsuchia has taken a permanent anti-street racing stance since the late 80's. this may or may not have been as result of his actions/fines. but in bmi's and options he ALWAYS makes a point to discourage street drifting/racing. i don't think he'll be as severe bu i'm pretty sure he will still be quick on the suspensions.

Michael Nolan
01-18-2011, 08:35 AM
If he like... killed somebody street drifting it would be understandable... but I mean c'mon... Dudes just tryin' to have fun. Indefinite ban is wack.

nicho919
01-18-2011, 08:38 AM
Look at the episode of Hot version where he was drifting the cop car. He was like "On the one hand, we need safety on the roads, on the other, I don't want the guys I trained chasing me."

tricky_ab
01-18-2011, 08:42 AM

They have a "best of" D1SL bonus DVD (I forgot the years mentioned) with the lastest issue of Option2 in Japan right now. It's like a "It's been fun kids, we'll see you in the new series" kind of thing. I'm thinking March or April is the last you'll see of D1 being mentioned in Option magazines.

This is about the 9,000th time he's been arrested for street drifting. Only difference now is that D1's head-honchos are douchebags and they don't want to look bad.

THIS! He already had another charge pending before this. He got booked again and instead of another fine, they hit his wallet AND suspended his driving licence.

I look forward to seeing him tearing it up in another series!

alexanderig
01-18-2011, 09:02 AM

this isnt the same as a pro athlete being banned. a football player doesnt get banned for practicing his sport on the streets.

Taniguchi_Is_#1
01-18-2011, 12:18 PM
speeding is viewed differently by the public at large, whereas street drifting/racing is alway going to be a negative thing. with D1 sporting a family friendly, clean image, having a driver get arrested for street drifting is not good publicity. sucks that he's banned, but i'm pretty sure everyone knows the risk they take when they street drift.

Oilcover
01-18-2011, 01:17 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs069.snc4/34802_490421053579_530803579_6146941_1273390_n.jpg

closeup of the car at autosalon. He'll be fine. it's the talk of
the town, though. Nakamura don't give a fuck. :fawkd: everyone
knows the only thing the new D1 will have in common with the
old D1 is the name. without good people, it's destined to fail.

Drift N Dragg
01-18-2011, 01:54 PM
no your wrong, think first. famous pro sports doing something illegal=obvious ban
he was practicing and although its illegal, thats all he was doing. not taking steroids or doin coke or drugs.

back to the point, it sucks that hes banned but D1 went downhill anyway, thats why tsuchiya and dai are starting their own things.

No you're Wrong,

Street Drifting, even in Japan, is ILLEGAL.. Anything ILLEGAL is Against the LAW, which is WRONG.. Drugs, Acts of Stupidity, etc..

He has money.. he can AFFORD TRACK TIME.. There are many Tracks to Practice at...

Yes, being Stationed in Japan before, people street drift all the time.. Create movies, sell said movies, have fun, and etc.. BUT what you do not see is all the Arrests, complaints, and Driver's license's revoked ( including US Military and they are Harsher on the military ) cars crushed, people injuried.

He may have had good intentions ( but not common sense ), but the fact remains he broke the law.. Repeatedly

T.O.D.
01-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Wowzers.. some people prefur hitting the streets like we've all seen in the past AND present. Throw him a bone..comlete expulsion?! This isn't a government event you tricks

Pure_JDM
01-18-2011, 02:42 PM
How many times am I going to have to read "No your wrong" in this thread before one of you goes through elementary grammar and learns the difference in your and you're?

On topic... sucks for him, but as mentioned, the guy has unlimited access to tracks around the country (hell, around the world for that matter), why can't he drift legally? Not fun anymore?

S14DB
01-18-2011, 03:25 PM
I have to think to compete in a "Street Legal" series you would need your drivers license to be street legal.

240cracker
01-18-2011, 03:35 PM
without street drifting it would have never been invented and there wouldnt even be a d1 series!!!!

LAMEEEE

JayDee M Rolly
01-18-2011, 03:39 PM
who cares D1 is going to crap anyway.

stick to your roots.

RurouniMidnight
01-18-2011, 06:15 PM
Nakamura has podiumed or won almost each round of D1SL in the past few years, i understand how the Japanese view things and how things viewed by the public eye is serious business but for D1 to ban one of the most exciting and popular drivers can only hurt them more. I hope to see Naoki driving again soon in some sort of series like MSC, this new series supposedly happening etc... where he shine like the glory days of D1 years ago.

chiboy002
01-18-2011, 06:44 PM
On topic... sucks for him, but as mentioned, the guy has unlimited access to tracks around the country (hell, around the world for that matter), why can't he drift legally? Not fun anymore?
There is something different about street drifting that i would assume isn't felt at the track. The rush, the danger, the raw feeling you get sliding through streets you know just a few hours before was busy with traffic. Its the rush that you get that brings you back to the streets.

Nakamura has podiumed or won almost each round of D1SL in the past few years, i understand how the Japanese view things and how things viewed by the public eye is serious business but for D1 to ban one of the most exciting and popular drivers can only hurt them more. I hope to see Naoki driving again soon in some sort of series like MSC, this new series supposedly happening etc... where he shine like the glory days of D1 years ago.
pretty much sums it up.

JohnnyDrfiter22
01-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Maybe being Banned for life is harsh but Banned for the season or two would have been more appropriate. maybe he was made an example of, trying to crack down on illegal street drifting what better way than punish someone such as nakamura

KansaiDrifter
01-19-2011, 01:28 AM
Naoki Nakamura is the F*&^ing man with a drift car, my favorite driver and I'll follow his driving career in any series.

The f*&^'d up part is that I can turn on Option D1 dvd's with Nomuken showing the drift spots and riding along, etc. etc. Yet this happens and it's a big deal? Really?

Yeah D1 has changed, hope more people can now see that Tsuchiya and Daijiro are right. I was even skeptical but this persuaded me.

Rock on Nakamura and as the famous saying goes, "F*&^ the Police" haha

Moon Ill
01-19-2011, 04:53 PM
No they don't, nor haven't. Same with F1.

It seems you are right.

Still, they made a bold statement with their action. In this they are sending the message to their drivers to behave with sense on public roads. However, if they are showing illegal street driving and using it to promote their brand then their hypocrisy overwhelmingly outweighs any potential goodwill their ban could generate.

People enjoy drifting because it's cool and fun (like break dancing in a way). Trying to "create an image" and taking on a manufactured stance vs an organic one diminishes all of that.

SHARKERIOcoupe
01-19-2011, 05:17 PM
Life Moves On.
I support Naoki Nakamura

Drift On bruh!

ranger240
01-19-2011, 06:03 PM
so a guy does something in the wrong place and is then banned from doing said act in the right place...

brilliant.

Oilcover
01-19-2011, 07:42 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2vwtjqs.jpg

now taking orders.

AYE MAN THIS IS KADEEM!!!
01-19-2011, 08:31 PM
now taking orders.

im down to buy one of those lol

DenkiMan!
01-19-2011, 09:05 PM
^^^^^ hahaha i wudnt mind one either :bigok:

Teddy
01-19-2011, 09:51 PM
Who cares? He probably doesn't and it's not going to stop him from street drifting or picking up new sponsors and drifting in other series.

It's retarded that D1 banned him for it though considering the countless Option videos that show all of the professional drivers street drifting.

Oh well.

Bobafreak
01-20-2011, 03:49 AM
now taking orders.
I got one in the process
http://img2.allvoices.com/thumbs/event/900/570/66977691-free-wesley.jpg
I know hes wrong but, HE MADE BLADE BITCHES!!

SlideKing92
01-20-2011, 03:53 AM
Im down for a "free Naoki" shirt

Oilcover
01-20-2011, 03:57 AM
guys, the shirt pic is a joke. haha.

http://freeweezyshirt.com/wp-content/uploads/free%20weezy%281%29.jpg

:keke:

Bobafreak
01-20-2011, 04:56 AM
I would laugh at the person still wearig that shirt

Toi
01-20-2011, 05:44 AM
No you're Wrong,

Street Drifting, even in Japan, is ILLEGAL.. Anything ILLEGAL is Against the LAW, which is WRONG.. Drugs, Acts of Stupidity, etc..

He has money.. he can AFFORD TRACK TIME.. There are many Tracks to Practice at...

Yes, being Stationed in Japan before, people street drift all the time.. Create movies, sell said movies, have fun, and etc.. BUT what you do not see is all the Arrests, complaints, and Driver's license's revoked ( including US Military and they are Harsher on the military ) cars crushed, people injuried.

He may have had good intentions ( but not common sense ), but the fact remains he broke the law.. Repeatedly

Don't take it as an insult its not directed directly at you but more towards whoever you were watching because what ever Mountain pass or port you were at was full of idiots.

We had/have guys with radios at all entry points, if the cops show up EVERYONE knows!

tricky_ab
01-20-2011, 08:36 AM
I would laugh at the person still wearig that shirt

Same, I would wear mine under a sweater or something! :wavey:

KansaiDrifter
01-20-2011, 01:11 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2vwtjqs.jpg

now taking orders.

haha I'd buy one, maybe one with his car pic lol