PDA

View Full Version : Nismo or Energy Suspension

Foreva180
09-11-2003, 09:00 PM
I am in need of subframe bushing. My choices are Nismo, or Energy Suspension. I went to Courtesy Nissan today, and they told me that Nismo is softer, and Energy suspension uses poly urathen, and that's harder....but someone else told me that's exactly the opposite... :confused: can someone clarify this for me?? thanks!

kandyflip445
09-11-2003, 09:41 PM
Rubber is softer than polyurethane. Rubber would be better if you don't intend to track it a lot. It would transmit less road noise through the chassis and be a little more forgiving with vibrations. The poly ones would give you a more solid feel and more road noise and stuff.

Muzzy
09-11-2003, 10:05 PM
...they are harder but i belive they wear out faster cuz its not as strong or as durable as rubber...i have nismos...not subframe though.
i dont even know wut the hell a sub frame is..or do i...

Chernobyl
09-11-2003, 10:21 PM
Have you looked into subframe spacers? They go between the original shot bushings and squeeze them to make them more solid. I have no first hand experience with them, but others on this site have them and say they do the job. Do a search and find out more...

Foreva180
09-11-2003, 10:24 PM
thanks for the replies.... i have heard about the spacers...but do they do the job of stopping me from replacing my subframe bushing??? i can just get these and it'll work???

Flybert
09-12-2003, 02:22 AM
Yeah, you can get some Greg Dupree subframe spacers to compress your old bushings. The cool thing is that they are only $60 and you don't have to drop the subframe to install them. To install those rubber or polyU bushings, it's going to be a pain in the ass and not worth it in my opinion. Forget polyU, the GD spacers are anodized aluminum and you get to pick your color if you're into that kinda thing.

Negreac
09-12-2003, 08:03 AM
It really depends what kind of car you are building. I persoanlly am going with all Nismo bushings, for two reasons. The first being I'm trying to build a streetable car that I can take girls in and Daily drive if I ever need to and poly bushings are horrible for ride quality. They will increase panel rattle/squeek, decrease ride quality/comfort, increase road noise, and be harder on your frame/suspension components. Nismo's units are just a harder rubber, I think like 30% harder than stock, which will give a tighter feel but leave the car bearable on rough roads. The other reason is Nismo's bushings are waranteed by Nissan, I dont have to worry about some odd fitment problem or them somehow causing damage or excessive wear to any other components of my driveline/frame. If I was building a track car it would be a different story, which is why I say it's up to you to decide how much comfort you are willing to give up for performance.