PDA

View Full Version : MAF sensor...

Brian BK
01-13-2011, 02:50 AM
yo whats up everyone? well im getting in to the tuning seen and i have the basic swap of the SR. and i wanted to know how or what i need to do to get rid of the MAF sensor due to installing a top mount turbo? and also i am putting a gt35 turbo on but will my motor have enough power to spool her up?

miravete
01-14-2011, 01:51 AM
you can get rid of the maf by using a standalone ecu and programming it for now maf :D

or you can do a blowthrough (which is putting the maf on the hot or cold pipe) instead of the turbo inlet :D

Brian BK
01-14-2011, 04:40 AM
now can i program it or do i have to take it to a shop? im trying to avoid going to the shops out here due to OVER pricing.
also which is a good standalone that i can get?

TNathe
01-14-2011, 06:18 AM
i think you need to start with the search function on this site.

Brian BK
01-16-2011, 03:07 PM
ok so i got a t25 turbo for time being just to get me around and well i ran into some bumps... i cant put on the intake elbow cause the exhuast manifold is in my way, so then i remembered that you guys said i could put my maf on the exhaust side or threw out the intercooler piping so thats what i did and she starts up but at a high rev and when she calms down she starts to hesitate and die out. so i figured i had it on the wrong way but no it wasnt. so anyways so i tried it again and she turned on ok but then i realized that i didnt even connect the maf... so then when i connected it she died out. so can i drive her around for the time being with out the maf or not? i have stock ecu no piggyback or anything yet...

TNathe
01-18-2011, 08:33 AM
and it ran fine before you switched to a top-mount manifold? Im also confused on how your manifold is in the way of the intake pipe if it is in fact a top-mount. But NO, you can't go driving around without your MAF hooked up.

Brian BK
01-19-2011, 08:52 AM
no the whole top mount thing hasnt happened yet, so as of right now im going back to stock everything. exhaust manifold and all. anyways so i get this baby turbo thinking that it would be a simple little bolt on thing and it was but i couldnt attach anything to the turbo cause of the fact that its a bit to small compared to my last turbo (t28) so i did some bending to get the outlet side of the compressor to fit ok but then i relocated my maf to the pipe right before the intake side of the intercooler, and once i was done with putting her back together i tried starting her up and right away she started to rev up really high and wouldnt come down. so then after that i turned her off and figured i placed the maf on the wrong way, so i switched it around and nothing wouldnt even start. so i put it back the other way... so now why is it starting up at a very high rpm and not coming down???